Arsen & Mista Cane - High Risk, High Reward

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 27, 2005
1.“High Risk, High Reward”
This track gets this album started with some heat. The medium paced beat produced by One Drop Scott fits well with Arsen and Cane’s delivery. Cane spits a heated verse, followed by Arsen who spits a coo verse. A coo track to start off with. 8/10

2.“Take a Look” ft. Black C
A clean hip-hop beat gets your head moving . Nice laid back flows by both Arsen and Cane. Black C is just on the hook but it sets the song off. Arsen and Cane both spit some real talk lyrics. One of my favorite tracks. 9/10

3.“An That’s Why”
Another slower paced beat that gets your head moving. Arsen and Cane come clean on this track with some on point lyrics. Cane is on the hook and its one of my favorites. More real talk lyrics about the past and the rap game. Another favorite of mine. 8.5/10

4.“Close 2 U” ft. Killa Kiese
A coo beat but not one of my favorites. Killa Kiese starts off the track but im not really feelin him, Arsen comes alright, Canes verse was coo but I think he comes a lot tighter on other tracks. Not a bad track but not the best on the album. 7.5/10

5.“Changes” ft. Sean T
Back to another clean beat that gets your head moving. Cane starts the track off with a coo verse, followed by a clean hook with Cane and Sean T. Sean T comes clean on his verses to. They talk about their past and how things have changed. Very clean track overall. 9/10

6.“Holla At Me”
Im not into the beat that much. More of a radio song or mainstream sounding song. They both come with some coo flow not the best that I have heard from them. This type of track just isn’t really my style. 7.5/10

7.“Fall Back”
A clean ass medium paced beat. Cane comes hard as fuck on the mic, he comes with some vicious flows about how the so called rappers need to fall back and give up trying to be rappers. Again the hook is hella clean. Arsen comes coo but Cane just rips it up. I would have liked this track to have been a Cane solo but still its another one of my favorites. 9/10

8.“Breakin’ Me Down” ft. Prohoezak
A coo beat produced by Sean T that fits the flows well. This is more or a sentimental song about the women in their life that have hurt them and caused them pain. Prohoezak come with some good vocals on the hook. Both come pretty clean talking about their past experiences. A really good track. 8.5/10

9.“In Here” ft. The Game
A clean faster paced beat. A coo club sounding track. The Game spits on just the hook which is a good thing. But Arsen and Cane don’t disappoint with some good verses. A clean track. 8/10

10.“When We Slide Thru” ft. NBD
Another beat by Sean T which is clean and that fits the flows well again. M-Dash comes out with the first verse and spits some clean lyrics. Then comes Cane with some Heat, as does Arsen. Talking about when they slide through how shit goes down. Tight track. 8.5/10

11.“Talk A lot” ft. The Jacka (Mob Figaz)
Im loving this beat probably my favorite beat on the album this shit knocks. Cane rips this beat to shreds, Jacka come coo on the hook and his verse, Arsen comes in with some clean lyrics too. Gotta say it again one of my Favorites. 9/10

12.“Dyin’ To Live”
This beat is a waaayyyy better than the other one Rodzilla produced. Again, Cane has his way with this beat followed by Arsen coming with one of his best verses. Talking about no matter what the circumstances they going through they are trying to live. Best track with just Arsen and Cane. 9/10

13.“Don’t Hold Back” (Cane solo) ft. Prohoezak
Another coo club type beat that gets your head moving. Canes only solo song, and he brings some coo lyrics yet again. Prohoezak lays down some good vocals on the hook. A good overall track. 8/10

14.“Singed Hype” ft. Young Dru
A sick beat, one of the better ones. Cane starts off the track with a good verse, young dru comes on the hook pretty clean. Then he comes in with some good flows followed by Arsen coming hella clean. They talk about how rappers that were nothing are now something big and have changed there ways. More real talk about the rap game. Good track. 8.5/10

15.“Where Our Heart Remains” ft. TTH
A really weak beat by Rodzilla that no lyrical genius could overcome. This is a track with Arsen and his crew TTH. Not feeling this track at all, mainly because the beat. I skip it every time. 5/10

16.“Contact” (Arsen solo)
The beat isnt one of my favorites but a lot better than the one before. Arsen rips it up to this beat but if you dont like the beat you wont listen for long. When I first heard this track I want feelin it at all but it has grown on me. 7.5/10

17.“Respect Our Grind” ft. Gas
Good medium paced beat. Track starts of with Y.B. spittin a clean verse, P.B. On the hook with some good vocals, Mann Mann comes with an ok verse but I have heard better, and Cane spits a good verse. Im feeling this track. 8/10

18.“I Miss You” ft. JT The Bigga Figga
A good slow paced beat. But I never could really get into it because it was to slow. The flows sounded more like just some talkin. I expected better from this track. But its worth a listen tho. Not really feeling this track. 7/10

~Overall this is a really good album especially for being free. Lyrics and beats were all on point, except for a few beats. Davey D did most of the production, with Sean T and Rodzilla each producing a few and E.Q. and One Drop Scott each producing a beat. Most of them come of clean except for one by Rodzilla. A lot of the tracks have a laid back hip-hop feel with clean real talk lyrics. Prohoezak was a good choice for the two tracks he did hooks on, I would like to hear more of him. This is an album that I can put in and just let it ride through without skipping a lot of tracks, just one. I was surprised there weren’t many Alliance members on here tho. The beats, delivery, and flows all come together almost perfectly on all the tracks. Major props to Arsen and Cane, plus everyone else that had a hand in making this album. 9/10