My Review of Young Ridah - One Love One Life

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What is Your Rating of This Album?

• 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 4/5

• 5/5

• Total voters
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Young Ridah - One Love One Life

1) "Ride With Me"
Produced by: Big Hollis
A coo song to start the album with. A decent beat laid down by Big Hollis. Ridah comes solid on the mic with a solid flow. Typical roll around the hood in the ride type of song. An alright song, the beat could have been better, but it's a coo start to the album.

2) "Why" ft. E-40, Levitti
Produced by: HK
A slow paced beat done by HK for this track. This is one of those slow heart felt songs about struggle. It's not really my type of song, but all three artists do a good job on the mic. The song best fits Levitti's R&B style. A decent track overall.

3) "Clown & Ball"
Some typical sounding Big Hollis production on this track, the same type of background instruments I've heard from him over and over again. The actual bass line sounds good though. Young Ridah puts it down on the mic with some clean sounding raps. Some gangsta lyrics, but the beat lets him down. With better production this could have been a tight song, but it's only decent with the current production.

4) "Give a Fuck" ft. Spice 1, Male of Turf Hoggs
Produced by: 2Blo
This is a recycled track from Young Ridah's "What's Next?" album. I wasn't really feeling it all that much on that album and I'm not really feeling it here either. Once again the lyrics aren't all that bad, but the production is a bit of a let down. Another decent track.

5) "What U Done to Me"
A solid beat by Hollis for this track. Ridah flows with a medium paced spit. He talks about getting it on with a girl. The thing I don't like about this track is the background voice. They went with the squeaky Alvin and Chimpmunks sound. The song is tight minus the background voices.

6) "Never Left My Side"
Ridah writes a rap to his mother on this track. He talks about some memories he has of her and how she never left his side and always cared for him. A solid song overall, a nice tribute song to Ridah's mother.

7) "Tre Pound" ft. Gangsta Dre
Produced by: Tone
This is my favorite song on the album. The beat by Tone is tight and gets your head moving, it's a nice change from the Hollis beats. Gangsta Dre and Young Ridah put it down on the mic for this track. Gangsta Dre doesn't have a verse, but spits some tight vocals on the chorus. A tight track right here, I'm feeling it.

8) "Pistols and Power" ft. C-Bo
Produced by: H-Wood
A coo beat laid down by H-Wood for this track. The verses by Ridah and C-Bo are pretty good and fit with the beat well. I'm not feeling the hook though, they should have went with a harder sound, less singing. It's still a solid song, I just think they could have come up with a better chorus.

9) "Evil"
Ridah comes with a hard ass fast paced flow on this track. Hollis lays down a good beat to go along with it too, although it's the same sounding background instruments as I've always heard from his production. Ridah does rip this track up. I'm feeling this one overall, a tight, hard flow from Ridah.

10) "One Love One Life"
The title track has a solid feel to it. Ridah spits a couple solid verses with a good chorus. The production, once again has that same old Hollis feel to it, nothing really original on the production. A solid song, nothing all that original, but it's coo.

11) "Hands Up" ft. Big Hollis
A much better beat by Big Hollis on this track. Some club type lyrics by Ridah on this one. Big Hollis gets a try on the mic and he spits a coo short verse. Just a club hopper. A solid song overall.

12) "Blow" ft. B-Legit, Harm
This is another recycled song from the "What's Next?" album. It's got a medium pace to it that fits B-Legit's style perfectly. A good beat by H-Wood that gets your head moving. A coo smoking song to throw onto the album. It may be an old song, but it's a good one.

13) "Party on Wheels" ft. Ballin' A$$ Dame, Droop of Turf Hoggs
Droop from the Turf Hoggs starts this track off with a solid verse. H-Wood brings the heat on the production with another solid beat that bangs. Young Ridah has the second verse and spits it well. He also handles the chorus with a tight flow. Ballin' A$$ Dame finishes off the song with the third verse. I'm probably feeling his verse the least of the three, but he comes solid too. A tight jam right here, I'm feeling this one a lot.

14) "Pray" ft. Agerman
A coo beat by Big Hollis for this track. I like the background vocals on the chorus. Ridah and Agerman talk about using prayer to help guide them through their lives. Ridah gives out some shout out to friends and family who aren't with him anymore. A solid song overall.

15) "Bro I Know" (Turf Hoggs Bonus Track)
Ridah starts off this bonus track with a decent verse. Male spits a decent second verse. Droop finishes off the song with the best verse of the three. A decent song for a throw in.

Overall this was a decent release from Young Ridah. I think it's as good as "Look Who's Flossin," but I think it was definately better than "Who's Next?" There were a couple of recycled songs on here from that album. The production was the major downfall for this album. All of the tracks that I wasn't feeling had poor production. I think Big Hollis is a good producer, but he needs to be limited to only a few tracks an album because his beats don't sound all that original from song to song. The features were pretty good, I was feeling a majority of them. Young Ridah himself put it down on the mic on nearly every song. I just think he needs to hook up with a few different producers to make his style stand out more. There were a few really good songs on this album, but there were a fair share of decent to weak songs as well. A pretty much down the middle split on this album. If you liked Ridah's other albums you may want to snatch this one up, otherwise you not missing too much.

Overall Rating = 3/5