My Review of Frontline - Bootleg 2.1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Frontline - Bootleg 2.1

1) "On the Frontline"
A tight ass beat to get this album started. The album is a combonation of a mixtape and a collection of songs Frontline has done. This album is basically the same as the other Bootleg that Frontline has released with the exception of 3 added in songs. This song gets the album started off right though as both Left and Locksmith bring the heat to the mic. They talk about themsevles in a little introduction. A tight start to the album, one of my favorite songs on the album.

2) "Work Out"
This is the same song from the Watch Out Now mixtape. A tight flow from Left and Locksmith. Both rappers bring the heat to a good beat. A good song overall, I'm feeling it.

3) "Stop"
A short song right here, but both Left and Locksmith get their work in. I'm not feeling the beat all that much, but the flows fit well. A short song with one verse each. A decent song overall, not my favorite song on the album.

4) "What is It?" ft. E-A-Ski
The best song on the album. This is the song that has been receiving constant radio play. Locksmith starts it off with a tight ass verse. Left follows with a tight verse of his own and then E-A-Ski finishes off the song with a good verse too. The beat is tight as fuck and gets your head moving. The hook is good too, I'm feeling this song to the fullest, keep this one on constant replay. Tight ass song overall.

5) "Can't Stop"
I'm not feeling the beat to this song that much. Locksmith and Left bring that MC battle type of flow to the mic. I'm feeling Left more on this song than Locksmith. I don't really like the hook too much. Not a big fan of this song, decent overall.

6) "Califoolya"
This is another song taken from the Watch Out Now mixtape. The beat is solid and gets your head moving. Both Left and Locksmith rep Richmond, the Bay and California on this song. A tight song overall, I'm feeling it a lot.

7) "Back Down"
A sample from the 50 Cent album right here. Left and Locksmith put it down on the mic talking about how they will not back down from a fight. I'm feeling Locksmith a little more on this one. A solid beat to sample with some good lyrics, I'm feeling this song.

8) "I Live Here" ft. Lil Ric
This is my second favorite song on the album. The beat is tight as fuck as all three rappers put it down for Richmond on this song. Lil Ric starts it off with a solid verse, then Left puts down his vocals and Locksmith finishes it off nicely. The hook is good too. Just an overall tight song to bump, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

9) "We Gotcha"
A sample from Dr. Dre's 2001. Left starts this one off with a lengthy tight verse. I'm feeling his verse more than Locksmith's for this song. The hook is ok, but I like the verses better. A solid song overall, I'm feeling it.

10) "Liar"
They talk about all the fake gangstas around talking the talk, but just lying. I like Locksmith more on this song, but Left brings the heat too. A solid beat, not the best, but solid. A good song overall, more good mic work from Left and Locksmith.

11) "Excuse Me"
A tight beat right here. Left and Locksmith bring the heat on the mic. A short song, but both Left and Locksmith put it down for Richmond. Another good song.

12) "That's Right"
Another tight ass song right here. The beat is tight and gets your head moving. Locksmith starts it off on the mic with a tight verse. Left spits a tight verse too. The hook is tight too. Just another example of clean music, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

13) "Still Livin'"
A slower type of song right here. A solid beat for a slower pace. Locksmith starts it off and then Left has the second verse. They talk about how the streets can change people and how you have to keep going and live your life. A solid sentimental type of song, I like the change of pace it has.

14) "Property"
Back to another fast paced song to finish off the album. This is another tight beat and more clean flows from Locksmith and Left. They talk about how they want to just live their life properly and get a little property. A tight song to finish the album with, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

Overall this was a tight release from Frontline. Left and Locksmith brought the heat on the mic with solid verses on every song. There were a few new songs from the previous Bootleg release that were well worth the price of the CD. Only two features, but both are tight. The production on some of the new songs is solid and even the beats that were sampled are tight. Left and Locksmith really spit some solid raps, both bringing that MC battle type of rap mixed in with a little gangsta. This is just a little taste of what their "real" album is going to have when it drops soon. If this album is any indication of what is to come then I can't wait to hear it. A tight release from Frontline. A great release from part of the New Bay. Pick this one up, you won't be dissapointed.

Overall Rating = 4/5

Listen to the album @ www.2siccaudio.com