E-40 - MY GHETTO REPORT CARD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
E-40 - MY GHETTO REPORT CARD 8.5

This is the most important album for Northern California in the past 10 years. We had to get 40 at least a Gold plaque to hang on his wall, otherwise officially, The Bay Aint Back! E-40 has always been the voice of the Bay Area, let's face it, he yells the loudest (He's always been hot enough to keep a major deal). This album My Ghetto Report Card is as good as any he's ever dropped. It has more songs than In A Major Way, his best selling album ever, so it could be a better album. E-40 never comes stale, he's as fresh as they get, even after 15 years in the industry, an industry he helped make-The Independent Rap Industry. The single 'Tell Me When To Go' became the biggest single for the Bay Area since 'I Got 5 On It'. Keak Da Sneak solidified 40 Water as a Hyphy representer with help of Lil Jon on this monumental single. His next track 'Muscle Cars' was the icing on the cake, it also featured Keak, and Turf Talk. E-40 gets with The Federation, other Hyphy Factors from the Bay Area on 'Go Hard Or Go Home'. 40 Water touches all angles with this album, 'Gouda' with Stressmatic and B-Legit is hard. 'They Might Be Taping', is classic E-40. He can kill any beat, E-40 is one of the industry's best lyricist-top 5 for sure, he's the #1 Game Spitter of all time (Quote me on it). Other hits include 'Block Boi', radio favorite's 'White Gurl' with Bun B., Pimp C-U.G.K., and Juelz Santana, and U And Dat featuring T-Pain. The radio seems to play a handful of hits including 'Yee' featuring Too $hort, and 'She Says She Loves Me' with 8 Ball and Bun B. The last track 'Happy To Be Here' is my favorite, it's some real rhymes from the heart, it shows he appreciates the game, 40 always puts one like this on each album, that's what makes him the Ambassador of The Bay! A lot of haters have popped up and re-emerged during this past 6 months, but Earl Stevens has managed to quiet them all...with the succe$$ of this album. CONGRATULATIONS E-40!!!

By Mr Ceza

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
blaccoutt said:
e-40 my ghetto report card had some slappers on it but not as good as his old shit
that's what im afraid of. i got most of the old stuff too. i still need to get federal and in a major way.

Oct 5, 2006
I need to peep it , Hope it is slappin but 40 water gets my props regardless whatever how i feel about hyphy music at the moment, E 40 always seem to never dissapoint, folks who remember how sick Fedral,Mail Man, In a Major way and Charlie Hustle was, is this album worth picking up real talk folks..

May 30, 2005
Ain't no MailMan....I Think It's cool if you lived in st.louis other than that on the cali tip that shit is garbage...........

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Azazin, Compare this album and its effect it had on the West Coast to any past or present release besides Snoop, Game, Ice Cube, and it is a Modern Day Classic....