Freako "Tha Ghetto Star" Full review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 4, 2005
This was Freako's first album, you can tell by the album design either he was on a tight budget or the people that put together the album were idiots. Theres no production credits, the feature rappers aint listed and some of the rappers on the front of the cd aint on the album ( Like Jacka). Because of this you have to guess whos on the tracks if you dont know there voices, i aint listen to it at the momment so i might get sum of them wrong. There are also a few recycled tracks from the Ghettostars and Mac Dre albums, BUT WAIT its not all bad read the review.

1. Tinted Shades
The beat is very numb and slow, i dont like it that much. Freako spits about all the bullshit that happens around him, all the things his seen and about why he has his tinted shades. Nice metaphors in the track but the beat lets it down in my opinion. Could have been a classic track with a better beat. 8/10

2.Million Dollar Nigga feat AP-9
Beat is straight slap, hyped up fast bounce type beat. Ap-9 comes hard doing sum story telling type rap about some niggaz trying to wet him up and doing some mob shit. " A young million dollar, project turf killer" Freako comes just as hard aswell spiting about wet sum niggaz up and keepin it mob and ballin. Theres no chours but this song dont need one. 10/10

3. Thug With Us Feat GhettoStarz
Averge beat, slow and uninspiring. I didnt like this track when it was on the Ghettostarz album and i dont like it here either. Freako drops a nice verse and the Starz do there part but its jus an averge track which is about thuggin really. 6/10

4. Dedecation
Really nice beat, struggle type shit. Freako gives props to all real niggaz on street or in the pen and all people doing their thing. Nice chours and his word play and metaphors are on point, this is a classic cut simple. 10/10

5. The Life Feat Rydah & Mac Dre
The beat sounds like track 3 but less numb and better, its nice. They basicly spiting about everything on this track, nice. 8/10

6. Voices Feat Rydah J Klyde
Slow erie type beat, real fuckin nice. Theres a nig and a girl singin the hook with Freako ( or a distorted voice over)" i keep hearing voices in my sleep,tellin me not to cry, is this a dream or reality my good or bad side." Freako spits sum real shit and Rydah does the same, their verses are some of the best on the album. 10/10

7. Autobiographic
nice beat again youll like this for sure. I think most listeners of Freako put this track in their top five tracks, its deep and the lyrics are tight. Listen to it and tell me it dont deserve a 10/10

8. Younger Days feat Dubb20 & Scobb Nitty
"We been thugged since our younger days", i think this is from the Ghettostarz album aswell cant remember. The beats a little above averge but the lyrics 9 are tight and the chours is okay so the track turns out nice. 8/10

9. Better Days Feat Montana Macks
Youll either love or hate this beat, im still undisided. Macks spits nice and Freako does aswell but if you dont like the beat you wont like the track simple. 7/10

10. Outer Space Feat Ap-9 & Rydah j Klyde
Nice Ghettostarz type summer time beat. There talking about how different there surrondings and lifes are and call it outer space, Nice metaphor. Freako opens up with a nice lyric " little girl hit with the hollow tips recocite off the bone morrow thru the livin room lodge in the wall jus above an infants crib, not in the suburbs its right here where i live." The chours is tght too and Rydah and Ap-9 drop hella tight verses aswell, overall tight fuckin track. 10/10

11. Bad Dreams Feat some female rapper
The beat is slow and erie but its nice. The female does the chours too which is nice and they detail sum fucked up shit they be thinking and living. Its a nice track that youll either like or skip. 8/10

12. Going Too Fast Feat Scoob Nitty
Nice kinda fast paced beat. Im gona give more detail later i gotta hurry this review up. 7/10

13. My Soul Feat GhettoStars and ?
Okay track nothin special, i dont really like it. 6/10

14. Niggaz Thirsty feat Dubee & ?
Dont really like this track either sounds like a filler. 6/10

15. NightLife
Averge track nothin special but nice lyrics as allways. 7/10

16. United Feat Bugyz
"We stay united like airlines" nice chours and both rappers drop tight verses over a tight beat. They are basicly talking about unity, nice track. 8/10

17. Methaphors Feat GhettoStarz
Nice fucking beat sounds real weird but in a good way.
Nice tight verses on this track aswell as metaphors. "These are my metaphors, i write every night but still got plenty more, just like whores", top track. 9/10

18. Bleeding Hearts feat Ghettostarz
One of my best tracks from the Ghettostarz album, tight lyrics,chours, beat and overall a nice track. 10/10

Sorry for rushing the end part ill fix it up later, this album had some tight tracks but was flawed by shit packing, filler tracks and false advertising. If you take away the bullshit you have a 13 track tight as hell album with classic material on it well worth your money.

Minus the bullshit tracks the album is a 9/10 but the other tracks that are shit bring the album as a whole down to a 7/10 but its still a tight album jus skip past the bullshit.

Feb 4, 2005
KhameNei said:
1. on track Tha Life there's no dubee, it's Ridah
2. there's no marvaless
3. "my soul" doesn't have even freako on it and it features Dubb 20. Scoob Nitty & Vigga
4. Niggas Thirsty features Dubee and somebody (dubee has last verse)

1. My bad, aint litened to that track in a while, totaly forgot it was Ridah on there, maybe i was thinkin of a different song?
2. Thankz for clearing that up it was a guess, who's the chick thats rapping then?
3. Yeah thats why the track iz wack, i think that track iz on my GhettoStarz Cd aswell.
4. Another wack track i rarly listen too, Dubees on that track then.

Thankz

Dec 6, 2002
www.BayUndaground.com
Wow, I really do like the track Niggas Thirsty. I always liked it, so kinda hard for me to understand that sbd may not like it ;).

However I don't know 2 appearances on the cd. That female rapper and the other one in Niggas Thirsty. "My Sou" (with no Freako) is not on Ghetto Starz cd.

This cd has like 3 songs recycled form The SL-ums, what is more 2 (Tha Life, Million Dollar Nigga) are recycled from the Rompalation, I don't know which though, cause I don't own any.

Freako should have dropped 100% solo, or at least only a few guestes that match his style (Dubb 20, Arsonal, Jacka, Mop Figaz...)

Feb 4, 2005
PressPlay Prod. said:
is there a freako interview around anywhere. if so post some up.

and do yal have any pictures of freako besides the shit on his album coverS???????

I been asking for them thangz too but i cant find them, all i got is album coverz. Im guessing there wasent any Freako interviews done or no one has them ne more. I dont think much photos ( publicity/promotional) of him were taken since the pic from his new album is the same one from the Ghettostarz cd.

KhameNei, i agree an album with more solo work and only a few good features would have been better but Freako loved to make his Nigz shine so i guess thats why theres so many.