Bone Brothers-Bone Brothers III (J'Sin review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com

Album Artists: Bone Brothers
Album Title: Bone Brothers III
Label: Koch

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: Bizzy and Layzie brought a so-so album. I'm not sure if I can completely blame them though. It seems like the flows on the verses and choruses were there. I think they lack on the productions with this album. Now don't get me wrong it's the best Bone Brothers album yet. I just think that they have the potential to do so much more than they displayed on this album. I recommend it for any hardcore Bone fans. Other than that you can sleep on it and won't be missing much, but a few tracks here and there...

1) Intro- No Inputs

2) Double U- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This is a good way to start an album. Bizzy Bone comes out of the gate with a rapid, harmonic verse. Layzie has a pretty solid hook and verse. The beat is hard and speedy.

3) Cash Money ft Notorious BIG- :siccness::siccness::siccness: The hi-hats on this beat ride quickly. The synthesizer bass on the hook is tight. Biggies verse matches the beat, but overall the song is just Ok.

4) Fall Pray to Anything-
:siccness::siccness: I don't know if it's the beat, but this song is boring. The chorus has no skill involved. Only when Bizzy came in did I feel any sense of interest.

5) Rollercoaster- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This song is a typical Bone Thugs-Harmony song, which is what I love about them. The beat is a hit, and sounds very inspirational. The verses and chorus are expressive and demonstrate how well Bizzy and Layzie can feed of each other.

6) Lockdown Love- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: I heard this song long before the album came out. So by the time this CD dropped, I had already played it out. It's a good song though. Verses are very deep and the schemes and flows are on point.

7) Streetlife- :siccness::siccness::siccness: This song sounds like something that's already been on the album. Ok here we go with this again. It's not a bad song, but it's not a change to anything else on the CD. The beat is basic and the flows are the same.

8) The Struggle ft Bone Thugs, Petey Pablo- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: THIS IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!!! Come on it's the entire Bone Thugs team, you know it's gonna be hot. The beat is on point and original. Petey Pablo's chorus couldn't have came any harder. Krayzie has the best verse on the song.

9) Double Glocc Glocc- :siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat again sounds familiar on this song. The only thing that gives this song hope is Bizzy's vocals. His chorus is the best part of the song. The chorus rides the beat very well.

10) This is a Warning ft Thin C, Cutthroat Raw- :siccness::siccness: The beat...the beat...the beat... I'm telling you I had bad thoughts about the artists on this track, but they were pretty good. It's the beat that pisses me off on this song. Again no originality.

11) Thug in yo Life- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Ok this is better. The beat is cool, and the delivery is tight. The quality is a little low, and sounded like something that would have been on "Speaking in Tongues", but the song overall is really good. The subject and emotion to the song is polished.

12) If You Wanna Get Paid-
:siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat is hard and dark, but Layzie's light voice kinda conflicted with it. It's not a bad song though. Both artists had decent verses, and the chorus, though not the strongest was Ok.

13) Momma- :siccness::siccness::siccness: They went for a deep track but honestly I don't know what's throwing this song off. It seems like they were on the right path, but didn't quite make it. Good flows and decent beat.