Community Service V.2 Review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
*ad kapones voice*
You aint heard this shit?...Coop D Ville?...Siccness.net?...San Diego and the Bay?..hold up, let me put this shit in real quick, this shit bump...these my niggaz man...betta feel me

CoopDVill and Siccness.net Presents
Community Service..Vol 2

Track 1

Mac Dre & Skiem Hiem-
GOOD GAME

Mac Dre starts off this track with a tough verse...not sure if its an original but its a typical MD verse, solid as always. Skiem Hiem? never heard of Skiem Hiem...but the cats has spits, song is only 1:53, shortest song on the album..but Im suprised I havent heard this dude's name before..blends well with MD,production is decent, fits MD and Skiems rap tempo nicely.Nice track, albeit short.

"Is that You"
I always liked this beat...its on some laidback slump type shit, the ambience it sets is on some WOW shit. The song introduces "RO Reepa" and "Doja" both cats spits real clean, yet still gritty street shit..this track is simply slumpin, the two features compliment Jacka well...I hope to hear more from these two. This album is slowly building up nicely..if the 1st track doesnt pull you in with Furlys voice..the 2nd one will for sure with Jacka intro verse.

"Take a Flick"
to sum it up..play this track when you feelin yaself,the beat is orchestrated perfectly for a sunny day on the freeway, first verse is Black mikey, an unknown to me but the cat is strictly street, dude got it. Mitchy Slick comes in next, and somewhat gets outshines by Black mikey. While Mitchy is well known, I feel this verse was somewhat on the simplistic side, still tight, but nothing special. I havent heard too much of Slicks music, but his verse on here displays his talent and he has a distinct voice that is memorable

"keep Twistin"....Aww shit, here come Devin, I have never heard a weak Devin song, and he maintains this status with this...fuck this track makes me wish I had some weed and not this $2 wine. had to play back devins verse again real quick...that shit was tough. 12 Gauge Shottie and Devin make good music together, the tones of these two voices over this bangin ass beat is a good song to zone out two with some headphones..12 has impressed me ever since the album with jacka..BANGER!

"Juiced Up"
Beta bossalini...and FAB, beta has that laid back pimpin stylist smooth flow..production is on some surround sound slaptastic shit, u cant really go wrong with Beta...the chorus is a little annoying though. FAB comes in with an impressive verse, although the line " first nigga to put candy paint on a bucket"..cant be true lol. Macnificents verse kinda winds down the song from its JUICED UP beginning...only complaint is the chorus...might be a nice track for the promo of the "Juiced up" energy drink.

"Nif nasty and Smac100"
Not really feeling this track, just doesnt do anything for me...both cats are spittin, but this one might have to grow on me some...movin on. I didnt see a title on this one, I hope it aint the title track..man

"Big Up"..Shake the mayor...
beats remind me of some Jeezy type shit, Im new to Shakes music but its got my head bobbin, dudes spittin some heat, the instrumental backing him up supports his style nicely, this song is a good introduction to this cat. Straight street shit, I'll be on the lookout for this artist.

"We be functioning"
Bossman hogg and Marty McPhly?...Ive heard of hogg but not the additional feature...skipping this track,maybe im just not under the influence of the right substance...this one will take some time I guess...not feeling it really. Beat is just BLAH...kinda like Top ramen without the flavor packet. no disrespect intended, just not feelin it.

"Model Top"
Diego redd, Cakemix and P Coat Jackson
This is sort of a cool club track...dude singing on it can blow ( no autotune either, a big plus ) takes a minute to get heads bobbin but a solid track to ride too..P coats verse on the end is bland, no substance..nothing special and could have been left off..its on some upbeat drunk shit.

"Life in the Sky"
Willie Joe Jesse L and balance..
From the first 10 seconds on... this song is a slumper...definitely a hit. Verse and production seem to be seamless, the smooth nature of this track makes it a standout indeed. Playin this one more time...

holdup....that last track might have to wait, this one has Stevie joe and 40..whats it called? "Ghetto Meatloaf"? nice title...these joe boys are something to be on the lookout for, Ive heard the name and i see why now..GOD DAMN 40 ripped this shit..the styles seem similar and not forced, very natural. Damn..last two tracks Ive heard are back to back blappers.

Overall I can tell you this album is worth the $12 or whatever its going for, Im halfway through the album and i'd be happy with the purchase, replay value is mid to high and there are very few songs that would be skipped. No overly blatant filler tracks...Im playing the rest of this album and feeling it.beyond the lengths of my review the album only gets better. If your looking for a good CD, Cop this one, it gave me a nice introduction to some artists I havent heard before and lets the well knowns shine nicely. The production is mixed well, I can see this album hittin ever harder in some Dr. Dre headphones. Im ending this review because I am satisfied to say the album is a solid purchase for any Bay Area rap fans, especially San Diego rap fans. With features including Killa Tay,J Stalin, E40, Willie and Stevie Joe, EPA's OG's's Mac n AK, and Shake the mayor, this album is a surefire hitter.
I have no doubt my review would be even higher...if I was higher. Can a nigga get a sack for writing all this shit?
LOL...Coop D Vill and Siccness.net put together one helluva lineup, chose his tracks carefully...the production is simply amazing. Nice work, this album has been a pleasure to listen to and review...some are harder than others...this was easier than a drunk fat bitch at 1:45am. Ya'll cop this shit and support the Siccness...its reppin the site right...Quit bullshittin and cop it

thanks for the review my dude...