FED-X - DRUG WAR

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California

Fed-X - Drug War (2006)

:siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness:

Since their debut in 1999, the Mob Figaz have been in dominant force in the independent rap scene. All members have experienced many up downs and run ins with the law, the loss of Freako, as well as Mac Dre. After surviving a near fatal gunshot wound to the head at point blank range several years ago, Fed-X emerges with his solo debut, Drug War. 50 States does not disappoint with this release as all Mob Figaz members appear on this album. Backed by Rob Lo’s production throughout the album, Fed-X displays his cocky raps over Rob Lo’s psycadelic yet soulful beats.

Arguably one of the best songs on the album, “Ghetto” displays Feddi’s love-hate relationship with the streets: “The ghetto’s my lady/this drug war’s crazy/21 bullets in the air so we can stay free/I bust shots at my enemy I’m killin the beef/Homie its good out here come stay with me.” Other notable songs include the dynamic Never Over featuring Ampichino, Switch It Up, and Beef. However, this album could have faired much better without the recycling of C-bo’s intro from his MobFather Album, and “Limelight“, where all 5 Mob Figaz make a rare appearance on a song together, has mediocre sound quality. The lyrics also seem redundant at times as well as 50 States raps as if he had sold more coke than Tony Montana himself. All in all, this is a solid release by Fedi Dibiase.

scale

:siccness: weak as fuck
:siccness: :siccness: disappointment
:siccness: :siccness: siccness: average
:siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: above average
:siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: classic

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I was really disappointed when I heard this, Fed-X comes on point as usual but beats ruin it, I've never been a great Rob-Lo fan, but here he's at his worst

Jun 3, 2006
i knock fed.....but in every group there is one person that should be doin it solo and for the figaz its...................yall already know

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
That album was hella tight IMO, almost every song is hella nice especially Switch it Up and Retro Mob with Hus

May 15, 2005
fed x stands out to me in a Good way. hes 1 of the best lyrically, jack and hus have a better style, but 50 states he reminds me of a cormega though, floating over the beats,a real smooth, delicate style.

May 3, 2002
PLACES is probably my favorite track. Retro Mob with Hus, Feddy Cheese with Cash and 100Proof. shit, even the intro knocks.....one of the best mob figa solos out.

Apr 25, 2002
This Was The Best Mob Figa Solo Released By The Frisco Street Show This Year Period.. I Think It's A 4.5 Because Fed-X Has Never Had A Solo Album And When He Dropped It He Shined On It Way More Than Most Expected... Either Way The Figaz Is Still The Best Group Out IMO And Can't Be Fucked Wit... 5 Different Niggas... 5 Different Styles..

Apr 8, 2004
I been lovin the Mob Figaz since C-Bo put them out. Jacka, Rydah, & Husulah always been my favorite 3. AP-9 cool and I never really paid attention to Fed-X. But after hearin that 17708(MOB) and this Drug War, I like Fed-X now, better than Husulah.
His flow gully and he came hard on Drug War. And I like that he Haitian, I ain't know that.