a review from the old moderator

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 28, 2002
the following review is from an artist who utlized the www.91siccness.com (in its glory) to further his career. He performed at the first ever 91siccness concert with Doomsday, Dubb Sak, Loki, Zagg, P Folks, First Degree. I'm talkin about Bukshot. An artist who came on the site and earned enough respect from the people who created the site and who the site was based after to receive an invite out to the first and ONLY concert put out by this website.

Bukshot has performed songs with First Degree the DE, Brotha Lynch Hung, X Raided, Loki, Dubb Sak and in my opinion the hottest artist at this moment ever to post on the 91siccness...BALANCE.

i am not coming here to try and make money..if you wanna buy the album you are paying Bukshot not me. So buy 2 copies a piece or say you think its garbage. I just want to get some feedback on what you all think about my review and its kinda hard to give honest feedback unless you have really heard the album.

here is the review. but feel free to listen to the tracks your damn self cause what the fuck do i know here is the link

Www.soundclick.com/bukshot

there comes a point in everyones career, if you are a milkman, mailman, dopeman or hitman, that you need to decide if you got what it takes to put it on the line or not. nothing changes just cause you put feeligns over beats. there comes that same point in the career of a rapper...are you putting it on the line? are you speaking what you truely feel or are you just trying to line your pockets and live the life you feel you deserve? knowing bukshot like i do (which as a journalism degree holding college grad i do not let this effect the factual reporting of this disertation...more commonly known as a review...) i can tell you that he pours his blood, sweat, and tears in his music from the first time i heard One More for the Hataz 4 years ago...ok so i caught on a little late...but then the first time I listened to No White Flags the hair on my arms stood at attention. Anyone who has listened to Bukshot knows...it isnt his lyrical uniqueness that blows you away....it is the passion, heart, and flat out ability to touch the person listening that gets you hooked. Buk is honest, passionate, and relentless with his raps. In a world filled with artists willing to do what it takes to sell a few extra records it is refreshing to hear an artist like Bukshot that is still willing to put out music that he wants to hear and what he feels. I have never heard a dishonest line come out of a Bukshot song and most of the time this is knowing the story behind the song. I won't try to hide behind the fact that I have become pretty good friends with Bukshot over the past 4 years. The main reason I can consider Buk a friend of mine is because I dont have to powerpuff a review and say the things he puts his heart into dont sound very good (which I have before). I will be the first to tell you...the subject matter of No White Flags is repeative (ask him what i told him first)...but that is because the things Buk experiances are repetive. Everyone is hating the first person to put a scene on the map unless he is carrying them along. Buk is putting Louisville on the map and everyone in Louisville he is not helping is hating him. Just as Eazy E had to deal with people hating him in Compton in 88 Buk is dealing with the same shit 16 years later. But lets cut the bullshit and get down to the album...

I was going to do a track by track review like your typical review but you know what...ive read those before and I usually skim thru until I see some quotes from the album.

I am not gonna go that route.

This is how it is point blank in your face straight to the point....

Buk ( if you heard his other albums is always good for a dope ass movie quote drop in) and this is how this album starts. The first thing you notice is Buk has changed his flow and is now able to deliver his heartfelt lyrics in a flow that fits the beat and switches up on you. Buk still comes up with cleaver ways to say shit that has been said before while still putting the Bukshot twist on it. Like any Bukshot album the beats are banging and unlike any previous Bukshot album he adds a twist...you get a dope ass hard rock feel to it. First with Louisville's own Breckinridge on 2 remix tracks (tear the roof off and They still Dont Love me...the latter is a amazing track) and then with 2 other new tracks from a band everyone knows... the band is N-rok (spell that backwards cause they did these songs out of respect not $) but yea its that band that has been blowin up MTV for the past 7 years. Anyways..they did 2 songs. Sick Em is the most amazing out of the two they did from a musical stand point but the other track they did...RUn....which features Haystak is lyrically the best track on the album. I have heard a lot of EPs in my 12 years of listening to hip hop...and this IS NOT an EP. This is 17 tracks with NO intros or skits. The reason this is referred to as an EP is because it is only 9 tracks that have never been heard before by even die hard Bukshot fans (i still think its 10 cause i dont think anyone has yet to hear my man SC's track with Haystak's Crazy White Boyz)

To anyone who is reading this that has not heard the album yet...this is all I have to say...the hooks can get repetive...its a bunch of ...fuck you, i aint givin up, i hate you...music....but, Buk does a great job of changing up his flow to keep the album moving nicely. THe guest spots are a great way to break up the album. There are a few tracks that seem out of place (incase you wanted to know they are # 10,14, 15) and that is not because they are old. ONe of my favorite tracks on the whole album is the first song Bukshot ever recorded called Turn It Out. You can sense Buk's passion way back before he even knew that anyone would actually listen to this white boy from the Bluegrass state.

Buk is truely an artist that makes music because he wants to hear something better then what he has been hearing and most importantly because unlike most rappers out there Bukshot actually has something to say that is worth hearing.