suggestions on Vintage synths???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I'm looking for something to drag around on the road, and hopefully get some good sounds that my new synths can't replicate... so i'm not looking to spend hella money on a moog.

Have any body had experience with:

Alpha Juno

Yamaha DX-7

Korg dw8000

Ensoniq EPS (only thing about this is I need to come up on disks)

so far I'm leading to the Juno... hopefully someone has worked with something vintage - or has a suggestion. Thanks

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Thanks... only reason I'm shying away from Roland is cause I have a X6, with the ultimate key expansion... The Juno might not give me much diveristy (but I like the work flow of roland)

That Korg wavestation looks pretty fun to make some crazy patches with

ESP would be awesome, but I really don't think I have the time to find, and input all the voice and samples

I guess i'ma go off of the best deal I can find haha

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
I currently use both the Alpha Juno 2 and the EPS that you mentioned. I love both machines. The EPS is my main machine I sequence and sample with it. The juno is cool for leads and bass if u get into programming it. Neither of them are that similar tho. The EPS is a striaght up sampler in the same sense as the Asr 10 it actually works like an asr. To get the most out of that juno u will likely want to program on it. The DX 7s are dope but a bitch to program. Ive never touched that korg joint.

Apr 26, 2006
That DX7 is classic. Too bad FM synthesis is so hard to program. Bass sounds are dope with FM synthesis.

I think I'd rather go with some subtractive synth though for ease of programming. Or Native Instruments FM8 for FM.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I'm not trippen on programming. I have a midi controller that I will map all the filters/osc/ ect to and do that shit fast and efficiently (great for these vintage boards) get some nasty sounds

I rarely use presets (as all good producers should)

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
Im not sure if u can slave the midi parameters to a midi controller with this joint. If you can please inform me how. I have owned mine for 2 and a half years and have always programmed it manually. And presets are great I love a preset lol. Then again I don't use many keyboard sounds because I mainly sample.