Canibus - 2000 B.C.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
I

INDIGO

This is one of my all time favorite albums. The main reason being that lyrically its one of the best albums i've ever heard. He's also not just using big words to rap about stupid shit. It all flows together and makes sense. Besides the off the hook lyrics he raps with, his flow and the energy he radiates will have you saying "damn!!" throughout the album.

The production is real nice too. There's only one beat on the cd that i didn't feel that much, but the lyrics keep you listening. Other than that the rest of the beats aren't over repetitive or simple so they don't get stale quick. I can easily listen to the album all the way threw.

The features are cool too. The Journalist's raps are sick. Rakim, Kurupt, Pharoahe Monch, Killah Priest, and Ras Kass also bring a lot of flavor to the album. All of them are only on 5 tracks so none of the songs are cluttered. Plus they all put it down properly, no lazy rapping or simple lyrics.

I'm not going to do a track by track review cuz the majority of the songs are tight in the same way. The production, flows and lyrics from the artists are what make this a complete quality album. The lyrics however, clearly stand out, and they'll have you playing the album much more often than a cd that has tight production but booty or mediocre lyrics.

Overall:

Lyrics: 11/10
Production: 9/10
Features: 10/10
Overall content: 9/10

If you haven't heard it yet, check it out. You won't be disapointed.

"a nigga like me should have carpell tunnel syndrome in my wristbones from grippin microphones this long"

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
actually I just ordered it. I've always thought that song Micnificent was tight as fuck for years now ever since I saw the video for it and I just recently heard that song with Rakim but I'm looking forward to hearing the whole cd when I get it

I

INDIGO

like i said man, you wont be disapointed... 100 bars alone is worth the price of the cd.. be sure to post up your opinion after you get a chance to spin it.. a lot of cats on here are still snoring

May 27, 2004
i like this album better than RIP the Jacker! but RIP the Jacker was dope too! dinnt have as many good songs as this one tho!

I

INDIGO

^^ for real...

can-i-bus is tight too...
only heard a couple off mic-club....
wasn't feeling c hollywood at all..
haven't heard rip the jacker yet but heard its cool...