My Review of Bosko Presents - Next Files Mixtape Vol. X

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Bosko Presents - Next Files Mixtape Vol. X

1) "Intro"
Some talking and a tight beat plays in the background done by Bosko that leads into the second track.

2) "What You Got" Bosko ft. Phats Bossi
A coo beat done by Bosko to get things started for this track. Phats Bossi comes hard on the last verse with his hard rap/hip-hop mic style as Bosko lays down the vocals on the chorus. A coo song to get the album started with, I'm feeling it.

3) "Rude Boyz" Goon Sqwad ft. BG of the Hot Boyz
This is the same song that is remixed on the new Collabos release from Cool Nutz. I'm feeling the remixed beat by Bosko more than this one done by Underrated. It's still a coo song, but the entire feel of the song is different because of the beat. I like the remix version better.

4) "That's Who We Be" Phats Bossi ft. DMX, Drag-On
The beat by Bosko is tight as fuck for this song. Phats Bossi starts it off with a hard verse, I like his hard-nosed style on the mic. DMX makes for a good feature to this song and I like the hook. A tight song overall.

5) "Run Fa Shelta" Cryciz
Cryciz lays down an ok beat for this song to get things started. I like him on the mic, not an outstanding flow, but a solid mic presense with some solid lyrics. A coo song overall, not my favorite song, but a solid track to bump.

6) "Smokin' 'N Rollin'" Max Julian
They jacked a Dr. Dre beat for this song, not one of his better beats by his standards. Max Julian comes alright on the mic, he has a decent mic style. An alright song overall, I'm not into it much though.

7) "Pimp Shit" Phats Bossi ft. Bosko, Max Julian
Frank Nitty is on the production notes for this song and lays down a good beat. Phats Bossi gets the song started off right with a tight verse. I like Bosko's verse the most on this one, he has a good mixture of hip-hop and R&B sound to his voice. Max Julian has a good verse to finish the song with, I like it better than the previous song. A tight song overall, I'm feeling it.

8) "Til the Dawn" E-40 ft. Suga Free, Bosko
A solid song right here. I'm not feeling E-40 as much as Suga Free or Bosko's background talk box, but all three come tight. The beat by Bosko slaps in the background in it's slow pace. A good song overall, I'm feeling it.

9) "Dime Piece" Cryciz ft. Bosko
Vitamin D does the production for this song and lays down a coo slow paced beat. Cryciz comes coo on the mic talking about getting with a dime piece. Bosko has a good verse too,m but I'm feeling Cryciz more. A solid song overall.

10) "Livin These Raps" Cool Nutz
Underrated does a coo beat for this song. Cool Nutz comes solid on the mic with his perfect hip-hop style. He just talks about living the life he raps. A good song overall, soon to come out on the not yet released E-40 presents Cool Nutz album.

11) "Ghetto" Lil Nut ft. Bubba Sparxxx, Bosko
A slow soft beat by Bosko for this song. Lil Nut comes with the first verse spittin some coo lyrics. Bubba Sparxxx comes with a good verse, his style fits this beat well. Bosko does the hook with some R&B background vocals. A good slow song right here, talking about the ghetto life.

12) "Like Ahh" Phats Bossi ft. Max Julian
A clean sounding beat by Bosko for this song. Phats Bossi and Max Julian fill the verses with heat to go right along with the tight beat. It has a bit a slower pace to it, but it's the perfect type of song to cruise the block to. A tight song overall, I'm feeling it.

13) "Drivin 'em Crazy" Phats Bossi ft. Jaz-Mina, Bosko
More solid production from Bosko on this song here. Phats Bossi brings the heat again opening this song off with a tight verse. Bosko comes tight with the second verse. I'm not feeling Jaz-Mina's style on her voice though. Another solid song that knoccs, I'm feeling this one too.

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
14) "Break Bread" DBA
Bosko laces this track up with more knoccin production. Doing Business As... comes tight on this one. Cool Nutz has my favorite verse, but both Poppa LQ and Bosko come tight too though. A solid song overall.

15) "Vindictive" Cryciz
A slower paced song right here, I'm not feeling the production for this song as much as the rest of the album. Cryciz comes coo talking about a vindictive woman who stole his little girl away from him. A slow song, it's alright, but I'm not into it much.

16) "Holla Back" Phats Bossi
Phats Bossi comes with his hard style on this song, but I'm not a big fan of the beat by Bosko, I don't think it goes well with Phats hard mic style. Still though, this is a good song with solid mic work and a good beat, I just don't think they go well with each other.

17) "Peel Out (Ay Yo!!!)" Bosko
The only solo song from Bosko. Of course he does the production and lays down a solid beat. He spits those R&B type vocals on the mic. He talks about hooking up with a girl and heading somewhere to get it on. It displays Bosko's versitility because at the end of the song he rips a verse out without the singing. A versital song from Bosko, I'm feeling it.

18) "No Regrets" Truth Hurts
I like this beat by Bosko a lot. Truth Hurts comes solid with her R&B vocals on the mic. She has a good verse and spits some good verses with a solid chorus. A good song overall, I'm feeling it overall.

19) "Time Ta Get Mine" Cool Nutz ft. Ras Kass
Damn, this track is tight as hell. Cool Nutz and Ras Kass bring the heat on the mic as Bosko supplies the knoccin beat to get your head moving. A tight ass song overall, I'm feeling this one to the fullest.

20) "50 Bars" Max Julian
Max Julian does his own production on this song. The beat is tight as fuck and slaps. Max Julian on the mic isn't as impressive, but spits a decent flow. A decent song overall, I like the beat a lot though.

21) "Hot Tubs" Maniac Lok
Maniac Lok spits some tight flows on this song. Underrated brings the heat with a tight ass beat that gets your head moving. This is one of my favorite songs on the album, it gets your head moving as Maniac Lok brings the heat. A tight song overall.

22) "Take a Look" Cryciz
I'm not feeling this song at all. I don't really like the beat by Bosko and I'm not feeling Cryciz on the mic. Just not really into this song.

23) "Walk Ta Dis" DBA
Bosko displays another aspect of his music genious with the talk box. First he lays down a tight beat as Cool Nutz and Poppa LQ spit some game then Bosko does the hook nicely with the talk box. A tight ass song overall, yet more versatility added to Bosko's game.

24) "The Bomb (Set it Off)" Phats Bossi ft. Bosko
A fast paced beat by Bosko to get your head moving. Phats Bossi rips the mic with a tight ass flow. Bosko spits a little something on the hook. A tight ass song overall, probably my favorite song on the album.

25) "4 Tonight" Cool Nutz ft. E-40, Maniac Lok, Bosko, April Cason
Cool Nutz spits the first verse to get things started. Bosko does the beat and the talk box on the hook. April Cason also does some background vocals on the hook with her R&B style. E-40 has the second verse and spits a good one. Maniac Lok is good for a verse too. A tight ass song overall, lots of talents all coming together to make this track work.

26) "What You Talkin' 'Bout" Brotha Luv
Torry Ward does the beat for this song. Brotha Luv spits a coo verse on this short song. Not my favorite song on the album, but Brotha Luv puts it down as Torry Ward lays down a solid beat.

27) "Love Triangle" Blazed
A short song produced by Jade with some nice piano keys in the background. Just like a little snippit with some singing.

28) "Not Love Me Anymore" Blazed
Saint Nick puts down the beat for Blazed right here. More of that R&B singing here, they have some good voices perfect for that R&B style. I'm not a big fan of R&B music, but I like this song. Just some good music put together for this track.

29) "Break Me Off" Blazed
More of a rapping type of song right here. Los does the production, but I'm not feeling it as much as the rest of the beats on the album. I don't like this song as much as the first two songs from Blazed, I think the second one fit their group style perfectly.

30) "It's Possible" Cryciz
Another message type of track right here from Cryciz. I'm not feeling this song that much. The beat by Bosko is coo and Cryciz does come solid on the mic, but it's not really my type of song. I like the lyrics Cryciz puts down though.

31) "Outro"
Some talking to finish the album with as this track leads into the bonus beats.

32) "Bonus Beat #1"
This first beat knoccs hard, it has a hard slap to it that makes you want to beat something along with the bass hits. Tight background instruments to go along with it, I'm feeling it.

33) "Bonus Beat #2"
This beat is completly different than the first. It has a slower pace to it with a nice guitar sound in it. More of a slow song/R&B type of beat.

34) "Bonus Beat #3"
A medium pace to this bonus beat with a slappin base line. It takes a little time to get developed, but once all the instruments are going it's a tight beat.

35) "Bonus Beat #4"
A perfect hip-hop sound to this beat. It has a sample in the background with that speeded up woman vocals effect to it. Again it's different than the rest of the beats, I'm not feeling it as much though.

36) "Bonus Beat #5"
Once again a different sounding beat right here with the maracas in the background. Bosko proves that he can be original with these 5 different sounding beats.

Overall this mixtape is tight as fuck! Bosko displays that he's one of the best producers around, he can flow on the mic with a rap style, he can sing, he can do the talk box, and damn he can put together some tight ass music. He's original with his music on all levels. The features are very good and Bosko has assembled a collection of songs from various ablums that really showcase his talents. This is one of the better mixtapes I've heard lately, although I can't really classify it as a mixtape because it's more of a collection of songs from various albums Bosko has worked on. In any case this is a tight album with plenty of tracks to bump non-stop. Pick this up and see why Bosko is going to be making a big, big, big name for himself in the near future.

Overall Rating = 5/5