Lil Italy - On Top Of Da World

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
i was thinkin of gettin it, and every site was really laying into the album, bringing it down and shit.. damn i remember that 'what chu gone do when they come for you' cut that was tight, 'fo the love of money' and the one with young flav 'Killafornia'.. i was just lookin it up cause of that ol Funk Mobb shit...

was it really a bad album? i cant remember if there was any better tracks.. should i believe all the hate?

At what point did Master P's No Limit empire seem like a crass corporation cashing in on anything it thought could make money? This debut album from faceless rapper Lil Italy is a good place to start. Even more so than No Limit's usual assembly line recordings, On Top of Da World (despite the predictable cameos from Silkk the Shocker, Snoop Dogg, Mystikal, and P himself) has no personality, not one distinguishing mark to separate it from the rest of the army. Not so surprisingly, it tanked big time.

When these four little scamps get together, they're worse than a sewing circle. Each one on his own is bad enough, but put all of them in one recording studio and suddenly you've got a homoerotic love-fest going on. Much of the resulting album consists of little more than grunting and groaning as they all "get it on" with each other. Then, every once in a while, one of them remembers they're supposed to be making a "rap" album and starts semi-rhyming about glocks and "poppin' a cap in dat nigga's ass", at which point the others giggle knowingly.

it goes on.... any feedback would be appreciated!