C.T.D.C. Family Presents: The Arrival

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
www.westsiderap.com
http://www.westsiderap.com/featuredalbum-ctdcfamilypresentsthearrival.htm

The Cutthroat Dymond Cutz Family (C.T.D.C.) recently released their debut album entitled "The Arrival." It's a twenty-two track compilation that features the entire C.T.D.C. Records roster, Arkane, Bo-Lune, D-Rugs, I-Haze, Murdock, Screwface, Rell Derty, Tavio & T.B.

From my first listen to the very latest one, I've been completely impressed with this record. Their's a lot of different artists on it from different regions (not all the artists on this label are West Coast) with different styles. Together, with production mainly from T.B., you get a dope project with a lot of versatility.

I'm most impressed with D-Rugs. Hailing from Northampton Massuchusetts I felt his tracks the most. On songs like "Heyyy!!," "Psycho," "My XO's" & others he showed his versatility & skills on the mic. My favourite track though is "I Love Drugs" with vocals by Noelle Scaggs. T.B. laid down a hott beat for it and D-Rugs did his thing. A nice mellow track with a smooth hook, somethin you can definately chill and smoke to.

Their's a lot of talent on this project that are up-and-coming and could very well make some noise in the industry. D-Rugs, Rell Derty, Sherm Klump, T.B. (on the beats), I-Haze and more all had solid solo tracks on this album as well as some tight collaborations. Some of the other dope tracks on here are "Derty Gets It Down" by Rell Derty, "Hate On Me" by D-Rugs, "Tornado" by Rell Derty, I-Haze, Bo-Lune & Sherm Klump & "Bust Yo Gun" by Sherm Klump.

Overall, this release is bangin. From the artwork right to the quality of the music, C.T.D.C. put their all into it and it shows. To be honest it surprised the hell out of me cause I didn't know what to expect from it. Pick up the album and support C.T.D.C. Records.