Krizz Kaliko-Vitiligo (J'Sin review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com

Album Artist: Krizz Kaliko
Album Title: Vitiligo
Label: Strange

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: If Krizz Kaliko can overcome longevity without his sound getting old, he will do some great things. His ability to sing and deliver on-point rap lyrics is amazing. This is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. Strange Music displays that they are truly the next generation of artists. I can't wait to see if Tech and Krizz can break the chains that have been created by the industry over their style of music.

1) The Ride- No Inputs

2) Anxiety ft Tech N9ne- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: As soon as I heard this song, I knew this album was going to be tight. This song has that first-album-track feel that Tech N9ne carries most of the time. The beat has a killer guitar and knocks hard. The verses, chorus and bridges are clean. Everything is delivered on this song.

3) Vitiligo- :siccness::siccness::siccness: I don't feel the beat that much on this song, but the beat is there and Krizz definently rides it. This is a deep song, and you can feel Krizz' pain with the Vitiligo that he has.

4) What's Sizzlin' ft Tech N9ne- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: If you know Strange Music then you know that Krizz and Tech can feed off each other like no other duo. This song displays that perfectly. The beat is hard with a whining synth that rides. Off course the chorus is above and beyond.

5) Do It Like I Do It- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: THIS IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM! Krizz shows that he doesn't need Tech to be on top of his game. The beat is a Strange-party-style beat. The chorus jumps out and grabs you and shakes the hell out of you. If you don't dance to this song, you should go jump off a bridge. I don't care if you know how to dance or not.

6) Jungle Love ft Tech N9ne- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This song had me laughin' all the way through when I first heard it. The beat on this song is off the hook. It's one of the most original beats I've ever heard. The chorus and verses follow suite. This song is like a rollercoaster. It twists you and takes you everywhere.

7) Do Sum'n- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat on this track is hard and the hi-hats ride smoothly. Krizz displays his ability to sing on the hook. The vocals and delivery are complete on this song. We are on track 7 and this album is going no-where but up, up and away!!!

8) The Bidness ft E-40, DJ Chill- :siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat on this track is another beater. I've been an E-40 fan since "In a Major Way", but I gotta say that Krizz came harder on this song. The song overall lacks that edge that the previous songs have.

9) The Tunnel (Skit)- No Inputs

10) Peek-A-Boo ft Prozak, Twisted- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: A dark/hard beat compliments the hell out of Prozak. This song is filled with siccness. The chorus matches the beat perfectly. All three artists bring heat on this track.

11) Crew Cut ft Tech N9ne, Scatterman, Snugg Brimm, BG Bulletwound, Kutt Calhoun, Makzilla- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: So you take the entire Strange Music click and put them on a track and what happens? You get fire!!! Don't touch it, you might get burned. This song is a masterpiece, every artist shows his specialty. The beat is nothing special but it works.

12) Aintcha Bitch ft Tech N9ne- :siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat is the best part of this song. The verses are not that impressive. The subject of the song is Ok but I don't think they put it together very well. It could have been done better. Still overall an Ok song.

13) Slow Down ft Tech N9ne, Agginy- :siccness::siccness::siccness: There is a lot of originality to this song. The beat, the sample, the rhyme and flow scheme. Everything is original, and I think that a lot of people would disagree with me when I say that I'm not feeling this song that much. It's a pretty good song, but it's a little too slow for my taste. Agginy has tight vocals.

14) Rewind ft Tech N9ne- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat on this song, carries the verse. Production on this track definently stands out. The verses and chorus on this track match perfectly with the beat. Again Krizz and Tech feed off each other better than no others.

16) Let's Dip- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Another party song, come on we know that's what strange is best for... The beat on this song is one of the best beats on the album. Krizz's chorus is probably the best on the album also. I didn't know somone's voice could turn into a bass line. Bump it over and over!

17) Collect ft Kutt Calhoun- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat on this track is wild, it's all over the place. You gotta listen close to hear every sound that went into it. Kutt gets off on his verse. This is a good polished track.

18) Saucy- :siccness::siccness::siccness: I'm not a big fan of drinking songs in the first place. The beat is not bad and flows are not bad, but I think the content and subject were not present on this track. Still overall a decent song.

19) If I Ever Go- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This is a deep song and the beat rides for the content. It's an emotional song with the best subject on the entire album. Krizz pours his heart on to this track. I'll bump this song numerous times.

20) The Ride II (Skit)- No Inputs

21) Where You Want Me ft Kutt Calhoun- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This is kind of a weird way to end the album. It's an R&B track and I did not see that comin'. The beat appears to be the best part of the song, until it's about to end and Kutt drops a tight ass verse. Hmm Strange, definently strange-music