Ginuwine - I Apologize

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
Ginuwine makes a long awaited return with this new Compact Disc "I aplologize" teaming up with the soulful vocals of Tommy Redding throughout the album. The album starts out with the hard knocking "I apologize" which is sure to get the dance floors accross america packed. Track 3 doesnt skip a beat where Ginuwine is sure to make the ladies feel special with the feel good anthem "Since I found you". The emotional betterdays features the soulful street gospel of Tommy Redding taking over at lead vocals. Dont think its all lovey dovey here though "Happy at home" feat. Irocc will blow your speakers out. Ginuwine later delights the women again with "say when" which is reminiscence of 112's hit "Cupid" This album is a must for any and all Ginwine fans, he keeps his trademark sound with "its real" and also go's in new direction with his Tommy assisted songs such as the fun listening radio ready hit "Whats it Gunna Be" This is a must have CD for your slow jam collection, guys and gals. Chuuch!

Review By: Sucram

Feb 13, 2007
This is not an official Ginuwine album. This album was supposed to be a "Mix CD" released by some DJ's in California that features a couple of tracks from the "Back To Basics" album by Ginuwine that didn't make the cut.

This CD is not supposed to be marketed as a Ginuwine release. Most of the songs on here are from up and coming artists. This is shady business here.

Ginuwine speaks on it on his myspace page at myspace.com/ginuwinezone

Feb 13, 2007
This is not an official Ginuwine album. This album was supposed to be a "Mix CD" released by some DJ's in California that features a couple of tracks from the "Back To Basics" album by Ginuwine that didn't make the cut.

This CD is not supposed to be marketed as a Ginuwine release. Most of the songs on here are from up and coming artists. This is shady business here.

Ginuwine speaks on it on his myspace page at myspace.com/ginuwinezone

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
StJamesIII said:
You shouldn't!!!!

G aint on half the shit on the CD and it aint a Ginuwine release.

So how do you figure niggas should fuck with it??
how would you know if he is or aint on half of the record? u must have supported the project! But yet telling other niggaz not too!!! LOL!!!

Feb 13, 2007
COOPDVILL said:
how would you know if he is or aint on half of the record? u must have supported the project! But yet telling other niggaz not too!!! LOL!!!

why would you even ask that question if he was on the whole thing? you didn't say NIGGA YOU CRAZY WHUT YOU TALKIN BOUT HE ON THAT...you asked HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF HE AINT ON IT?

If this was a legit CD you wouldn't have come at me on that angle. You woulda came at me like some weird dude but you more worried bout gettin that shit sold. thas why you tryna clown on me tellin people not to buy it...and i aint even said that. All i said was that it aint his CD

and it AINT!

you know how i know?

Because i'm his older brother.

That's how. I know exactly whats going on with the whole thing.

Your company is shady dawg. Y'all know damn well Ginuwine aint signed to some unknown ass label in the bay area so y'all know damn well y'all wasn't supposed to put a CD out and market it like it's his new CD.

Shady and ya aint gonna make your mark in the indusrty doin shit that way.

Feb 13, 2007
phil said:
DONT WORRY ST JAMES. THE CD IS BAM BAM, GINUWINE WILL BE LUCKY NOT TO LOSE A FEW FANS AFTER THIS ONE.

yea i see these siccness cats is on my myspace page now tryna holla bout some papers that was signed or sumn.

they know they wrong thas why they poppin that shit.

aint no major artist thas been in the game for 10 years is gonna go from being on Sony records to some off brand label nobody aint even heard of.

is these cats kidding me?????????????

Feb 24, 2007
Gabe T. said:

Actually it doesn't work that way legally. If you study publishing, copyright and entertainment law then you will know from a legal standpoint a company releasing a project in that manner will leave itself open to litigation because regardless of money being spent a company doesn't have a legal right to release an album on an artist if they haven't signed a recording agreement with that artist.

You can purchase the rights to use tracks for compilations which is commonly known as "mix tapes or Mix CD's" but you cant legally purchase tracks and market them as an artist official release. If you notice when you see CD's by various artists on a compilation such as Time Life series you will notice the artist photograph is never on the cover.

This company may have purchased the tracks but to release an album legally you must have a recording argreement with the artist. Even with a one shot deal you must purchase not only the tracks but the rights to use the name and likeness of that artist.

This company also didn't purchase the rights to use the photograph on the project so that would be another lawsuit that's probably pending.

And the logo was created by Sony's art department and is owned by them so that is yet another suit.

Also its my understanding that the track in question wasn't even purchased and part of the agreement.

This company paid the artist to sing on hooks and illegally obtained the title track. Obviously when they got those tracks illegally they just felt they could say they paid for it if something came out of it when they actually didn't.

They paid for Ginuwine to sing hooks. But of course they will say they paid for tracks because criminals never admit there guilt even when they're caught.

So now in the end they will be sued and not only will they lose the money they paid they will in fact when its all said and done Owe Ginuwine money and they've actually hurt the other unknown artists chances of getting deals.

ouch!

Feb 24, 2007
bigbosstalk said:
way to come with ur first post, but it happens all the time, artists sell tracks to people and it gets published as an official cd. It happens everyday and its perfectly legal. For genuine to come out and publicly attack the cd is unprofessional. But then again it is just more publicity for the cd so it works out both ways.

Give me some examples of that happening. Because that doesn't happen everyday at all. its quite rare actually. Its quite unlawful to use an artist name and likeness to promote a CD as a official release without a recording agreement with that artist.

It was quite professional of him to clear the air on a release he did not authorize. Ginuwine never said "Sure Siccness, you can put out my brand new CD"

He didn't say this nor did he agree to this i'm sure.

So to protect his image and reputation he spoke on the issue. Totally professional because now fans wont believe he's trying to swindle them out of money for a sub par CD on which he doesn't appear on half the tracks.

You do not have a recording agreement with Ginuwine. You have an agreement with Ginuwine to use songs featuring him on a compilation.

Here is an example of a compilation:

This was released by MTV. notice Run DMC, NWA etc photos aren't on the cover. Because MTV doesn't have rights to use the photos but they did buy the rights to use the songs on a compilation such as this.

It seems you guys haven't done your legal homework when it comes to the music industry.

Any good lawyer will tell you that is unlawful. You don't have to take my word for it. Not only did you market this as something that it is not (false advertisement) you infringed on the copyrights for the use of the photograph which isn't even Ginuwine's place to ok or not ok and the graphic work from Sony's art department.

All of this plus your use of tracks that weren't part of your agreement leaves you liable for punitive damages. In essence you all are heading towards losing not only your investment but the money you've gained from the project.

Was it worth it?

Jun 15, 2005
I thought Genuwine was a top notch artist. Why, at this stage in his career, he would even put himself in the position to have his music misused and misrepresented is beyond me. I mean, dude has a contract and a label, right? It's not like he needed the money...or did he?

NEMO

SICCNESS MOGUL
Jan 5, 2003
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
NickFury said:
Actually it doesn't work that way legally. If you study publishing, copyright and entertainment law then you will know from a legal standpoint a company releasing a project in that manner will leave itself open to litigation because regardless of money being spent a company doesn't have a legal right to release an album on an artist if they haven't signed a recording agreement with that artist.

You can purchase the rights to use tracks for compilations which is commonly known as "mix tapes or Mix CD's" but you cant legally purchase tracks and market them as an artist official release. If you notice when you see CD's by various artists on a compilation such as Time Life series you will notice the artist photograph is never on the cover.

This company may have purchased the tracks but to release an album legally you must have a recording argreement with the artist. Even with a one shot deal you must purchase not only the tracks but the rights to use the name and likeness of that artist.

This company also didn't purchase the rights to use the photograph on the project so that would be another lawsuit that's probably pending.

And the logo was created by Sony's art department and is owned by them so that is yet another suit.

Also its my understanding that the track in question wasn't even purchased and part of the agreement.

This company paid the artist to sing on hooks and illegally obtained the title track. Obviously when they got those tracks illegally they just felt they could say they paid for it if something came out of it when they actually didn't.

They paid for Ginuwine to sing hooks. But of course they will say they paid for tracks because criminals never admit there guilt even when they're caught.

So now in the end they will be sued and not only will they lose the money they paid they will in fact when its all said and done Owe Ginuwine money and they've actually hurt the other unknown artists chances of getting deals.

ouch!
Nick, just because i havent made a video deffending my company doesnt mean we are "shady" or "criminals" or have done anything wrong. We have put out hundreds of mixtapes and albums and sometimes people are going to be unhappy with the end results, its just the price of doing business. I love your passion for what you beleive in, but your totally wrong. You have no idea about the business/contract siccness and Ginuwine have(its ALWAYS two sides to every story). I reached out to Ginuwine 2 times so we can make whatever he thought was wrong, right. I never got a return call. The way I was raised, if you have a problem with someone or something they did, the two men/women sit down like men/women and work it out. Trust me when I tell you that my contract is TIGHT and were not worried about any lawsuits, but its not about that, I would do everything in my power to never let it get to a lawsuit, at the end of the day I want an artist comfortable with what comes out with his name on it, that really matters to me. Im not going to get into details about this, because its between me and Ginuwine. I have alot of respect for him because a guy in his position doesnt normally want to help lesser knowns(artists and my label).
I feel lucky though, out of all the hundreds of projects weve done, this is only the second time theres been a misunderstanding, I bet you I can and you can find hundreds of artists that dont like Sonys business, Warner business, Universals business, Def Jams business, etc.................

Feb 24, 2007
NEMO said:
Nick, just because i havent made a video deffending my company doesnt mean we are "shady" or "criminals" or have done anything wrong. We have put out hundreds of mixtapes and albums and sometimes people are going to be unhappy with the end results, its just the price of doing business. I love your passion for what you beleive in, but your totally wrong. You have no idea about the business/contract siccness and Ginuwine have(its ALWAYS two sides to every story). I reached out to Ginuwine 2 times so we can make whatever he thought was wrong, right. I never got a return call. The way I was raised, if you have a problem with someone or something they did, the two men/women sit down like men/women and work it out. Trust me when I tell you that my contract is TIGHT and were not worried about any lawsuits, but its not about that, I would do everything in my power to never let it get to a lawsuit, at the end of the day I want an artist comfortable with what comes out with his name on it, that really matters to me. Im not going to get into details about this, because its between me and Ginuwine. I have alot of respect for him because a guy in his position doesnt normally want to help lesser knowns(artists and my label).
I feel lucky though, out of all the hundreds of projects weve done, this is only the second time theres been a misunderstanding, I bet you I can and you can find hundreds of artists that dont like Sonys business, Warner business, Universals business, Def Jams business, etc.................
Sorry but what you did is quite blatantly wrong.

I find it interesting that this has happened before.

One only has to look at your product and see how wrong it is. It's not about the artist being unhappy with the product. It's about you doing something that is obviously and blatantly wrong and unlawful.

The issue is not the quality of the product and the fact you paid for tracks and have an agreement that references that transaction but how you marketed it.

Your agreement was to include tracks that featured Ginuwine on your Mix CD. PERIOD.

It did not include an agreement to release an entire album on Ginuwine and dupe the public into believing it is his album when he's not on 75% of the tracks as the lead artist. No one has to be privy to your agreement to see this for themselves because your agreement is irrelevant in regards to the product that is out now.

It's called "Misrepresentation" or "False Advertising" and this sir is something that is against the law and is regulated by the Federal Trade Commission which prohibits unfair and deceptive acts or practices in commerce.

This is not what i believe, this is fact. You can reference 15 U.S.C. §45 (United States Code, chapter 15, section 45) for clarification on your illegal acts.

One only has to use their own two eyes and look at the CD and see that it is clearly not marketed as a mix tape but the artist album.

I also have it on good authority that Ginuwine as well as Ted Clinkscale contacted you about this and you still went forward with your endeavors. I was also informed that you allegedly threatened the parties in question when they contacted you about this matter.

Hardly the acts of one who respects Ginuwine.

You seem to be trying to defend yourself now. Why? You're not going to make a video defending yourself and your company because quite frankly you have no defense. You have broken the law and breeched your agreement with Ginuwine so i don't expect you at this time to be honest when the root of this matter is your dishonesty.

I know both sides but more importantly i know what i see in the stores regardless of either sides story and what i see is a Ginuwine album that is not a Ginuwine album.

There is no escaping that fact.

Is Ginuwine a signed recording artist on your label? NO

Is Ginuwine himself saying from his own lips via a video taped message on the internet that this is not his official CD? YES

Is Ginuwine the lead artist on every single track on this CD? NO

I dont speak on what i believe in. I speak on the facts sir.

These are the facts and you can't deny it. You can hide behind the publics ignorance on the details of your agreement but your actions supercedes your agreement.

Now if you respect Ginuwine as you say and given the fact that we all know this is not a Ginuwine album plain and simple, will you take down your deceptive advertising and pull the project or will you just continue to say "we got a contract" that you breached and lie about respecting Ginuwine when you really just respect getting money.

You should have your cease and desist letter from Ginuwine's legal representation. Let's see if you truly respect Ginuwine and honor that letter and your own words here.

YOUR WORDS SIR: I would do everything in my power to never let it get to a lawsuit, at the end of the day I want an artist comfortable with what comes out with his name on it, that really matters to me.

Ginuwine clearly is not "comfortable" with this product that has his name on it and what you did is a federal offense and you have been given legal notice to cease and desist. You are also making it difficult for the artist (MIKE EDDY, RACHEL EVANS, IROCC, SMIGG DIRTEE) on that CD that are trying to build careers for themselves in the music industry by damaging their reputations as well. Also you do not have permission from the photographer to use that particular photo on your product nor do you have permission to use the artwork from Sony's art department on your product.

What is your response?

NEMO

SICCNESS MOGUL
Jan 5, 2003
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
NickFury said:
Sorry but what you did is quite blatantly wrong.

I find it interesting that this has happened before.

One only has to look at your product and see how wrong it is. It's not about the artist being unhappy with the product. It's about you doing something that is obviously and blatantly wrong and unlawful.

The issue is not the quality of the product and the fact you paid for tracks and have an agreement that references that transaction but how you marketed it.

Your agreement was to include tracks that featured Ginuwine on your Mix CD. PERIOD.

It did not include an agreement to release an entire album on Ginuwine and dupe the public into believing it is his album when he's not on 75% of the tracks as the lead artist. No one has to be privy to your agreement to see this for themselves because your agreement is irrelevant in regards to the product that is out now.

It's called "Misrepresentation" or "False Advertising" and this sir is something that is against the law and is regulated by the Federal Trade Commission which prohibits unfair and deceptive acts or practices in commerce.

This is not what i believe, this is fact. You can reference 15 U.S.C. §45 (United States Code, chapter 15, section 45) for clarification on your illegal acts.

One only has to use their own two eyes and look at the CD and see that it is clearly not marketed as a mix tape but the artist album.

I also have it on good authority that Ginuwine as well as Ted Clinkscale contacted you about this and you still went forward with your endeavors. I was also informed that you allegedly threatened the parties in question when they contacted you about this matter.

Hardly the acts of one who respects Ginuwine.

You seem to be trying to defend yourself now. Why? You're not going to make a video defending yourself and your company because quite frankly you have no defense. You have broken the law and breeched your agreement with Ginuwine so i don't expect you at this time to be honest when the root of this matter is your dishonesty.

I know both sides but more importantly i know what i see in the stores regardless of either sides story and what i see is a Ginuwine album that is not a Ginuwine album.

There is no escaping that fact.

Is Ginuwine a signed recording artist on your label? NO

Is Ginuwine himself saying from his own lips via a video taped message on the internet that this is not his official CD? YES

Is Ginuwine the lead artist on every single track on this CD? NO

I dont speak on what i believe in. I speak on the facts sir.

These are the facts and you can't deny it. You can hide behind the publics ignorance on the details of your agreement but your actions supercedes your agreement.

Now if you respect Ginuwine as you say and given the fact that we all know this is not a Ginuwine album plain and simple, will you take down your deceptive advertising and pull the project or will you just continue to say "we got a contract" that you breached and lie about respecting Ginuwine when you really just respect getting money.

You should have your cease and desist letter from Ginuwine's legal representation. Let's see if you truly respect Ginuwine and honor that letter and your own words here.

YOUR WORDS SIR: I would do everything in my power to never let it get to a lawsuit, at the end of the day I want an artist comfortable with what comes out with his name on it, that really matters to me.

Ginuwine clearly is not "comfortable" with this product that has his name on it and what you did is a federal offense and you have been given legal notice to cease and desist. You are also making it difficult for the artist (MIKE EDDY, RACHEL EVANS, IROCC, SMIGG DIRTEE) on that CD that are trying to build careers for themselves in the music industry by damaging their reputations as well. Also you do not have permission from the photographer to use that particular photo on your product nor do you have permission to use the artwork from Sony's art department on your product.

What is your response?
POST THE CONTRACT ON THE NET.
Im sure you have a copy, right? I mean you wouldnt just be on here talking about things that you really dont know about, would you? if the only way Ginuwine can be "comfortable" is if the record is pulled, once he gives me back the money we gave him, we will happily pull the record, thats a promise. O, please stop with the Ginuwine essays I cant and wont read all of that. By the way whats your real name, I wanna know what grown man spends his life deffending another man, your a man groupie

Feb 24, 2007
NEMO said:
POST THE CONTRACT ON THE NET.
Im sure you have a copy, right? I mean you wouldnt just be on here talking about things that you really dont know about, would you? if the only way Ginuwine can be "comfortable" is if the record is pulled, once he gives me back the money we gave him, we will happily pull the record, thats a promise. O, please stop with the Ginuwine essays I cant and wont read all of that. By the way whats your real name, I wanna know what grown man spends his life deffending another man, your a man groupie

I'm quite sure you did read that. And name calling isn't the most professional thing in the world as well given the fact you're supposed to be a business man who owns a company.

Just because i know about the situation doesn't mean i have a copy of the contract sir.

You have the copy of the contract since you're the one that did the deal.

Why dont YOU post it?

That didn't even make any sense to ask me to post an agreement I never made with you nor him.

You seem to believe that just because money exchanged hands that you are within your rights to breach a contract and do what you want. You are not.

I can pay someone to clean my car. That doesn't mean he has the right to drive it from my property and go joy riding because i gave him money.

While you harp on money you spent you are going to outsmart yourself because if you decide to ignore legal notifications you will not only loose the money you paid Ginuwine but you will owe him money for punitive damages.

The smart thing will be to pull the project and re-release it the way it was supposed to be released. As a mix CD. Without the photograph which is not within your rights to use regardless and the logo.

You've already shown that you are not a man of your word, that you lack integrity and you are without honor based on your blatant disregard for the contract you have with Ginuwine. So there's no accounting for your promises.

Be smart and pull the project and put it out the right way.
Be dumb and leave it there and get sued and loose the money you paid and owe Ginuwine.

Choice is yours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.