151-Code of Tha Street

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
151 "Code of tha Street"
West Coast Mafia 2003

1. WCM (intro)- Mix of songs over a beat…Tight little into.8/10

2. Chop It- This is a tight cut. Talks about putting in work and shit. 151 spits heat over the beat. This is one of the tightest songs on the album in my opinion. 9/10

3. It’s Like That feat. Yukmouth and C-Bo- 151 comes with heat on this one again. C-Bo and Yukmouth come with heat as well, all 3 make the song real tight. 8/10

4. Thug Entrepreneur - featuring Coz Pacino and JT The Bigga Figga- This is another tight song. JT The Bigga Figga and Coz Pacino came with heat and 151 did his thing on the track as well. Another solid track. 8/10

5. Game Over - featuring Young Meek- This is another tight cut. Young Meek starts out with some pretty tight shit and then 151 comes in and laces the track with heat. Talkin about ballin’, shit is locked down, the game is over. 9/10

6. Paranoid- This is a tight song with a faster beat. 151 again comes with nothing but tight licks. The song talks about cops and people tryina get you. This is another one of my favorite songs. 9/10

7. All I Ever Wanted II - featuring Frame- More of laid back beat. Talkin about everything that he ever wanted in life. 151 comes tight on this track again and Frame comes pretty tight as well. 7/10

8. Westcoast - featuring C-BO and Killa Tay- This is the fuckin’ cut. This is my favorite song on the album. The beat is real sick and 151, C-Bo, and Killa Tay spit heaters on this. 10/10

9. All Began- Another laid back style beat. This song is pretty good. I’m not feelin anyone on this track besides 151. 7/10

10. Off Top- This beat reminds me of a Neptunes style beat, pretty tight. 151 brings heat to yet another track. This is another pretty solid track. 8/10

11. Thug It Up - featuring Don P. and Tiffany- This is a more R&B style beat but it deals with thuggin it up, it’s how life is and they livin’ it up. 151 once again laces the track with flames. The singin’ on the hook was good and Don P came cooh. 8/10

12. All We Know - featuring C-B0 and Cyco- This is another tight ass beat. 151 comes tight and C-Bo and Cyco bring heat to the track as well. 8/10

13. Hustla Prayer - featuring Ridah- This is another tight song. I’m feelin the beat. 151 came tight and spit some real shit and Ridah came with heat as well. Another solid track on the album. 8/10

14. Action Packed - featuring Laroo- The beat is all right, I’m not really feelin it too much. Once again 151 spit straight heat but I was expecting more from Laroo. He came all right but I thought it would be better. 7/10

15. Let's Get Paid- This song has a tight beat. It’s got a real good groove to it. 151 laces this track with tight licks again. The singing in the background I could have done without, but once it gets to the hook its tight. Another solid track. 8/10

16. Back 2 Back - featuring Mob Figaz- This is another tight song. I haven’t heard a lot from the Mob Figaz but I’m diggin what I heard on this track. 151 comes sick on this song as well. 8/10

17. Mello Gangsta- This is a mellow beat with a smooth flow from 151. This is another solid track on the album. 151 comes tight again. 8/10

18. WWIII (outro)- Tight outro. Features Lac of Respect. They all came tight. 9/10

Overall Rating: 8/10. Usually I don’t get into the commercial/gangsta style westcoast rap but 151 surprised me with a real tight album. This is one of the best albums that came out in 2003 in my opinion. If you don’t got it, COP IT.

May 10, 2002
Theres only 4 tracks i really like
#4, 8 (even though its recycled), 12, and 14.
In my opinion there was too many soft songs or slow songs whatever you want to consider them even though it shows he can be versatile or whatever but who buys his album besides the hardcore/knocken beats wanting crowd?

#12 BY THE WAY REMINDS ME DAMN NEAR OF A DRE BEAT OR SOME SHIT, THIS TRACK ALONE MADE THE ALBUM WORTH GETTING.

Feb 19, 2003
CODE OF DA STREET--DOPE!

Dope CD that seems to get better each time I hear it--although I think that the best w/ 151 is yet to come (on any future solos that he drops).

PEACE!

May 13, 2002
3/5 on a good day.....but usually a 2.5/5 at best

NOW if homie was backd by the old classic awol mobb asss beats......it be a 10 out of 5

real type

Apr 25, 2002
damn D, u hella hard to please mayne......u seem to be really really stuck on the music from back in the mid late 90s...dont get me wrong, alot of albums havent came through like i thaught they should, but this album is easily an 8/8.5-10.......i mean, the shit is knock........have u really soaked this in yet, or just skim through it.......paranoid, mello gangsta, all i ever wanted 2, game over, its like that, hustlas prayer, all sick.........not to mention the intro is tight as fuck..........give the new music a chance mayne.....stay up

May 10, 2002
^^^ I REALLY SOAKED THIS ALBUM IN AND D MENACE IS RIGHT ON, IT ONLY HAS 4 TIGHT TRACKS THE ONES I NAMED IN MY EARLIER POST AND MY THOUGHTS WILL NOT CHANGE, THIS ALBUM IS A DISSAPOINTMENT TO ME.

D

Downunda-Connec

I knock this album through from start to finish. I think this is the best thing WCM dropped since their first release 'Enemy of the state'. Every track on this album is good.

Everyone likes the old school Awol sound but it is over. Everyone moves on but remembers the old days, do the same.

Apr 25, 2002
Playa510 said:
^^^ I REALLY SOAKED THIS ALBUM IN AND D MENACE IS RIGHT ON, IT ONLY HAS 4 TIGHT TRACKS THE ONES I NAMED IN MY EARLIER POST AND MY THOUGHTS WILL NOT CHANGE, THIS ALBUM IS A DISSAPOINTMENT TO ME.
man u werent feelin paranoid or mello gangsta? those were definitly the top 2 tracks on the album, and u werent feelin um? huh, different strokes for different folks i guess.

May 10, 2002
THEM BEATS ARE COO' AT FIRST TO ME BUT LIKE ON PARANOID ANOTHER PART OF THE BEAT AFTER BOUT 30 SECONDS FROM THE START KICKS IN THAT I JUST THINK SOUNDS GAY. AND ON MELLO GANGSTA I JUST GOT SICK OF IT QUICK, I LIKED IT THEN THOUGHT IT SOUNDED LIKE TO MUCH OF A LAID BACK TRACK, CANT REALLY THINK OF ANY THING ELSE RIGHT NOW TO DESCRIBE IT.

Feb 14, 2004
I liked "Chop It Up", "Hustlas Prayer", "Mello Gangsta", and "Paranoid"...those are my top favorite tracks, but the others were good too. i'd give it an 8 easily.

Dec 18, 2002
i agree w/ menace, some things wouldve stuck out more w/ tight ass beats like ones from "til my casket drops" and "fear no fate"...151's voice fits those better

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
www.vvsent.com
I APPRECIATE ALL THA FEEDBACK.....IMMA BE RIGHT BACK AT YALL WIT SOME MO OF IT...I CANT PLEASE EVERYBODY..BUT THA REAL GANGSTAZ AND THUGZ IZ ALWAYZ GONNA FEEL ME,CUZ IM REAL,AND WHEN A REAL NIGGA HEAR ANOTHER REAL NIGGA,THEY KNOW....SO......THERE THAT IZ....

COP THAT 151 PRESENTS...LAC OF RESPECT "GAME MEMBERS"...THATS MY GROUP ALBUM....1

Dec 21, 2002
Just copped 151's album right after I copped LAC OF RESPECT.........I'm feeling 151's cd. but yall need to cop tha LAC CD FA SHO and peep tha track "DIRTY SOUTH" that shit is the KNOCK!!!! SHIT, THE WHOLE ALBUM IS.........REAL TALK..........1