Bone Thugs-Still Creepin on ah Come Up (J'Sin review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com

Album Artists: Bone Thugs
Album Title: Still Creepin on ah Come Up
Label: Real Talk Entertainment

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: If I had a half to give I would. This is a strong album. There's no doubt that Big Hollis beats go very well with the Bone Brothers. I just wish that Bizzy and Layzie would get on some new subjects. I don't see them getting better as a group. I don't know how much more they can improve. One more thing, no matter if they change their names from Bone Brothers to Bone Thugs, that's not going to change the sound of the group. I want to see these two evolve together. Not just rap together because they are friends.

1) Bone Thugs (Intro)- No Inputs

2) Back in the Day- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Big Hollis brought heat on the beat with this one. The snare rolls and synthesizer delays really bring this track out. Bizzy blesses the chorus with a hard rapid flow. Both Layzie and Bizzy have strong verses.

3) Make it a Double-
:siccness::siccness::siccness: The production on this track is Ok, however a little basic. The chorus is kind of bland, but easy to listen to. The verses are not very strong.

4) 1, 2, 3- :siccness::siccness::siccness: I enjoyed the production on this track. The variables in the side sticks make this beat rock. The chorus is Ok, but the highlight of the track is Bizzy's first verse. He comes hard, killing the beat.

5) Shit 2 Do- No Inputs

6) Let Me Smoke With Ya'- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: THIS IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM! Big Hollis brought the house with this beat. The repeating cymbals give this beat a hard feeling. Layzie's soft voice compliments the beat with harmonics.

7) Conspiracy- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Again Big Hollis brings true productions, with crisp westcoast handclaps and chimes. The subject and content brought this song out. Both artists use their original styles to express what's on their minds.

8) Murda- No Inputs

9) Ready for War- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Bizzy's chorus drops with the beat and does exactly what the title says, get's you "Ready for War". Bizzy follows the chorus up with a vicious verse. Layzie follows him up with his own little barrage of lyrics.

10) Rollin, Drinkin'- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: I've expressed that I'm not really into drinking songs. The productions from Big Hollis set this track of though. The hi-hats fit perfectly with both artists steady verses. The chorus is not amazing but it works.

11) Prisoner- :siccness::siccness: This song was a good attempt but it doesn't achieve bringing out any feelings in me. The beat is is not above and beyond. The verses remain technical, but it's Bone, that's not hard for them.

12) It's Still Love- :siccness::siccness::siccness: The subject and production on this track is the best part. The verses sound like typical Layzie and Bizzy verses. I don't get the feeling that they put a lot of work into this song.

13) Give Me Some Hydro-
:siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: You put Bone on a smoke song, and you're gonna get fire. This song is no different. The Big Hollis beat with the guitar in the background combine with Bone weed verses.

14) Still Creepin On Ah Come Up- No Inputs