Review: Savage C- Smokey The Bandit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Savage C from Pervelous P Camp/ Nocturnal Hustlers

1. The Great One- I couldn't think of a better way to start this album. This is one of my fav's on the cd. Crazy beat from Davey D, has a great sample. Sav has his usual simile-packed lyrics. "I stay on the grass like Marshall Faulk, with some trees that would make Bob Marley cough" The only thing is there's no hook to the song so I gave it a 9.5/10

2. Face The Music- At first I wasnt really feelin the beat that much, but Ive gotten into it. There isnt much bass to it. But savs' lyrics make up for it, one of his tightest songs lyrically on the album. Its got a couple cuts on it with an old sample. 8.5/10

3. Mic 2 The Ave featuring Rasco- Another one of my favorite songs. The beat is crazy, another gem by Davey D. Sav spits first with a dope verse. Rasco goes 2nd. I just started getting into Cali Agents so Im feelin it a lot. Sav has another verse which is tight as hell. He spits one of my fav lines on the album, "Wherever I go Im recognized all the time, cuz I stick out like a trenchcoat at Columbine" 10/10

4. Smokey The Bandit- The title track to the album. The beat sounds like one of Davey's older beats, with no sample, and keyboards. Sav has more dope lyrics, "Miraculous like Jesus, Ill hit up who wants to be a millionaire and jack Regis" Sav just talks about how he is, and why he's the bandit. 9/10

5. Stuck With Me- Another keyboard beat by Davey, sounds really tight with the drumline. Sav talks about how hes in the game, and if you dont like him, its too bad. "Set your VCR for 5 years from now, flip to MTV and you'll see me" Thats something that I hope will become true. At the end he gives a shout out to San Mateo, my hometown. 8.5/10

6. Hip Hop Hooray- Chill ass beat from Davey, has a good piano sample, and a voice sample on the hook. "Davey D's beats slam like bumper cars." Sav talks about how much he loves hip hop music. Another crazy verse, with lots of good metaphors and similies. At the end of the song Sav says, "ths shit kinda reminds me of 94."It really does. 9/10

7. Same Sav Same Cane featuring Mista Cane- This was the song I was anticipating the most, because Cane's one of my favorite rappers right now. Sav spits the first verse with one of the trickiest lines Ive ever heard, sounds like a tongue twister. "I make playmaker paper, the haymaker taker, break a razor with a page of tha bay to breaka flava, u gotta savor the savior." Cane spits the second verse and doesnt disappoint. Sav spits the last verse and comes just as tight as the first one. The beat is hella chill, another sampled one from Davey. 9.5/10

8. Dont be Scared featuring MDash- Davey produces a tight reggae beat, perfect for the dank smokers. Sav spits first about how much weed he blows. He slows his rhyme pattern down a little bit and it doesnt really sound right to me yet. MDash goes 2nd and spits some dope shit. I just got the highway 420 dvd so I know that Dash really rhymes about what he does, cuz he blows big. Sav spits again, and sounds a lot better than the 1st verse. Dash spits again and rhymes completely about weed. 9/10

9. Let Me Know- The first of the two songs that were put up early on dubcnn. I been playing the fuck out of this song for the last week while waiting for the album to come. Yet another great sample from Davey D. I think this song could be a single, the beat is so catchy. The guitar riff pulls it all together. It has a great hook too. More dope spits from Sav. 9.5/10

10. Stutter Step- The second song put up on dubcnn. I been waiting to get the cd so I could have it in better quality cuz this song is heat. Sav has some awesome lyrics, and the stuttering on the hook is great. "Never fuck with bitches that got Oklahoma, that means Dirty South, feel me? Then salute me soldier" lol, some of his shit is so creative I wonder why people aren't putting him on their albums as much as they should be. 10/10

11. Executive Suite- A really laid back beat from Davey. Sav spits about going to Las Vegas and everything you do while in the City of Sin. The hook says, "Floss like a star, fully stocked bar, and you haters all hate to see it like cop cars" This is another mid-90's sounding beat, I could picture it being played in Ocean's 11 part 2, lol. 8.5/10

12. Money and Weight featuring Planet Asia- An oldass sample from Davey, goes perfect with Asia's flow. Sav spits first with a flow where he rhymes everything. There's a sample of a broad singin that sounds good with the horns on the song. Even sav says, "Peep the background let the gorgeous sing" Asia does the hook, and also has the second verse. He spits about Cali life, and has some heat. Sav does another verse that seems like it was made for the song. 10/10

13. Uh Ah- A dope beat from !Prohoezack? from Sean T's Get Gone camp. Sounds like a Dr. Dre beat. Sav comes dope with a couple of really tight lines. "I'ma tell it like this, I got more scratch than itch, more zaggs than lynch, more ass than pimps." The hook is really tight too. 8.5/10

14. The world's my bitch- The snippet for this song was on Jonny T and KD's Shittin on beats mixtape. My favorite song on the album, the sample is crazy. Another one by Davey D. The baseline is tight as fuck, and Sav rides it perfectly. Spits some more dope lyrics that flow perfectly for the track. The hook is a great one too, "I just treat this world like its my bitch, pimp that shit, gimme money and make me rich, and if aint bout the dollars bitch, I dont give a fuck" 11/10

15. A Million bad habits featuring The Game- I been waiting to hear this one because of all the hype Game's been getting. Ive only heard a few of his tracks and he didnt dissapoint me. Sav spits another heater first. He also does the hook about the shitty habits they have. Game goes second and rips it. He has a line, "He's too real, gotta be from the East" Which is funny because so many people say hes a west coast artist, but sounds like hes from NY. Sav spits another tongue twisting verse, I wouldnt be surprised if Game wanted to do some more work with sav because his verse even outshines Games'. 9.5/10

16. Symphony of Similies- This song is exactly what the title says it is, non stop metaphors and similies. "Incredible like Hulk, zig zags like Marshall Faulk, call me Costco, I got dough, I carry in bulk." A really tight beat from Davey, sounds like a Sean T beat almost. Halfway thru the song the beat stops, probably to let the listener's ears catch up from all the crazy lines, and then starts back up to let Sav keep going. 9.5/10

17. Females & Hotels featuring Jonny T- A really tight, laid back beat from Davey, sounds like the hit DTP had last year. Sav spits first about a girl he met at a show, and their sexcapades. Jonny T spits second. A good sign of how much he's changed from Ten 2 Seven, which was out 4 years ago, to his newest album I hate Jonny T which is gonna be out in a month or so. Jonny talks about the women him and the P Camp meet on the road doing shows. Sav has another verse about pimpin broads, and Jonny T has another about the same thing. 8.5/10

18. Stryc-9- Another one of my favorites. Sav comes in before the drumline starts, which always sounds tight. He spits some really heated verses on this song, but the beat is what holds it all together. Davey D went to anoter level on this one, its real dark and fits the lyrics perfect. Sav says himself, "This beat sounds like Eminem made it" 10/10

19. Nocturnal Hustlin featuring KD- The beat sounds like it was leftover from the NH album, it has an older Davey D feel to it, laced with keyboards and lots of bass. It goes perfect because this is the Nocturnal Hustlers song. Sav spits first and has some more heat, "Im Ali stick and move for the cash like a prizefighter, a livewire limelighter rhymewriter, no lie stay high, wave high to sky divers" KD goes second. He's gotten a lot better since the city on the hush/ NH days. He has a tight verse about pimpin, drugs, and haters. Sav spits another verse that leaves your jaw on the floor. 9.5/10

This is one of the best debut albums Ive ever heard. Right now its a forerunner for album of the year. This makes me want NH2 even more than I did before, because everyone in P Camp seems to get better after every album. The artwork for the album is another classic from Evan at Photodoctors. I give the album classic status at a 10/10.

K

KAH

i feelin tha last track nocturnal hustlin' the most hope NH2 has tha some type of beats like that track. This is a dope album swoop it up if u dont have

May 2, 2002
KAH said:
i feelin tha last track nocturnal hustlin' the most hope NH2 has tha some type of beats like that track.
yeah, thats the track i liked the most. I'm still undecided on the album as a whole though. Savage C comes tight but i am not too sure about the production.

K

KAH

^^^^^i was hopin would be a type of NH beats like tha last track those go good wit savage c. When a KD solo droppin cause he goes good wit those type of beats 2

sikk

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Currently my two favorites are song #11 and song #13. Something about hearing a line about Adonal Foyal-D, i keep playing it over and over.