Review: Red Head Steve-"Redrum"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2002
first of all.. let me say this.. if you like brotha lynch... i gurantee you, you will like this album.. i think it is as good as "Season of Da Siccness" if not better.. this album is no joke.. its off the fuckin hinges...

1) Intro "Redrum"- nice little intro by Mr. D-Sane for Not 2 Sane Productions.. this guy is a master with the intros.. savage little beat with the kid from "The Shining" repeating "redrum" just to engrain the album concept into your brain
rating: N/A

2) At Tha Door- Produced by Red Head Steve very nice up in your face beat very nice flow over the beat.. one of my favorite songs on the album along with a few others.
rating: 9/10

3) We Some Killaz feat Lock N Load- another savage beat by Red Head Steve "We some killaz, shoot out wit cops in a chase, we some killaz, empty out the glocks in they face, we some killaz, seperate their kids at the waist, cause we some killaz penetrate they ribs for the taste" VERY nice track. I usually dont like Lock N Load, but on this track he proved he can come tight
rating: 10/10

4) On a Mission (Remix)- Beat by Mr. D-sane for Not 2 Sane Productions, i personally like the calmed down version better than the mobbin version.. a tight beat none the less.. just didnt fit the song IMO
rating: 7/10

5) Keep it Crackin feat Half Sane and T-Nutty- produced by Red Head Steve, VERY sick song, Half Sane had a savage ass verse.. just like all of his verses on this album.. Red Head Steve.. what can i say? dood raped the beat.. T-Nutty came tight... would you expect less from the "Flow Master Mouth?"

6) Operation Getback feat Half Sane and Young Vicious- Produced by Red Head Steve.. old song.. about two years.. regardless.. one of my favorites on the album.. Half Sane came savage as shit.. Young Vicious spit some TIGHT ASS lyrics over this "my hands are nimble, keepin enemies on the run like richard kimble" Red Head Steve sounded tight over this beat.. oold banger.. but still one of my favorites

7) Game Locked- produced by Red Head Steve.. most people think this is the best cut on the album.. i dont.. its a solid track though.. definitely a Brotha Lynch soundin beat.. somethin he'd just completely tear apart
rating: 7/10

8) Smash Down feat 151 of WCM- produced by Red Head Steve One of my favorites on the album... gets me pumped wantin to go smash someones face in the ground... Steve came incredibly tight on this song and if you dont already know about 151.. you're missin out

9) Get Punked feat Clockwork- produced by Half Sane.. i knew this dood made beats once in a while.. but I DID NOT expect him to make something this tight... another favorite of mine Clockwork holds it down on the chorus while steve comes in with the first verse and spits a nice steady flow with some savage ass lyrics then clockwork comes in ont he second verse and starts out about the same speed as steve then speeds up and goes about as fast as the hi hat and it sounded REAL NICE

10) Til The Day I Die feat Mo-x & Lil' G- produced by Apoulo.. this guy is under rated in the NW Apoulo bringin some of the tightest shit around the west coast IMO Steve laced it with a nice hook while mo-x and lil'g took this beat and flipped it and created some really tight stuff on it
rating: 8/10

11) Hardtimes feat skuntdunanna- produced by Red Head Steve funny little intro on this.. got me laughin... Steve tore it up while skunt.. well.. lyrically he was tight but i personally am not feelin his voice.. different strokes for different folks ya feel me?

12) Beyond Hurt feat Young Bop & Half Sane- produced by Red Head Steve this was the first time i've ever heard Young Bop and i was impressed... he tore shit up.. Half Sane.. came tight as normal... same with steve... nice beat too

13) Killaz 4 Tha Payroll feat Mak One, Greedy BD & Half Sane- produced by Red Head Steve and Greedy BD.. i dont liek the beat that much on here... I get the feeling it was mostly a Greedy BD beat.. this is my least favorite song on the album.. im not really feelin Mak One or Greedy BD steve and Half sane came tight... but the other too... ehh not my style
rating: 6/10

14) Invincible Man feat Half Sane & H-bomb- produced by Red Head Steve, Steve and half sane came sick as hell on this... H-bomb came tight too... very under rated artist from the NW

15) In Tha Wind- produced by Mr. D-Sane for Not 2 Sane Productions.. i usually dont feel doods beats.. but he came VICIOUS with this one.. perfect for steve... one of my favorite songs for sure

16) Unsaved Rats- produced by Kevin Gardner old ass cut... i think its from the late 90's i think... definitely tight... one of the more average cuts on the album.. sounds like a Brotha Lynch song.. somethin him and the Siccmade Fam would record

17) True Blue Killaz feat Prozax & Lock N Load- produced by Ryan "RC" Croone.. another Brotha Lynch and Siccmade Fam sounding song.. definitely tight.. i think this song is an older one too... great song tho... sounds SICK AS FUCK

18) Aint No Tellin'- produced by Kevin Gardner nice beat.. soudns liek a Dooms Day Productions song very nice... good singing.. steve coming as savage as usual...

Overall... this may be a bold statement... this album IMO is as good as Season Of Da Siccness if not a little better... One of my favorite albums my ears have heard.. filled with SAVAGE beats along with them baby nuts and guts lyrics along with a mix of some gangsta and metaphores and what not... Red Head Steve proved he can be very versatile on a track... Basically... Red Head Steve will be replacing Brotha Lynch when he stops recording (if he ever does.. dood has game for days) he is the closest thing to Brotha Lynch besides Lynch himself... and if im not mistaken.. i believe they did a song together.. anyways... if you havent copped the album yet.. hit up the NW forum for info on ordering

OVERALL RATING: 8.8

Apr 25, 2002
decent review, I could do better. lol.... But for real go cop this album and support my boy Steve, he's got major heat that will have your system knockin for months.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
...at the same time RHS got his own style but it's similar to Lynch... RHS ain't no Lynch clone and that's real deal, I just wanna get that "In The Wind" cause my boy is filthy but by no means is he trying to replace Lynch, they both just happen to rap sickly ya dig?

Good review though!!!!

Jan 18, 2003
www.kwprecordz.com
IMO Red Headed Unleaded got his own thang goin...he's different than Lynch. They both rap about violent shit, but stylistically they are both unique. Comparing the album to Lynch might mislead people that have not heard the album. Regardless tho, this is one of the most heated releases out this year, so COP THAT.

Aug 20, 2004
Cranky said:
The only cut I skip is Killaz 4 Tha Payroll, and that's only because Mak One absolutely ruins the song.....
"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah.....Bdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrddrddrdrdrdr!!"

LOL...you gotta admit though...the dude is funny...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
BAMMER said:
I hope BD don't spit that way now.He was ill on the IK album
Are you talking about #13? The killaz for the payroll or whatever? If so, BD doesn't spit like that now. And that was actually one of my least favorite songs on that album...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
^^there isn't a site, but hit him up on the PMs and I'm sure he'll hook you with a good deal. Steve is a cool ass dude and is on top of shit...