My Full Review of Q Strange - Creation to ExeQtion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com

Origin of Creation - This is the intro and the beginning of this eerie tale. Beat is kinda laid back, but it is a banger. Q Strange is quite the elaborate storyteller. 7/10

Drifter - This track let's you know exactly why Q is horrorcore. The beat is ominous in a way and has a very dark feel to it. “…So the kids started screaming as I took her outside, They watched in horror as their mom got tied, to the back bumper, and watched their mother get beat down by this sick mother fucker…” That’s not even the half of it. Q delivers perfect verses on this one, each verse more violent than the next. 10/10

Bad Day – Talk about some fucking road rage. “…Now my heart is startin’ to race, adrenaline is flowing, he treat me like shit, divin’ away, where the fuck does he thinks hes goin’…” Q takes road rage to a different level on this one. The beat goes perfectly with the concept of the song. Q spits some hella sick shit on this one. 9/10

Illusion – Q’s rampage is beginning to fall apart slightly by now. The voice effects on parts of his verses are dope as fuck. “…Hi, I’m just a regular guy, that’s the illusion I made from the outside, inside, I got a sick mind, when the mask goes on just prepare to die...” The hook is very catchy and ill. Beat is a quite banger. This is one of my favorite tracks on this album. 9/10

Torcha Chamba – I wasn’t really feeling this one. It’s an ok track, but to me it doesn’t really stand out. The beat was aight. The lyrics felt kinda average to me. Q’s tone sounded kinda plain to me through this whole song. I just don’t like the concept of the whole torture chamber idea. Of course, this is my opinion on the song, so I’m sure some of you won’t agree. 5/10

Pissed – I’m diggin’ the beat on this one. Has a hard feel to it. “…Now what you lookin’ at? I’m iller than you and I’ve eaten bigger steaks than you, so get the fuck outta my grill, I’m mentally ill, I wanna muder, muder, muder, and kill, kill, kill…” Q has a nice flow on this one. I was really feelin’ this song. 9/10

Decayed Thoughts – Beat is really odd. Song has an eerie atmosphere to it. Hook was nice, very catchy. Q has some good lines on this one, but overall I wasn’t feeling this one. 7/10

I’m Crazy – This song proves Q has skills and can flow with the best. Beat is fast pace along with Q’s flow. “…I’m crazy, loony, tapped in the brain, not all there, past insane…” Very dope song overall. Q tears it up on this one. 8/10

Run and Hide – Song has an emotionally type feel to it. Q’s downfall is unfolding and there is nothing he can do to elude it. “…No where run, No where to hide, No where to run, No where to hide…” Hook is nice. The feel of the song sums up the emotion of the situation. 9/10

Kill Somebody – This is by far one of the darker beats on the album. “…Just kill your mother, yellin’ cause your room ain’t clean, shut the fuck up, bitch and stab her in the spleen…” also “…Just kill people; old people, young people, black people, white people, don't discriminate, we all equal…” Q spits some very nice lines on this one. He is also very good at staying on subject and not losing sight of the concept of the song. Try to pick up on the small quick hint that is at the end of the track about Q's character. 9/10

Morbid Lullabies – “…Sweet dreams close your eyes, listen to these morbid lullabies, waking up in cold sweats in the middle of the night, nightmares, nightmares got you full of fright…” Q is reflecting upon everything he has done and his final night before his execution. Q has a nice flow and the beat has the right feel for this situation. 8/10

Awaiting ExeQtion – Eerie beat, but perfect for this song. Q thinking more about everything he had been through in his final hour. Q offers quite a twist in this one. I won’t go into it, but it explains the truth behind the killings. This is a very good song to the end this story. 9/10

*BONUS TRACKS*

Sick Shit – Beat seemed plain to me. Lyrics had an average feel to em. Song was kinda average in my opinion. 7/10

Unmasked – This song is hilarious. Shows Q has a good sense of humor. “…You think that I should write about shit that I really do, peep the single I washed my balls today, WOOOO…” He speaks a little bit on his real life. The beat is a banger and the lyrics aren’t bad at all. 8/10

Eternal Bliss – This is hands down my favorite song on this album. The song is a masterpiece from beginning to end. “…Happiness is all I want, but I am trapped by misery, and no one understands or even cares if I just live or die, there is only one way out and I am not afraid take it, it’s the only way I see, it’s Suicide…” The beat is amazing and perfectly compliments the lyrics. Q is on some real life deep emotional shit on this one. The hook is truly perfectly delivered in the most amazing way possible. I gotta give props to Q on this song because it is truly a classic. 10/10

Heroin – Q presents a whole new view on the subject of this deadly drug. “…My name is Heroin, I’m better than your medicine, I take your life and soul if you let me in, there ain’t a problem I that can’t fix, there ain’t a pain that you have I can’t help you deal with…” Q is a genius and is on a whole different level on this one. Beat is very nice, lyrics are nice, and the hook is dope and catchy all at the same time. 9/10

Overall Average: 8.5

Peep the sampler in the Q Strange Audio Section. For info on where to buy the album check the news section of The Official Q Strange Website or go to The MIR Store to purchase the album. The album is worth a look. Take my word for it.