PISTOL CEE AND LIL' DUCE: BLOCKMADE REVIEW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
R E V I E W

1. INTRO-The intro was tight. Not to many Homeboy albums have an intro that I like, one thing that maybe helped out more was that you rapped on it rather that just talked shit over a tight ass beat. It also sounds like you didn't hold anything back for the intro. It felt like you jumped right into the album, you set the mood early and let everyone know what they was in for, some hardcore West Bay shit!

2. RED RAGGIN- The beat you guys chose for this track is tight. Everytime this song comes on my lil' brother, my moms, everyone tells me to turn it up. This beat moves people. The hook also was laid nicely, props Pistol. Fatone has the kind of vioce that will slap you in the face, knock you on your ass and demand you attention. Good delivery lyrics were on point. Lil' Duce rides the beat perfect, complementing each other nicely. Lyrics of course on point. Pistol Cee spits somthing that will put a picture in your head and get you amped. This track is tight. One of the best on this CD.

3. BITCH I KNOW- This song is classic. Production is subperb on it. The hook is not only catchy but is very reminiscent of the Mario Winans hook, which made me like it more just becuase Lil' Duce twisted it like that!! This is the perfect track to play to an ex. Youngazzcuttyboy has came tight on every bar I've ever heard him spit. So of course on this one he came thru again. Tiny T's verse was coo too. Lil' Duce's verse stood out the most to me, he not only sounded sincere in what he said, but he rode the beat perfectly. This is going into the list of "CLASSIC HOMEBOY TRACKS" that grows by the album!

4. BLOCKMADE- I think Sleepy Santino is on of the most talented homeboys in the game especially when it comes to lyrics. He stands in front of a lot of others. "I'm a cold peice of work 'til they put me in the dirt". Santino's a savage on the mic. On this track Lil' Duce reminded me of the first time I heard Mousie. Just spittin' game, ridin' the beat flawlessly. Pistol Cee has a voice that has a deeper pitch. Lil' Duce has a higher pitched voice than Cee. It gives you like the Ying & Yang, hits you with both sides of it. Best of both worlds if you will. The Hook was tight Sleepy 22B did that, it sounded a lil' low, but not to noticable unless you listen to the track really low.

5. THROW 'EM UP- "Rag around my face hittin' lane to lane, looking for 187's or the paper chase" Lil' Duce comes hella tight on this one. Makes you feel like ridin'. He sets an amped up mood for the song. Youngazzcuttyboy comes in more calm, kinda kills the energy in the begining of his verse, but picks it back up and brings the energy back around the end. Pistol Cee just ripped the track with his verse. He came with a sick ass flow, riding the beat perfectly, lyrics where tight, I liked how the rhyming switched up with the beat. The hook comes back in and brings more energy. Tight song!

6. OFF DA MAP- Lil' Duce drops some game on this track. Youngazzcuttyboy did the hook, its catchy ass hell, I've found myself rhyming along with it. Pistol Cee's verse was coo too. The lyrics were on point on this track. But what took the track was the hook. Sing with me ya'll "We gon' ride up on them scraps, we gon' peel there heads back, we gon' lay them suckas flat, we gon' take them off the map" Its just tight. Liked the snares on the beat too, Good shit!!

7.IT'S NOTHING- I wasnt feeling this song to much. The beat I think is what I wasnt feeling. But the lyrics were on point. If you ever do a remix of this track I think I would like it more. The beat was the only thing I wasnt feeling.

8. HOT EIGHT- Fatone "It's that block shit that hot shit, keep a gat up in the cockpit", Pistol Cee "Some of you niggas ain't about shit, take my gun put it in ya mouth bitch, put the body in the trunk then dump it", Lil' Duce "Flared up in red aint breaking a sweat, laughing out loud as I count my bread", "This block shit, no bitch shit, not that shit some cats spit bitch" each spit 8 bars. The title says it all. Hot 8. Yadadamean.

9. BLOCK NEWS- Loved this one. The Beat is tight, real hard. The hook is tight and sets the mode perfectly. Pistol Cee, Fatone, and Lil' Duce all came hard on this one. If you wanna show anybody how good this CD is just let them hear this song. It slaps, this is one of my most played songs, on a daily.

10. OUT HERE- Lil' Duce, Sleepy Santino, and Pistol Cee each let you know what they all about "Out here" in the streets. Real hard track. Beat is on point. Lil' Duce's verse was superb, he also did the hook, which is clean, Santino's verse, is ridiculously tight as usual. Pistol Cee's verse was tight. Loved the ending of the song, "Niggaz in my hood still smoothering scraps".

11. BUSTIN SHOTS- Straight Gangbang kill a scrap track. Lyrics were tight. Lil' Duce went first, came heated as usual, he also spit the hook which was, as usual, perfect. Pistol Cee, came nicely on this track as well. His flow was coo! Havent heard Lenyo Locs in a minute, but the homeboy is crazy, spits in english and spanish, and gots a crazy flow. "If you didn't know by now, we the mas chingones, bustin' shots at you bitch made maricones, Eat a serote you hijos de la gran puta, Fuckin wit' 22nd & Bryant niggas will shoot ya". Tight track.

12. SLAVE 2 DA HUSTLE- Copied the beat of Ja Rule's "New York", but the production actually sounds better then Ja's. Props to Sleepy 22B. The return of the SF legend Mousie. Anytime Mousie is on any track, its a classic. Regardless. Mousie drops gems. I think he is the most under-rated homeboy out there. Pistol Cee came tight on this track as well. Youngazzcuttyboy fit this beat perfectly. Reminded me why I looked for more of his material after I heard him on Northern Lifestyle's "Layin' On The Pavement". Great track!

187. KILLA SCRAP- Lil' Duce goes first he also gots the hook. Redrum, follwed by Pistol Cee. This track reminds me of somthing from 17 Reasons. Redrum threw in the spanish/english combo, that was tight. Lil' Duce does perfect hooks. Pistol Cee came tight too. "Red rag on my mug trying to get away".

14. FOURTEENS- Swinla is tight. I swear on everything tho that he sounds exactly like Yukmouth, but he's got more energy. I could listen to Yuk & Swinla all day. Never heard of Red Eyes before, but he made a good impression on the first time. Pistol Cee came fuckin tight on this one. Pistol reminds me of an all around artist. He can do the slow track, the turf tracks, any beat, he could flow to it. One of the best tracks on the CD. Sleepy 22B did a good job on the beat too!!

15. ON THESE STREETS- Whaaaaaaaaaa!!! Lil' Duce talkin' some hyphy Bay shit!! Thats tight. This is my favorite track on the whole CD. I liked the whole feel to it. Everything anyone said on it, everything. Dont think I've ever heard Junebug either, but he was coo. Pistol Cee came tight as usual as did Redrum. Beat slaps courtesy of Sleepy 22B. THIS TRACK IS THE SHIT!!

16. YOU CAN FIND ME part.2- Sounds a lot like the first.....tight!! Duce and Cee come tight as is now the usual. Tiny T scores point just for sayin "Niners Jersey on", but he came coo too. Overall a good track, you would usually find one of these tracks earlier in the tracklistng, but an album of this caliber which hasn't lost much of it's feel this deep into the album, finds it perfect where it is.

17. ACKNOWLEDGE- Never heard of Nacional. He's pretty tight too. Sleepy 22B on this as well accompaning Pistol Cee. Tight track, all lyrics where on point, the production as well.

18. BUMPING GUMS- Another one of my favorites. This ones for all the shit talkers, and I just finished recording a track about shit talkers, I heard this, and loved it. The Lyrics, beat, the hook, everything. Tight. Overall one of the best tracks on the cd.

19. WESTBAY SOLDIERS- Got the old school Eazy-E beat remade, sounds clean. This is like a posse cut, and I think it was the perfect way to end the CD. Pistol Cee, Lil' Duce, Sleepy 22B, Redrum. Junebug, and Sleepy Santino. Perfect.

THIS ALBUM DOES STAND OUT FROM A LOT OF RELEASES. ITS SOMTHING I COULD PLAY THRU AND ENJOY THE WHOLE WAY THRU. YOU DONT EVEN GOTTA GANG BANG TO LIKE THIS MUSIC. I DONT BANG AND IM A FAN OF HOMEBOY RAP. DEEP SLEEP HAS BEEN PUTTING OUT QUALITY MATERIAL. NEXT RELEASE IM PICKING UP WITH OUT A DOUBT.

REST IN PARADISE LIL' DUCE. THE WORLD LOST ANOTHER GREAT VOICE. BUT MUCH MORE THAN THAT, ILL KEEP YOUR FAMLIY AND LOVED ONES IN MY PRAYERS, THEY'VE LOST A FRIEND, A BROTHER, A SON, A FATHER. YOU WILL BE MISSED HOMIE.

IF YOU HAVENT PICKED THIS ALBUM UP YET, YOU NEED TOO!!

OH YEA CAMPBELL'S RASPUTIN'S IS OUT OF CD'S. AGAIN. THEY SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES. GET YA'LL COPIES. PEACE.