Lil' Wayne-The Carter

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
MrFedEx503 said:
no record outta cash money records will ever be considered CLASSIC. thats just an unwritten fact

THE INGORANCE YOU ALWAYS SHOW IS COMEDY.......

THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST CD TO COME OUT IN THE LAST 5 YEARS......

Sep 26, 2005
Tha Carter was a solid album. Just what weezy needed to put him on the map.
Now, Tha Carter II is straight FIRE. here's the link... someone review it

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter II - 2005 - RNS

ARTIST: Lil' Wayne
TITLE: Tha Carter II
LABEL: Cash Money/Universal
GENRE: Rap
BITRATE: 200kbps avg
PLAYTIME: 1h 17min total
RELEASE DATE: 2005-12-06
RIP DATE: 2005-11-21

Track List
----------
01. Tha Mobb 5:20
02. Fly In 2:23
03. Money On My Mind 4:31
04. Fireman 4:23
05. Mo Fire 3:23
06. On Tha Block #1 0:38
07. Best Rapper Alive 4:53
08. Lock & Load (Feat. Kurupt) 4:46
09. Oh No 3:11
10. Grown Man (Feat. Currency) 4:06
11. On Tha Block #2 0:26
12. Hit Em Up 4:07
13. Carter II 2:24
14. Hustler Musik 5:03
15. Receipt 3:48
16. Shooter 4:35
17. Weezy Baby (Feat. Nikki) 4:18
18. On Tha Block #3 0:13
19. I'm A Dboy (Feat. Birdman) 4:00
20. Feel Me 3:48
21. Get Over (Feat. Nikki) 4:42
22. Fly Out 2:25

Release Notes:

We bring it back to tha bottom of tha map...

P.S. the password is: actrite you homos

Jun 27, 2005
i never liked him until tha carter came out. he stepped his lyrical shit way up. i wouldnt call the record a classic but its one of the best rap records to come out in the last couple years.

Dec 17, 2005
I still think Lights Out is his best album, but Tha Carter I & II are both heat. I give both around 8.5/10. I wish Wayne would start writing his shit again (if he does flow off the dome now, like he says), 'cause he can't stay on topic for shit. Still ill though....

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I'mma do it track by track:

1. Tha Mobb - fucking anoying kanye West type of track; no need to say more, just skip it

2. Fly In - weak beat, weak flows, skip this one too; these first two tracks sound 2 fuckin eastcoast for me

3. Money on My Mind - finally some southern shit; the beat is tight, Lil Wayne is not a god on the mic so you know his flows are nothing memorable, but the production makes this track good

4. Fireman - nothing special on the beat, way too many sound effects on it; Weezy comes weak as ususal; at least his voice sounds more similar to his younger days; I don't really like how his voice strated to change, this track is better in terms of delivery, but it is not anything special overall

5. Mo Fire - I won't comment this one, it doesn't deserve it; this is not a hip-hop track; weeaaaak

6. On tha Block #1 (Skit)

7. Best Rapper Alive - guitars and hip-hop have nothing in common; get this shit out of here; how could you name a track like that The Best Rapper Alive!!!???

8. Lock and Load ft Kurupt - the bet is weak, the hook is weak too; the flows are nothing special; anotjher lackluster track

9. Oh No - this track is better, the beat is good; Lil Wayne is not coming tight one again, just because his flows have always sucked; listenable track overall though

10. Grown Man - again some eastocast lovy-dovy sounding shit that is weak as fuck; skip it

11. On tha Block #2` - skit

12. Hit Em Up - another filler track; weak beat, weak hooks, weak flows, weak track

13. Carter II - the same as track 13; I can't even say anything negative, just because it is so average (weak) that i have nothing to say about it

14. Hustler music - check the previous track

15. Receipt - why a rapper form N.O is trying to sound like Kanye West??? I can't understand that; stick to your roots, that is what separates you from the rest - the bounce beats, we all know the East sucks; why do you have to sound like an eastcoast rapper???

16. Hella weak; I wouldn't even call this a rap song, I didn't heard any rapping in it, although there may be some shit that is supposed to be called so in it

17. Weezy Baby - another track that I can't say anything positive about

18. On tha Block #3 - skit

19. I'm a Dboy - finally some good track, second by far in this album; this track sounds SOUTH, that is all that matters; although it is not really an outstanding track, when you hear the rest of this album this is like a breath of fresh air;

20. Feel Me - back to the filler cuts

21. - I can't stop asking myself why?? Why is everybody putting these wack ass singing choruses in their tracks?? and why they atrated using these beats??? I feel sorry for rap music when I hear something like this track

22. - Fly out - skip it

Overall: 2 or 3 good tracks out of 20 and 18 that I can't stand at all, this makes for 2.5/10 overall rating