Gametight California Compilation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
www.westsiderap.com
http://www.westsiderap.com/featuredalbum-gametightcaliforniacompilation.htm

If their's one spot that's droppin the most heat in California right now, it's gotta be San Diego. For probably the last year or so, that city has been putting out heaters after heaters but yet still get overlooked by the industry. What Gametight Incorporated has done is taken a handfull of tight SD rappers and put them together on one project, the "Gametight California Compilation."

Bogie, CEO of Gametight Inc., has a real nice mix of artists on this compilation. Mitchy Slick, Suga Free, Ecay Uno, Cricet, I-Rocc, Mary Jane Junkeez, Ric Nutt, Big Wy (The Relativez), Lil B Stone, The Frontlinerz, Greeny Green, Shuga Shaft, Riccy Boy, Lucky Tha Lootgetta & more appear on here while production credits include Ecay Uno, E-Low, Steve Vicious, Cricet & more.

From beginning to end I was extremely pleased with this release. Sure, their were a couple beats here, a hook or verse their, etc. etc that I wasn't feeling but as a whole, this album is really solid.

It's tough to pick just one favourite joint so I'mma go with my two favourites, "Who Got Em" Ecay Uno & Riccy Boy and "Aint Got Time" Mary Jane Junkeez. I'd never heard anything from the Junkeez until now I'm definately impressed and anticipating some more material from them in the future. Same with Riccy Boy, he came hard on that track as did Ecay.

The Frontlinerz have a couple tracks on here as well. One is called "Gangsta In Me" while the other one is a Murder Inc. diss entitled "Frontline City." I'm not sure if they still are on DPG Recordz but I know that they were and that is when they recorded this track

The Wrongkind Family is represented on this compilation as well. Tiny Doo, Ric Nutt & Greeny Green come together on the track "Park Boyz Hustlin." Each artist comes hard and rips the E-Low produced beat. Wrongkind artist and Strong Arm Steady member Mitchy Slick drops a gem for his solo track "OT Wit Tha Yax." You don't really expect anything less from him anymore though, and of course, he didn't disappoint. He also collabs with Lucky Tha Lootgetta on the track "Dip 2 Tha BNB" while Ricc Nutt dropped the solo "SouthEast D.I.E.G.O."

Overall, this is one of the hottest compilations I've heard so far this year. I wasn't really feeling the interludes at all but as far as the music is concerned, it was bangin. It's projects like this one here that will hopefully bring some more attention to the San Diego scene and to the talented artists it possess. Most definately copp this as soon as you can.