My Review of Money Tree Records - Jack-In Season Mixtape

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Money Tree Records Presents - Jack-In Season Mixtape Vol. 1

1) "Hear Me" Komatoze
A solid flow from Komatoze to start this mixtape off with. I like his style on the mic. A solid bea to go along with it too, a pretty good song to start the album with.

2) "Rock the Party" Tef-Kaluminoti, Automatic, Don-O, Komatoze
Tef-Kaluminoti and Automatic have my favorite verses on this song. Don-O and Komatoze have solid verses too, but I'm feeling the other two verses more. A solid song overall though, I'm feeling it.

3) "22's (exclusive)" Tef-Kaluminoti, Automatic, Don-O
This is an exclusive song produced by Automatic. I'm feeling the beat a lot and the flows go right along with it pefectly. I like Tef-Kaluminoti's verse the most to start the song with. I'm not feeling the hook that much though. The other two verses are solid too. I'm feeling this song a lot.

4) "Juicy" Automatic
Automatic comes alright on this song, not his best mic work on the album. Kind of hard to live up to the original, but a good sample to use. A decent song overall, I'm feeling other songs from Automatic more than this one.

5) "It's in the Game" Komatoze, Rey Crum
I'm feeling Rey Crum on this song more than Komatoze. I'm not feeling his style on the mic for this song as much as that first song on the album. I like Rey Crum's verse though, it was tight.

6) "Smoke a Oz." Komatoze, Tef-Kaluminoti, Don-O, Young D, Automatic
I like Komatoze on this song more than the previous one. All the verses are tight on this song. Probably one of my favorite songs on the albums, the flows are on point and the sampled beat is perfect.

7) "Turn it Up" Don-O, Tef-Kaluminoti, Automatic, Komatoze
The verses on this song are tight. The sampled beat is perfect for the four rappers to showcase their lyrical talent. A tight song from the Money Tree Records lineup, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

8) "So What Ya Know" Sean T
I've always liked Sean T more on the production end of albums then on the mic end, but the more I hear of him the more I like his mic style. This is a solid song, not his best mic work, but a solid song to throw onto the album.

9) "No Hook" Automatic
I think Automatic's style is perfect for this song, he sounds like the beat was meant for his voice. Just a one verse song, but perfect for Automatic.

10) "Keep Hatin (exclusive)" Don-O, Komatoze, Tef-Kaluminoti
Don-O produced this exclusive song as Tef-Kaluminoti comes tight on the mic. I think he has the best mic style of all the Money Tree rappers, but Don-O also has a tight verse on this song. I'm not feeling Komatoze as much as the other two though.

11) "The Truth" Automatic
A very short song right here. Automatic spits a quick verse and this one is over. A coo little verse from Automatic, I like his style on the mic and the lyrics.

12) "Gangsta (exclusive)" Tef-Kaluminoti
King James III does the production for this exclusive song. Tef-Kaluminoti comes hard on the mic, like I said before I think he's the best on the Money Tree lineup. A tight short song from Tef-Kaluminoti and production from King James III.

13) "Hotel California" Automatic, Komatoze
A speeded up version of Hotel California from the Eagles for this song. Automatic has the better verse here, although Komatoze comes with a coo verse too. A little weird with the sample they used, but whatever. A decent song overall.

14) "10 Rap Commandments" Prophet
Prophet raps just like his name on this song, talking about the past and what needs to change in the game. I like his style on the mic and his lyrics are original as he puts it down for the game. A solid song overall, a tight song.

15) "Warrior" Don-O, Komatoze, Automatic, Tef-Kaluminoti
Don-O, Automatic and Tef-Kaluminoti come tight on this song, I'm not feeling Komatoze's style as much as the other three, still he has an alright verse. A solid song overall, I'm not a big fan of the sampled beat though.

16) "Mary Jane" Komatoze, Automatic
Once again I'm not feeling Komatoze as much as Automatic. They talk about getting high on that Mary Jane. A solid song with a tight sample. Both rappers come tight, but I'm feeling Automatic more.

17) "Stay Weeded" Komatoze, Automatic
Another smoke something song right here. I'm feeling Komatoze more on this song than on the previous one. Automatic comes tight again. A decent song overall.

18) "So Afficial" Don-O, Tef-Kaluminoti, P-Nut
These three come tight on this song. Don-O, Tef-Kaluminoti and P-Nut come solid on the mic. I'm not feeling P-Nut as much as the other two though. A good song overall.

19) "Champions" Automatic, Komatoze
A sample of We Are the Champions for this song. The music isn't that bad once the beat kicks in. Automatic has the better verse of the two. A solid song overall, talking about being the champs.

20) "Crazy" Komatoze, Automatic
I think this beat fits Komatoze's style a little better than the other songs on the album. Automatic comes solid too. They talk about crazy girls who still try to get with them. A good song overall, I'm feeling it.

21) "Money Tree Grows" Mr. Chu
Mr. Chu comes alright on the mic, I'm not really feeling him all that much compared to the other Money Tree rappers. A decent song overall.

22) "Dapa Don (exclusive)" Tef-Kaluminoti
King James III does the beat to this exclusive song. Tef-Kaluminoti does some of the best mic work on the album right here. I'm feeling his style that fits perfectly with the beat. He comes hard on the mic, I'm feeling this song to the fullest. The verses are good, the chorus is solid and the beat by King James III is on point.

23) "Bonus Tracks" Automatic
Track 23 to 27 are all samples from Automatic's upcoming album titled Paving the Way. If these songs are any indication of the album to come out I will be looking forward to it, He has a good mic style and the beats seem pretty good.

Overall this was a solid mixtape from Money Tree Records. There weren't really any features to it besides about three or four guest rappers. I liked the exclusive songs a lot, the production on all four of the songs was good. I like Tef-Kaluminoti the most of the four main rappers, Automatic second, Don-O third and Komatoze lastly. A good mix of songs sampled and a nice sample of what Money Tree has to offer. A pretty good mixtape overall.

Overall Rating = 4/5