Full Review: J-Diggs - California Livin Part Two

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
1. "Mrs. California..."
J-Diggs second solo album starts off with a little freestyle flow. He talks about California and what he's learned from living here. Nice little freestyle to start the album with.

2. "Really Not a Rapper"
Produced by: S-Dog
A coo sounding beat by S-Dog for this track. Diggs talks about Vallejo, the streets and how he's not really a rapper, but just talking about his life. After doing 10 years in the pen for conspiracy to commit armed robbery you can place the lyrics to real life. A solid track overall, I'm feeling it.

3. "Do Sumthin'" ft. E-40, Turf Talk, Little Bruce
Produced by: Droop-E
Droop-E lays down a pretty good beat to get things started. J-Diggs has the first verse and spits a coo flow. E-40 and Diggs combine on the chorus as the beat gets your head moving. Little Bruce spits the second verse spitting an ok flow, I'm probably feeling him the least of the four. Turf spits the third verse with coo radio style lyrics. It's one of those tracks meant for the radio. I wish E-40 would have had more of a part on the song. Still a pretty good track overall.

4. "The Thizzness" ft. Mac Mall, Rydah J. Klyde
Produced by: Taz
A slow paced beat done up by Taz. Mac Mall has the first verse and spits a tight flow. J-Diggs spits the second verse talking up some game. Rydah finishes off the track, but I'm not really feeling his verse that much. The song is pretty good, although I think they could have left Rydah off of it.

5. "Tells Herself She's Happy" ft. Miami, Mac Mall
Produced by: Mac Dre
A very interesting track right here. The production has a lot of piano and bass to it, but it doesn't sound like your typical rap song. Diggs starts it off talking about a girl. When the chorus kicks in the song gets pretty tight, with some solid guitar work and full on drums. Miami handles the hook to the song. Mac Mall just does some talking at the end of the song. One of my favorite tracks on the album.

6. "Bomp Bomp" ft. Young Duna
Produced by: Waz
A club type beat laid down by Waz. Diggs and Duna talk about getting down with a girl in the club. Young Duna makes for a solid feature. Both rappers come tight on the mic. A good song overall.

7. "Treal Talk"
A short interlude with Diggs talking.

8. "Aaaaddddimean" ft. Keak Da Sneak, Yukmouth
Produced by: Mozart
Wow Diggs really gets on em on this song. He spits a tight ass verse to start the song off with. The thing that gets me about this track is that the hook is so fucking weak it's ridiculous. All it is is Keak just vibrating his lips for about five seconds. It sounds really stupid. The rest of the track is tight though. Both Keak and Yuk spit a tight verse each and the beat by Mozart is on point. A tight song except for this piece of shit chorus.

9. "I'm One of Em" ft. Misah F.A.B., Bavgate, Pooh Sauce
Produced by: Don P
Mistah F.A.B. starts this track off with a good verse as the beat by Don P beats hard. I'm not feeling Bavgate at all, his flows are pretty weak. Pooh Sauce is pretty weak too. Diggs finishes off the song, but he should have taken over for both Bavgate and Pooh because he comes about 50 times better than the two of them combined.

10. "Romp N Peace" ft. Devious
Taz lays down one of those slow sentimental type beats. J-Diggs just does some talking on this one, speaking about his friend Mac Dre. No rapping on this one, just a shout out from Diggs to Dre.

11. "Diggs Dance"
This is a remix of "Thizz Dance" by Mac Dre. The beat done by Waz is very similar as Diggs does his own rendition of the track. This version has more of a gangsta sound to it. Although I like the original version much more than this Diggs puts together a nice remix.

12. "Rims Spinnin'" ft. P.I.D.
A pretty hard beat laid down by Waz for this track. Diggs comes hard on this track, but I'm not feeling P.I.D. much. His flow is ok on the chorus, but I'm not feeling his verse. A solid song despite the fact I'm not feeling P.I.D. much.

13. "Like U Like It"
Produced by: Lee
The mastering isn't that good on this song for some reason, it's sounds really scratchy. Diggs talks about a broad. The production by Lee is pretty good and gets your head moving to the beat. J-Diggs has a much faster flow on this song too than the rest of the songs on the album. A good song although the sound quality isn't all there.

14. "I Ain't Sell'n Out"
This is probably my favorite track on the whole album. The beat by Taz is tight as fuck and Diggs talks some hard shit about never selling out. He reps the Bay Area and keeps his verses and the chorus on point. A tight ass song, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

15. "It'saparty" ft. Tanay
Produced by: X.S.F.
A party type track definately, although I think the production could have been a little better. Diggs doesn't dissapoint once again on the mic, spitting some more solid lyrics, talking about getting down at the party. The chorus by Tanay isn't all that great though, I don't like her background vocals. A decent track overall.

16. "Thizzlamic" ft. Crest Creepaz
Produced by: Don P
The beat is clean for this track, really has that hard gangsta sound to it. The Crest Creepaz make for some ok features. The chorus is the best part of their work on the microphone. J-Diggs has the best verse at the end of the song. It's an ok track, but would have been tight left as a solo.

17. "Rapper's Island" ft. Mac Dre, Bad Business, Rydah J. Klyde
Produced by: Swamp Kat
Clean sounding beat by Swamp Kat to get things started. I'm not even really going to go into this track much, just enough to say that's it's tight and you should listen to it. Typical tight ass Mac Dre song right here, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

18. "Dirty Girls"
Produced by: X.S.F.
An ok beat by X.S.F. not as good as the other beat, but solid enough. Diggs once again puts it down on the mic talking about the dirty world and dirty girls. Not one of my faovrites, but it's an ok song.

19. "Connected" ft. Blue Da Vinci
Produced by: S-Dog
S-Dog lays down a hard ass beat to finish this album. Diggs spits some game as the slap gets your head moving back and forth. Blue Da Vinci makes for a good feature too, he puts it down on his verse. Another one of my favorite tracks. A good way to finish this album.

Overall this was a pretty tight album. J-Diggs shows that he can put down those true life lyrics spitting some game all the way through the album. The production was on point by all the producers featured. The featured artists were ok, it was kind of up and down to me. There were a lot of tracks I thought should have been kept as solo tracks because Diggs was far better than the artists he had featured. Either way though this album comes off pretty tight with Diggs and Thizz Ent. putting down another solid release. Go swoop this one up you won't be dissapointed. The album also comes with a free DVD that featured some performances by J-Diggs and commentary about how he and Mac Dre got locked up for the conspiracy to commit bank robbery.

May 4, 2005
Blutarski said:
11. "Diggs Dance"
This is a remix of "Thizz Dance" by Mac Dre. The beat done by Waz is very similar as Diggs does his own rendition of the track. This version has more of a gangsta sound to it. Although I like the original version much more than this Diggs puts together a nice remix.
This is not a remix of "Thizz Dance" and the beat is Not very similar.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
360_541 said:
And you guys are talkin about thizzelle dance off thizzelle washington produced by syko?
yah well really the whole song dont sound like it but tha hook

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
it's the most solid album outta thizz in 2005 besides Game is Thick.
Diggs put it down hard on this one and almost all the tracks are fire. He ended the album wit a sicc song. I'm feelin that Blu DaVinci dude..is he from KC???