Yamaha Motif ES 8 & Roland Fantom X 8 (Kontakt format)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
What do you guys think about these two keyboards in Kontakt format or any format for that matter? Have anyone of you tried them, decent quality? I suppose all the waveforms are mapped out for each instrument. :cool:

Just wondering because I just seen these two available on the internetz for download. Their multi-GB downloads though, 4.67 GB for Fantom X8 & 7.07 GB for Yamaha Motif ES8.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I have the X6 and ES6 and the only difference between the 8's are the number of keys and the weight of them. The problem with those type of sounds, based on what I've heard with my own ears, is the difference between the converters in those boards and the fact some, or even most, of the patches don't have all the tones/elements turned on. So you may be getting the sounds from a fantom or es, but you aren't getting the "sound" they are capable of reproducing.

But try it out man, you can never have too many sounds so go ahead and fuck with it.

Apr 25, 2002
What Heresy said is absolutely true. I think people forget or just don't realize that the 'sound' is the result of the entire system, not just the samples/synth used to produce the instrument.