My Review of Grant Theft - Automatic

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
To listen to a sample from this album go to www.2siccreviews.com and check out the audio page.

Grant Theft - Automatic

1) "Intro"
Produced by: Hartman & Dank
A little skit. Grant Theft breaks into a car and goes through the person's CD collection.

2) "Gotta Rep the West"
A tight beat done by Hartman and Dank to get things started. Grant Theft comes on the mic with a coo style. His voice is alright, his flows are solid and his ryhmes are good. He talks about always reppin the West Coast. A solid song to start the album with, I'm feeling it.

3) "Keep it Up"
Produced by: Ecay Uno
A tight ass beat done by Ecay Uno. I like the background vocals by Eboni Baker on the chorus a lot. It's one of those chill in the ride and roll down the block type of songs. Grant Theft talks about cars, girls, clubs, chilling back and a little bit of whatever. A solid song overall, I'm feeling it.

4) "Just Want Something"
Produced by: Andrew Lee
I'm not feeling this beat nearly as much as the previous two. It's alright though, it has more of an R&B feel to it, I think that's why I don't like it as much. He talks about a girl who justs wants money from him. Kani Walker and Dominic do the background vocals on the hook nicely. More of an R&B song. It's a solid song, just not my taste.

5) "Take it Off"
Produced by: Harman & Dank
A tight ass beat by Hartman and Dank for this track, it has a fast pace to it that gets your head moving. Grant Theft comes coo on the mic, spitting some faster paced flows. He talks about wanting a girl to take it off and get down. A coo song, the beat is my favorite part of the song though, although the flows are ok. Another good song, I'm feeling it.

6) "I'm a Star" ft. Trimaine Davis aka Train
Another good beat done by Hartman and Dank for this song. Trimaine starts it off with a good, short first verse. Grant and Trimaine trade off verses for the rest of the song. Both come with a solid style on the mic, Trimaine sounding a little harder. Another good song, both talking about getting girls easy because they're stars.

7) "Ride Tonight"
A slower paced song right here, more of that R&B feel to it. I don't like the background vocals by Erin Villa and Akiba McKenney on the chorus. The rest of the song is coo. Grant just talks about hooking up with a girl and hitting the town. More of that R&B sound to it, besides that background vocals it's a solid song.

8) "Take it There"
A tight beat by Ecay Uno for this track. More reppin the West on this song. Grant talks about living it up everyday in San Diego and the rest of the West Coast. I like the background vocals by Eboni Baker on the hook. More of that laid back and roll down the block feel right here. I'm diggin this one, a coo song to chill back to.

9) "To the Fullest"
An ok beat by Ecay Uno for this song, I'm probably feeling this beat by him the least of all the ones he has on this album. Grant Theft comes clean on the mic. This time he talks about no matter what he does it's to the fullest. A solid song overall, not feeling the beat as much, but it's coo. Another solid song.

10) "I Deserve It"
A hard beat by Hartman and Dank for this track, I like the pace the song as it the bass gets your head moving. I don't like the background vocals by Hartman on the hook, but besides that this track is tight. Grant spits some coo rhymes on the micraphone. Wish there was a different hook, but besides that it's a good song.

11) "Interlude"
A skit where Grant is doing a news conference.

12) "Everywhere I Go"
Ecay Uno is back for another solid beat. Grant talks about how everywhere he goes someone is always trying to talk down on his flows. He comes tight on the mic spitting some good rhymes with a solid style. I'm feeling this song to the fullest.

13) "BATKAVE" ft. Sonny Bo, Young Pup, s5
A good beat by Hartman and Dank to get things started. Sunny Bo spits the first verse and comes hard on the mic. Grant Theft spits the second verse with some solid rhymes. s5 goes on verse three and comes with the best verse of the four. I'm not feeling Young Pup on the fourth verse very much though. They all collab to do the chorus. A solid song overall, I'm feeling it.

14) "To the Sky"
A slower paced beat by Ecay Uno for this track. Grant talks about reaching for the sky and being yourself no matter what others say or do. It's a coo song to finish the album with, I'm feeling it.

Overall this was a solid album from Grant Theft. He pretty much stayed with the same type of style on all the songs on the album, but he had some good production and couple of good features to go along with his solid mic presence. His flows were consistently good throughout the album. The production was very good. Hartman, Dank and Ecay Uno hooked Grant up with some tight beats. There were only a few features, but I was feeling all of them except for Young Pup. Grant himself came good on the mic. A solid song from start to finish, only maybe two songs that I really wasn't feeling much. One of those albums you play as you're rolling down the block or chilling on a Sunday.

Overall Rating = 4/5

May 10, 2002
What's up MaddDogg.. yeah, I'm still doin the rap thing grindin out here in LA (just graduated). I'm getting some good club play out here, and some radio play in Central Cali.. especially for an independent. You gotta peep the whole "Automatic" album homey.. check it out at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/granttheft or you can cop one at Fam Mart, or Music Trader by SDSU. Glad you liked what you heard..

Good lookin' out Blutarski!! Let 'em know they can't sleep on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!