MAINO - IF TOMORROW COMES 8.5 out of 10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Maino is no joke. This record is everything I hoped it would be and more. You probably all heard the song, “Hi Hater,” by now, but to me that's about my least favorite track on the whole record. Maino has quite a rep on the streets, so before I copped the record, I thought this was gonna be the most grimy record of all time. But it isn't; not even close. Don’t get me wrong- this is an amazing record, and Maino is real nice on the mic, but this whole album has a real commercial feel to it. Most of the beats remind me of some Southern type joints. There's also lots of harmony throughout the record. It's almost like every song was made for the masses, and I have to admit I really like this record. I never would have guessed that this brotha was from Bed-Stuy Brooklyn, and that's a good thing. This album is already a hood classic. The song, “All Of The Above,” with T-Pain is a certified club banger and is tearing up radio all over the earth. With production by Swizz Beats, Dangerous LLC, and Just Blaze just to name a few, there are slappers on here from front to back. Nothing about this album makes me think of Brooklyn, but I really enjoyed it. I think you will too. This album is fantastic.

Words By DJ PIMP