Bizzy Bone-A Song for You (J'Sin review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com

Album Title: A Song for You
Album Artist: Bizzy Bone
Label: After Platinum

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: It's good to see Bizzy making his way back to the top. After watching him hit rock bottom with the "Speaking in Tongues" album I never thought I would see him back in the light. This is Bizzy's best solo-album yet. I can't wait to hear the next two albums from him and After Platinum. Keep it comin' big homie.

1) Prelude- :siccness: You know Bizzy could have left this out as a track and just put it at the beginning of song #2. I mean it's a good intro, but doesn't deserve it's own track.

2) A Song for You ft DMX and Chris Notez- :siccness::siccness: After naming the album after this song, and hyping it up, I don't think that Bizzy really delivered with this song. The beat is simple, however the piano rides. DMX's verse was better than Bizzy's. It seemed like his heart was into it more than Bizzy. Chris Notez proved that he had vocals and had the highlight of the song with the chorus and a bridge.

3) I'm the One ft Joel Madden- :siccness::siccness::siccness: This was no doubt a good collaboration. Bizzy's delivery was speedy and on point. Joel Madden (of Good Charollette) had a hard guitar loop as well as decent vocals on the chorus. The two styles some-what collided, but overall a decent song.

4) Muddy Waters- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat was a classic Bone Thugs-N-Harmony style rhythm. Bizzy's soul was placed on this track. You can hear it in the delivery and the content. The lyrics were very deep and emotional. The chorus reaches out and grabs you with Bizzy's duet with an unknown female vocalist. This is one of my favorite songs on the album.

5) Money ft Twista- :siccness::siccness::siccness: Two of my favorite artists.... :ermm: I think they could have put together a better song. Bone and Twista did it twice and both of those songs blew this one out of the water. Ok the beat was so-so, the hook was not that good. And we know both of them can rap really fast, but the song didn't contain what I thought it could have.

6) What Have I Learned- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This is another deep song. The beat was bland, but Bizzy rode it. The content and scheme was there. The subject is exactly what the title says. Doesn't get the full five because I've heard other songs that sound similar to this one. Again the chorus was probably the best part of this song.

7) Mercy Mary- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Did you think that Bizzy couldn't still spit fast? Well then you were wrong. The beat on this song was original and I couldn't understand half of what Bizzy was saying because it was too fast. But I really liked this song overall...

8) I Truly Believe- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: So Bizzy has went religious, we know this and we've known it for years. I like it sometimes. In this case I really liked it. This was a very inspirational song. It gives you a good feeling. The beat is off the hook, and Bizzy's sorta singing through it. Oh and don't sleep on the classic Bone-style chorus.

9) Ballin' ft Jim Jones- :siccness: I liked nothing about this song at all. To me this was the worst song on the album. The beat sounds like something that's going to be real deep, then the chorus sounds like a Screw-knock-off. Jim Jones did not compliment the song at all. As a matter of fact as if it wasn't bad enough, he made it even worse.

10) I Need You- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM. Yes it's a love song. But I'm telling you that I haven't heard anything this good in a while. The beat is one of the most original beats I've ever heard, using a 50s style sample in the hook. Bizzy's verses ride the beat perfectly.

11) Hard Times ft Chris Notez- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This is when I realized that Chriz Notez was a very talented singer. The beat is pretty good, with a light feel to it. Chris and Bizzy feed each other really well. You can tell the album is starting to come to an end with this song, and it's a good way to go.

12) Memories- :siccness::siccness::siccness: You know if I had a half to give I would. This song is not bad at all. Once again, Bizzy was attempting to go deep. I don't think that he managed as well as he did on some other songs. But it was OK. I think this is the song that some people will disagree with me and really feel it. The beat is chill.

13) Real- :siccness: If this is really a freestyle, which I'm not doubting, I wouldn't have included it in the album. I would have rather heard another Bizzy Bone song. I've seen clips of him freestyling and I don't need proof on a track.

14) Crossroads (Outro)- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Whatever happened to Bone Thugs-N-Harmony vibes? You know when they would just do their harmony flowing on a song. Well maybe because Bizzy is out of the group, they don't have the same feel to them... Well Bizzy still has it. This outro if so damn tight!

Nov 9, 2003

Album Title: A Song for You
Album Artist: Bizzy Bone
Label: After Platinum

14) Crossroads (Outro)- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Whatever happened to Bone Thugs-N-Harmony vibes? You know when they would just do their harmony flowing on a song. Well maybe because Bizzy is out of the group, they don't have the same feel to them... Well Bizzy still has it. This outro if so damn tight!

Yo J'Sin
I think this cd is good but I was walkin home tonight and heard this track and heard about that interview on bnthboard.com and was thinkin that since all 5 will be back I want some of the vibe that makes you feel zoned.

Good review overall
cant wait to hear you Tech N9ne Killer review