Request: the unexpected

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2003
It's basically very well done, IMHO...Taydatay, E-Sicc, Big Quint, D.I.G., and Big Mack are the "big guns" on the CD in terms of appearances, and they all represent well, especially E-Sicc and Big Mack. Hennesey is on four or five tracks, and he sounds about the same as he always has (which is cool), but Maine-O only appears on one track and I THINK Big Vic appears MAYBE once (about eight bars), but I'm not sure...from what I understand, most of these guys now have kids and families to take care of and shit, so it's hard these days to get all of them in the studio at any one particular time. It's all good, though--it's better than about 95% of the shit that passes for Rap today, IMHO.

There's also some features from Guce, San Quinn, Charlie Manhattan, Don Cisco and a few others I can't think of...the CD really only falters towards the end w/ the last two or three cuts; otherwise it's worth picking up if you're a fan...The production's less "echoey" and "spacious" sounding than it was on the Dogday releases, but it's still Bay Area-sounding.

PEACE!

Apr 25, 2002
I was expecting a lot when i swooped this up. The CWH and 11/5 and UDI and all the killahoes been waiting to hook up on an album for years. But when I picked it up, I found myself pretty dissapointing. The production was hit and miss throughout the album, and the lyrics were decent but nothing mind blowing. As a team I think the killahoes may be passed their heydays, but definitely a good pickup for a fan of any of The Unexpected members. Also, Quinn drops a tight verse on Break Our Ground and Guce makes a good guest appearence on his track.