Mdash " Po Broke and Hungry"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2003
REVIEW: M-Dash - Po, Broke & Hungry

BY: The Schizo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.westsiderap.com/albumrev...keandhungry.htm

One of the most anticipated albums from the Bay Area this year has been M-Dash's solo debut "Po, Broke & Hungry." Not only does the album contain twenty-two tracks featuring San Quinn, The Game, Cellski, Sean T, JT The Bigga Figga, Mac & AK, A-Wax and more, it also comes with a ninety minute dvd.

I've been feeling M-Dash's flow for awhile now. He's got a real laid back and calm style, even when he comes aggressive on the mic, you still get a laid back vibe from him. And to me, that's what makes his music so good.

"Seperate The Real," "Can't Let Go" and "Smoke On" are three of my many favourite tracks on here. They got a very laid back vibe to them, perfect for just chillin out and smoking a joint to. Dash spits tight as usual and Jacka dropped one of the tightest verses I've ever heard him drop on "Smoke On." That's a collabo I'd like to hear more from on future projects.

Their's a lot of features on this album. On tracks like "Ridin' & Smokin'" featuring Cellski, "Riskin It All" featuring The Game, JT The Bigga Figga, Mista Cane & Tilt, "We Run This" featuring The Game, Sean T & !Prohoezak, "The Bay Never Left" featuring Mac & AK and more, M-Dash definately held his own with some of the biggest names on the West Coast.

Tatem 1 and Mo Love did the majority of the production on this album. Together, they handled nineteen of the twenty-two beats. They've done production work for M-Dash in the past as well so they are both very familiar with his style. That proves obvious during this album as the beats are hott. Tatem 1 and Mo Love both dropped gems on this album all the way through. Other producers dropping heat on here are Mac Pacino, Mr. Maja and Indescent.

Overall, this is one of the hottest albums to come out of the West Coast so far this year. M-Dash comes sicc, as do most of the guest features on here. The production is on-point as well. I'd really like to hear M-Dash do more tracks with The Jacka and A-Wax. Wax and Jacka both dropped some of the tightest verses I've ever heard from them and they complimented M-Dash's flow nicely. Even with artists like San Quinn, Cellski, The Game, Sean T and more, M-Dash stood tall and held his own throughout. This album is definately tight and should be in everyone's collection.

9/10

Later!!

Aug 16, 2002
I FINALLY GOT A CHANCE TO CHECC THIS ALBUM OUT THIS WEEKEND AND I MUST SAY I WAS IMPRESSED WIT DASH'S VERSATILITY! HE DID HOLD HIS OWN WIT HUGE NAMES LIKE (THE GAME, JT, SEAN T, A-WAX, QUINN & CELLSKI) SO KEEP IT UP DASH!! THE ONLY DOWNSIDE TO THIS ALBUM IS I THINK DASH SHOULD HAVE EXPANDED WIT DIFFERENT PRODUCERS BUT THATS JUS MY OPNION! MAKE THOSE MOVES FOLKZ AND I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THAT CUT WIT JACKA & HUS WHO PRODUCED IT????

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
You guys can read my track by track review here in the judgement day forum. Overall I thought it was a solid release, but I didn't like the production by Mo Love. The songs Tatem1 did were clean, but Mo Love didn't come off that tight to me. I also thought there needed to be more solo songs, only 3 on a 22 track album is not enough. I gave it a 3/5 overall mostly because half the CD should have been shortened into about 15 tracks or so. But damn the tracks I did like were tight, I recommend picking it up but you might do a fair share of skipping.

Late!

Feb 14, 2003
this cat said a fair share of skipping...aint that a bitch...well I'mma let everybody else be the judge of that bullshit....I am waitin on more reviews too....