Insane Poetry - Faith In Chaos review by Hustla

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2008
www.neversodeeprecords.com
Cover:

Tracklist:

01. Intro
02. Faith In Chaos
03. OKS
04. Journey Inside My Mind
05. Footsteps Of Danger
06. Voices In My Head
07. Puffin' On Angeldust
08. Diary Of A Killa
09. Radio Kill 66.6
10. Cyco's Sermon
11. Fall Of Babylon
12. Delilah
13. Who Am I
14. Interview
15. Life's A Gamble
16. Trackin' A Killa
17. Any Given Monday Intro
18. Any Given Monday
19. Footsteps Of Danger (Remix)
20. Shout Outs

Year: 2003
Label: Grim Reality Entertainment

Back in time.

Let me take you back in time to the 2003. Cyco and JP Tha Hustler form the new label called Grim Reality Entertainment. They release an horrorcore album Faith In Chaos as Insane Poetry. Cyco, JP and DJ Streek to be exact. They are all the producers of the album but you can hear only Cyco rapping. That’s right, no guest features, no JP on the mic. Only Cyco. How I feel about that? Well, we’ll get to it. But now let me give you a few numbers. JP produced 9 tracks, Streek 6, Cyco 4. That gives you 19, right? Well, the last “track” was produced by M. Boogie. Why am I writing this? Because I want to focus also on production of the album since it’s very specific. “Faith In Chaos” was stylized on some kind of book about faith. On the album you can hear a lot of religious lyrics and references.

Faith In Chaos.

01. Intro
In the introduction you can hear various radio reports on different kinds of crimes. On the beginning there is one report at a time but later you can hear a few different ones at a time. It makes “chaos” which I believe is the point.

02. Faith In Chaos
Definitely one of my favorite tracks from the album. It’s about crimes and tragedies on Earth. The beat is depressive and dark. You can hear Cyco saying “We live to die” over and over in the hook. The artist describes with details the chaos that rules over our planet. The track is really sad but it’s real.

03. OKS
OKS stands for “Original Killa Shit”. Well, to be honest, I don’t know how to describe this one. The beat is rather light and Cyco spits that horrorcore gangsta shit on the mic. I really like his wordplay and rhymes in this track. The only thing that bothers me is the hook, it’s average.

04. Journey Inside My Mind
Do you want to take a journey inside the psychos mind? Well, just listen to this song. I really like the chorus, “Journey inside my mind, you can see what’s in my rhyme, journey inside my rhyme, you can see what’s in my mind”. The beat is okay. Overall it’s a good track.

05. Footsteps Of Danger
Again, great wordplay and rhymes. It’s a horrorcore track with sick lyrics. It contains a little bragga but it’s good. The beat is nice.

06. Voices In My Head
One of the sickest songs from the album. Very explicit lyrics and dark beat. As you can presume from the title, it’s about voices in Cycos head. They tell him to do sick things. An classic horrorcore track. It’s full of hatred.

07. Puffin' On Angeldust
One of my favorite songs from the album. It’s about smoking that green kush. “I’m sittin’ in my room puffin’ on angeldust”. That’s the hook. Well, it’s not complex but it’s okay. The only thing I don’t like about it is the robotic (or something like that) voice that repeats that phrase after Cyco. Still, it’s one of the best tracks about smoking cheeba I’ve ever heard.

08. Diary Of A Killa
Well, I guess it’s the most brutal song on the album. As you can see, it’s about killers. You can hear what’s inside their minds. Cyco describes with details a killing from start to finish. Definitely sick shit.

09. Radio Kill 66.6
It’s very short. Cyco spits a few verses on Radio Kill 66.6 (which obviously doesn’t exist). The beat is calm. I like it but it should have been longer.

10. Cyco's Sermon
Cyco talks a few minutes about his life. You can hear a lot of religious references. It may be hard to belive but it’s one of my favurite tracks (I can’t really call it a song) from the album. Every sentence is carefully thought and constructed. At the end you can hear a skit from the “Pulp Fiction” movie.

11. Fall Of Babylon
Again, one of my favorites. The beat is very good. And it has a lot of references to the Bible. Remember the fall of Babylon? Why did it fall? Because of people’s sins. Cyco brings it into the XXI century. He describes crimes and sins of modern people. Why? Because it is leading to another “Fall of Babylon”. Well, at least that’s my assumption.

12. Delilah
The only weak song on the album. I don’t like it. The beat is average and the hook is just not good. It’s about Cyco’s girl “Delilah”. The artist stylized it on the “Bonnie and Clyde” theme.

13. Who Am I
A song about satan. The artist spits verses as if he was the devil, as he says “Who am I? I’m the devil, satan”. The verses are very explicit and sick as well as the beat. He tempts people to commit sins and bribes them with everything they want. It’s another big reference to the Bible. “The greatest trick that I pulled on the world is making you think I don’t exist”. I can’t agree more with that.

14. Interview
Just like the title says, it’s an interview with Cyco. You can hear in it about Insane Poetry’s history, the origin of the name of the band. The artist also says what he thinks about mainstream music and the “Faith In Chaos” album. You can also hear what Cyco has to say about violence and brutal lyrics on IP albums. People might ask, “what the fuck? An interview on an album? Are you kidding me?”. I think, it’s actually a very good idea. The interview is conducted very nicely and smoothly. The artist always has straight answers to the questions asked. People often don’t listen to interviews but if an artist puts it on an album, they have to do it. And I guess the point was to show people his opinion on a few things.

15. Life’s A Gamble
Yep. True song about life and everyday struggle. The artist spits verses about his life. I love the beat, so dark and morbid. Definitely one of the best songs on the album.

16. Trackin' A Killa
Well, it’s a really weird track. Cyco narrates investigation of a murder. The beat is calm but creepy. The “song” has a really sick vibe. I love it.

17. Any Given Monday Intro
Just an introduction to the “Any Given Monday” song.

18. Any Given Monday
After hearing the intro you know what the song is about – school shootings. Cyco puts himself in a position of a man who terrorizes school. It’s the most controversial song on the album. You can hear his thoughts and actions as he narrates it.

19. Footsteps Of Danger (Remix)
Remix of the “Footsteps Of Danger” song. However, not only the beat has changed, the lyrics too. So it’s totally fresh. I like it.

20. Shout Outs
Yeah, you know what it is about. Thanks and stuff like that to everyone who have helped Cyco and JP with the making of the CD.

Pure Chaos.

Let’s sum it up. It’s one of the best horrorcore albums up to date and it’s definitely a must have for all fans of this music. And not only for them. The album is very differentiated and touches various themes. You can hear about hate, love, life, peoples minds, religion. What connects all of them? Reality. “Yesssssss”!. No fairytales, just real life. Even in the interview you can hear Cyco saying that this is all about reality, that people shouldn’t hide from it behind big chains, fast cars and bitches, because it is all fake. One day you can have it all and the next day you might be an insolvent.
Like I’ve said in the introduction, the production of the cd is very specific. JP did great work on the boards, all beats fit the songs and I couldn’t imagine that tracks with other instrumentals. Don’t forget that JP is the part of Insane Poetry and this album wouldn’t be that great without him. What’s more, it’s a shame that he didn’t take part in the project as a rapper. Other producers did great too.
Cycos wordplay, flow and rhymes are awesome. You can hear that he really puts all his heart into the music he makes.
In conclusion, I recommend this album to all people that enjoy good, real rap music. It’s a classic album and it’s a must have for all rap music fans. If you don’t have it in your collection, you are not one.

- Hustla