Review Of King Freako - Story Of A Young G: Life As A General

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 4, 2005
Im doing 9-6 pc type work 4 a bout 4-6 months an im bored doing this shit, so im gona be postin sum reviews and shit starting with this one.
Okay i know alot of people had the bootleg before it offically dropped and alot of people bitched about the quilaty of the cd (which was kinda disapointing) But im gonna review it on the quailty of the beatz,lyricz and knockz.

Before i start im gonna point out that I listen to Ghettostar/Mob Figaz/Hoodfellaz shit alot so my review may be abit bias but ill try keep it as treal as possible. Lets go..

1) Intro/breathe easy feat Desert Eagle
This is a nice verse to start of the album and get shit started, nice lyrics nice slow beat but nothin specail as its jus an intro. Desert Eagle is just givin props to Freak and other real Nigz. 8/10

2) It was all a Dream
Nice beat and the hook is catchy and deep, about ghetto struggles and aspirations really. Freako drops sum gems over a smooth beat. 8/10

3) No One
I like the beat and hook to this, Freak had fire in his heart when he wrote this one. When you in a fuck the world mood listen to this shit. 8/10

4) Lost Soul
Deep track with sum deep lyrics, in the hook Freak is saying "Im a Lost Soul" and detailing the harsh realitys of his and his peers life. Its over a kinda bassy and slowish beat which continues for an extra 2mins afta all the lyrics are finished for sum reason. 8/10

5) EveryThang feat Uzi
I like this beat alot, its smooth and kinda soul-full, i think its RobLo or Maki . Uzi spits an okay verse about his Family and during the chours there sayin " EveryThang was sad, EveryThang was bad, but i love what made me like this, i love what mad me like this. Freako basicly talks bout how life shaped him, nice lyrics. Nice Summer song 9/10

6) Bad Karma Feat Rees
My best track on the album, the beat sounds like a stuggle/pain theme and freak & Rees drop lyrics only real nigz would understand. Freako spitz first and starts of hella nice then does the chours " Im a suicide bomber" ( itz in my sig.). Rees drops a very nice verse bout nigz and block shit, then Freako drops one of the best verses on the album. " In the projects that im from a young girls body was found hung". 10/10

7) My Life Feat Jacka
A waste of a Jacka feature and a decent beat. The quility is bad so Freako sounds weird and Jacka sounds like a little girl. I got a version of this song without Freako and it isnt as bad quailty (i think Quinn or Feddys on it i cant remember.) If it was better quillity it woul get a 7 but i skip it most of the time so it gets a 4/10

8) Story Of A Young G: Life As A General
Nice beat, nice chours with Freak sayin " this is the life of a general real shit to listen to". Nice lyrics, all together a nice song. 8/10

9) Life Down Under feat Scoob Nitty
I dont really like this song, The beat is kinda plain and the Lyrics are good but nothin special. Scoob Nittys verse is okay but i dont like it ( i either really like his verses or hate them.) . Its a dark beat with a standard GhettoStarz type chours, GhettoStarz listeners will like it. 7/10

10) Street illusuions
Beat uses the same sample as that Nas & R.kelly song ( Did U Eva) but sounds better. This song is catchy and has some real nice lyrics. " Street illusions, visions of niggaz shottin, a few niggaz want my life". This shit iz classic Freako matrial as it embodys his life and Mentality. 10/10

11) Livin is Love
Slow beat stadard Ghettostarz type beat. I didnt feel this track when i first wrote this review but i love it now so it gets a better rating. talking bout life, death and he drops sum nice metaphors. 9/10

12) Make The Muzik
This beat is sum ready for war shit and when it drops properly it sound hella nice, Another tight track from Daddy freak. The chours is like " Let the muzik go , cos my soul is trapped in my body". He basic details about how his escape from life is though his music and how his soul lives on in music once it leaves his body, DEEP SHIT. He also says one tite line about his voice speaking though the muzik next summer without him makin a sound. Classic Freako shit 10/10

13) War Times Feat Syko and Rydah
I got this track off of Syko's Soundclick page ages ago and didnt really like it then, and nothins changed. The beat is kinda dark and boring plus Sykos talking over the track does nothin for me. Ive heard Rydah spit the verse he spits before and it sounded better then, Freakos verse is nothin Special either. Youll like it or skip it 6/10

14) We Starz Feat Dubb20
Had this track before aswell, typical Ghetto Starz shit over a kinda slow beat. Dubb20 drops a decent verse ( i dont think hes ever dropped a shit one) and Freako also drops decent shit. Nice track but nothin special. 7/10

15) You Know When Its War Feat Clika Da Menace
Freako is hyped on this one and starts of sayin "This whole fuckin world is mine!". The beat is hyped & bouncy and the hook is catchy & Treal. Freako spits sum treal shit on this. 8/10

16) Lil Ghutter Boy
Nice smooth Beat which Freako shines on. This trackz another deep Freako song with him talking bout Nigz in the street and what we do, you know block & Stuggle shit. I didnt start listenin to this track right away but now i really like it. 8/10

17)Livin This Gangsta Life Feat Husalah
This is a Husalah track featuring Freako really as he only drops one verse but its real nice. The beat is a smooth gangsta type cruising shit probley Roblo. Hus does the chours and it sounds hella nice. Husalahs two verses are also real nice talkin bout the life he leads and his love for it. Freako has the second verse and spits with a passion with sum nice lyrics, i wanted another verse from him but Hus's second verse is "stupid fresh" so it doesnt fault the song. 10/10

18) Help Me Feat Mac Dre, Rydah & Ephierm Galloway
Just incase you not a Mac dre fan and havent heard it already ( not likly on this board.) ill rate this last track. Nice slow beat with a real struggle type chours for the Nigz doing what they gotta do to get by even if it wrong. Mac Dres verse is sum treal shit for the nigz inside and Freako talks about his jail time and shit he went through. Rydah finishs it off with a verse about doing what he has to on the streets and showin love to his nigz coming home from bids. 10/10

Overall this album is a classic regardless of it few faults and the mood of the album sucks you in like a bitch with a mouth like a black hole.

I would have wanted an Ap-9 and Freako track and another track with Rydah and Jacka but that obviously wasent possible. If you take the time to listen to it youll love it but if you jus start skippin through looking for slumpers you will miss this treal shit. Freako/Ghettostarz/Mob Figaz listeners will feel it more but New listeners will like this shit too. 8/10
If you aint got it then go cop it. Peace

R.I.P Fredrick Gaines AkA Freako AKA King, your albums will be in my collection til i get to go to "heaven" an record that Comp wit all my Sis, my Nigz and all my pasted away musicans. One Love Rest In Plush.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
i picked up this about 2 months ago and been slappin it a lot...the album is tight...and the only thing that i was disappointed about was the quality, but the beats and lyrics made up for that and i can look past the quality...i'll agree with Blackandproud and give it and 8 out of 10...

Feb 4, 2005
Matt Dre said:
I was never a big Freako fan but I listened to this album on northern-ridaz and I was feelin it. I've been meaning to pick it up ever since.
You should, next time your near a cd shop or better still order from rap bay some of the proceds go to Freaks daughter and fam.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I just couldn't get into that album at all, whoever put it together should have put it together alot better. The sound quality was so bad i just couldn't soak it. One song you gotta turn up hella high and others you'll have it on low ass volumes and its ready to pop your speakers. It had some good songs but the sound quality just messed them up.

Feb 4, 2005
**NoRTHFaCE** said:
U LISTEN 2 THIS DUDE IN A "ZONE" AND U FEEL HIM MORE. LIGHT UP AND MEDITATE.

100-

yeah itz real life shit that Freako dropped you gotta zone out, itz not club or party muzik so if you aint in that mentality then you probley wont like him. Cant wait for this 'El Pueblo Children' album thats Supposed to be dropping, i thought this was the last of his material.