The Prophet - A New Breed Of Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
www.westsiderap.com
http://www.westsiderap.com/featuredalbum-theprophetanewbreedofrap.htm

"A New Breed Of Rap" is the debut album from one of the hungriest Bay Area cats around, The Prophet. The album contains ten tracks and two interludes and really shows off the raw talent he possess. It leaves you anticipating his next cd. Guest features on here include Al Beezy, N.I.M.A., Dedaman & Crystal. Their are no production credits in the album booklet but I believe most of the production was done by Paz Productions.

From listening to tracks like ""Rise & Conquer," "For Tha Bay" & "Paid Dues" you can hear how hungry this cat is. His lyrics contain so much emotion when he spits and it really shows on here. In these days and times, that's pretty rare to find.

Their's a couple slow tracks on here as well. The tracks "V.I.P." & "A Mother's Love" show a softer side to The Prophet. Both tracks feature Crystal and both are hott. The Prophet comes tight on both but it's the smooth singing of Crystal that really makes these two tracks stick out on the album. "V.I.P." is my favourite one on here.

Overall this album was dope. Alotta versatility shown by The Prophet, touching on different subjects and changing up his flow throughout. It's only his debut album as well. It lets the listener know that he has a lot to say on alotta subjects. Take a chance and pick this album up, it literally has something for everyone.