My Review of MC Eiht - Veterans Day

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
MC Eiht - Veterans Day

1) "Vetz Day Intro"
Produced by: MC Eiht & Big Chill
MC Eiht does some talking on this song as some drums play in the background. Eiht gives out some shout out to fallen soldiers and then it leads into the next track.

2) "Streets Don't Love U"
A solid beat for this song, a good opening song right here. MC Eiht rips up the mic talking about how the streets don't have love. He comes with some gangsta rhymes and reps Compton. I'm not feeling the background vocals on the hook all that much though, but besides that I'm feeling this song to the fullest.

3) "It's Alright"
More solid production right here. He says that anyway you can get cashed out is alright, just as long as you do it to the fullest. It's a coo song overall, I like the beat a lot and Eiht brings the raps tight.

4) "Pink is for Honeys"
This is just a short interlude with somebody talking about all the guys who wear pink are gay.

5) "U Know Why" ft. Chill
I'm not feeling the production on this song, they added the chimpmunk stuff in the background and I'm not feeling it. Eiht does come hard on the mic though. Chill is only on the hook. A solid song except for the chimpmunk background vocals.

6) "Gangsta Smash"
A tight cut right here. The beat is clean and gets your head moving as Eiht brings the heat on the mic. He talks about some strait gangsta shit right here. More tight vocals from Eiht, this is one of my favorite songs on the album, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

7) "Wrong Attire"
Another short skit. A security guard for a club turns away two guys because they have the wrong clothes on and then some shots ring out.

8) "Living Like G'staz"
A slower paced beat for this song. I like the background vocals a lot, I don't know who she is, but she has a good voice. Eiht once again comes with some gangsta lyrics on the mic talking about living like a gangsta. A coo song overall, I'm feeling it.

9) "Some of These Thugs"
Produced by: Prodeje of South Central Cartel
The only song not produced by MC Eiht or Big Chill. Prodeje lays down a solid beat here that fits the track well. I'm not feeling the hook as much as the verses though. Not my favorite song on the album, but it's alright.

10) "We Heated"
Another short skit. Some shooting in a club.

11) "Somebody" ft. Chill
More gangsta lyrics from Eiht on this song. Chill has the second verse and spits some heat with his flow. Both rappers rip up the mic with some hard gangsta styles. A good song overall, I'm feeling it.

12) "We Made it '04" ft. Chill
A coo beat to get it started. MC Eiht talks about how they made it out of the hood. Chill is back with another solid verse. I'm feeling both of them on the mic, more good music right here, I'm feeling this song.

14) "Bac in Town"
A fast paced beat right here that I'm diggin. Eiht comes heated on the mic with his fast paced flow to go along with the beat. Another good song, I'm feeling it overall.

15) "Wavin' the Pistol"
I wasn't feeling this song that much at first, but the more I hear it it gets better. MC Eiht comes coo on the verses, I'm not really feeling him on the hook too much though. A decent track compared to the rest of the album.

16) "Get Yo Grind On" (Garage Mix)
This is my favorite song on the album. The beat is tight and I like how all the music was put together to make some clean sounding production. MC Eiht comes hard on the mic, although his voice has some bad quality to it I guess to make it seam like it's come from a garage recording studio. In any case I'm feeling this song to the fullest, a tight song overall.

17) "Nobody Beat Us"
Not feeling this song all that much. I'm not really into the beat that much. Eiht comes coo on the mic again, but compared to the rest of the album I'm not diggin it.

Overall this was a tight release from Eiht. If you like gangsta albums then this one is for you. MC Eiht comes tight on nearly every song, talking about either being or living like a gangsta. The production handled by MC Eiht and Big Chill was tight from start to finish with only two songs that I wasn't feeling the production. Chill made for the only feature on the album, but came tight on three songs, I think Eiht should have added a feature or two more. He handles his own on the mic though, making this almost an entirely solo album. A true gangsta release from MC Eiht, I'm feeling it, definately one that you need to swoop up.

Overall Rating = 5/5