JAY-Z - THE BLUEPRINT 3 9.0 out of 10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
There are three things you can always count on when you cop a new Jay-Z album: hot beats, tight lyrics, and nice features. Jigga's Blueprint 3 lives up to all the hype in my opinion. With songs like, “D.O.A. (Death of Auto Tune),” “Run This Town,” “Empire State of Mind,” and “Off That,” already tearing up MTV, BET and radio stations everywhere, don't be surprised if this record is considered one of Jay's best albums ever. One of my favorite tracks on the album, “Real As It Gets,” features Young Jeezy. I'm also really feelin’ “On To The Next One,” with Swizz Beatz holdin’ Jay down. This is a well rounded album, with great features by Alicia Keys, Drake, Rihanna, Pharrell, Jeezy, and Kanye West. “D.O.A.” is probably the most popular and controversial song on the album as it calls for the death of Auto Tune songs that have been made so popular by T-Pain, Kanye, and Lil Wayne as of late. The track actually started small, but harmless beef between T-Pain and Jigga. Word is, even P Diddy was a little upset about the track. I don’t know if this album is the best of the Blueprint series, but I do know it’s packed with 15 kick a** songs. Did I get my money's worth? Hell yeah!

Words By DJ PIMP