Full Review: AP.9 & Fed-X - 17708

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
1. "17708"
Produced by: Rob Lo
A decent sounding beat by Rob Lo to get this duo album started with. AP.9 and Fed-X, two of the Mob Figaz collab on this album put out by Black Market Records. Both AP.9 and Fed-X lace up this track with good verses. Only one verse
from each though. AP also does the chorus to the track. A good start to the album.

2. "The Bay"
Produced by: Deluca
This is an AP.9 solo track. The beat is alright by Deluca, nothing all that outstanding, but it's coo. AP.9 talks about the Bay Area on this one. I like the chorus to the song a lot. Some solid verses from AP.9 and a good hook. A pretty good song, although the beat could have been better.

3. "Pimp Rules"
This is a Fed-X solo track. The beat by Rob Lo has a slower pace to it. Fed-X comes solid on the mic, but the beat kinds of turns me off on this one. The production is really basic and doesn't really get your head moving at all. The chorus isn't all that tight either. I like the verses, but that's about it.

4. "Loadin' Up" ft. C-Bo
Produced by: Mark Sparks
This track was also featured on the new AP.9 solo Body Shotz. The beat is on point and AP and C-Bo come with the gangsta heat on the mic. One of my favorite tracks on the other album and it's one of my favorites on this album too. No Fed-X on this track though.

5. "Pull the Curtainz"
Produced by: Madd Hatter
Back to another AP.9 solo track. The beat is pretty poor here. Not really feeling the overall flow of this song. The beat and verses don't really mix that well. The lyrics by AP are on point though. He talks some shit about 50 Cent and Ja Rule and just brings some hard gangsta lyrics. Too bad the production is weak.

6. "Since a Kid" ft. R Beta
Produced by: DJ 7
A coo, original sounding beat for this track. DJ 7 laces in some nice guitar work to go along with a slower paced beat. No Fed-X on this track once again. AP.9 spits more solid flows, talking about living the gangsta life since he was a kid. R Beta's verse is ok at best, but doesn't really compare to AP's. I'm feeling this one though, a good song overall.

7. "Do it Up Big"
This song is pretty weak all around. The production by Rob Lo is poor. The background vocals they have are weak and the flows by Fed-X are weak. No AP.9 on this song either. It's really got that R&B sound to it with the soft beat and background vocals. The song has poor sound quality on top of it all too. A weak track overall.

8. "Come Hard" ft. Lil Ric
Produced by: F.U. Payme
This track is one of my favorites. Finally both Fed-X and AP.9 are on the same track together. The production by F.U. Payme is on point with a hard bass line. Lil Ric makes for a good feature too. The verses are on point. Good track.

9. "How it Is"
Rob Lo laces it up with a medium paced, relaxed sounding beat. This beat really gets your head moving too. Fed-X and AP.9 spit a solid verse each and hook it up with a good chorus too. Just a plain bangin track. I'm feeling it.

10. "Mobsta Life" ft. Husalah, Unda P
Add one Mob Figa and delete another. Husalah makes for a good feature, but there is no AP.9 once again. Rob Lo lays down a good beat, except for the background vocal is a little annoying. Unda P has a reggae style to his flow. I think they should have left him off of this because Fed-X and Husalah came tight, but Unda P didn't really into the song at all. A good song minus the chorus from Unda P.

11. "Smooth Criminal" ft. Kamikazi
No AP.9 once again. The production by Rob Lo is ok, I like the bass line, but not really the other background effects used. Fed-X spits a good flow on this one, but Kamikazi isn't that tight at all. Really a dissapointing track, not feeling it much.

12. "Big Buiznezz" ft. Scot-Fre'
Produced by: AP.9
A tight beat laid down by AP.9. The only thing that's bad about this song is the weak ass chorus. Fed-X and AP.9 spit some tight ass, gangsta ass veres, but Scot-Fre' ruins this fucking track with his weak ass flow on the chorus. A tight ass track without the hook.

13. "Got Money Now" ft. Cilla Caine
Produced by: AP.9
The quality of this track is pretty bad. The mastering on this album overall, just like the Body Shotz album was terrible. The production to this song is on point once again and the verses are tight by all three rappers, but the chorus remains to be a downfall. I don't know who handled the background vocals, but they needed to stay off this song, the ruined it. I like Cilla Caine as a feature. Another good song spoiled by shitty background vocals.

14. "Watch Me"
Produced by: Madd Hatter
No Fed-X for the final song. AP.9 spits some tight flows to a good beat laid down by Madd Hatter. It's a relatively short track, but it's a good finish to the album.

Overall this album was extremely dissapointing. Once again AP.9 proves he's one of the elite on the mic in the Bay Area gangsta rap scene, but once again proves that he needs to get hooked up with better production, mastering and background vocals. Fed-X shows the heat on the mic as well, but he was hit with the same cons. The production was ok at best for this album, the mastering, although better than Body Shotz, was pretty bad. The features chosen were average. The one thing that really got me mad too was that on a collaboration album Fed-X and AP.9 appeared on the same track only 5 out of 14 times, not even half. The album was below average with only about 3 songs that really are worth the price of the album. You should probably pass on this one.

Apr 25, 2002
i more or less agree with blutarski's review - i was expecting alot more. rob lo used provided much better beats for his movement union comp and even the 3 the hard way album with marvaless. this album is OK at best.

Dec 6, 2002
www.BayUndaground.com
At first I didn't like this cd, but it grew on me. I'm still not feelin too much the last song - "Watch Me" - and "Pull The Curtainz".

I'm feelin both Fedx' solos. The only thing that pisses me off are the lengths of the tracks. It's mostly AP-9 and Fedx and the end ("How It Is" or "17708"). Fedx' solos hav only 2 verses. Same with "Watch Me".