Complex - West Coast MC'n

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
www.westsiderap.com
http://www.westsiderap.com/featuredalbum-complexwestcoastmcn.htm

Complex has to be one of the rawest and most lyrical rappers in San Diego right now. If you've heard him on the E-Mortal Gang album or some of the guest features he's done, then you already know what I'm talking about. But if you haven't, then go pick up his debut solo album "West Coast MC'N" and find out for yourself.

Complex puts his usual suspects on the album, Cricet, Bay Loc, Contraband, Lil Bay Loc, VMF, Baby Krown, Problemz, D.I. & Big Will. Like the features, the production is handled by a Dago all-star team, Cricet, VMF & Sounditarium.

Cricet laced a hott beat for the album's title track "West Coast MC'N" which Complex literally rips. Earlier I mentioned how he's a dope lyrical rapper, well this track is a great example of that. You can really feel the lyrics he spits just listening to them.

My favourite track is "Martini & Rossi" featuring VMF. It's got a real laid back, chill kinda feel to it, great to sit back and have a drink to. VMF delivered a hott beat and killed the hook, that's what really made it stick out to me. Complex of course came through and ripped it.

The whole album is filled with knocks. I can definately see why alotta people consider him one of the top three rappers in San Diego. Other dope joints were "Terror Dome" feat. Bay Loc, Cricet, Contraband, Lil Bay Loc & Baby Krown, "S.D.P.D.K." feat. Big Will, "Hoodlums" feat. Mortal Gang and "Don't Get It Twisted." Don't sleep on this album, Complex puts together back to back slaps. Definately worth copping.