Studio Monitors!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
What monitors are good and not TOO EXPENSIVE? I had a pair of M-Audio Bx8a deluxe monitors, but they are gone now. I'm looking for something better to put in a small room. The Bx8a's sounded GOOD, but I think they were overkill for the setup (not to mention the bass reference kinda blew), 'cause the speakers knocked, but the tracks didn't when they were put into other stereos. So it was kind of a false bass.

All ideas are welcome...I need to cop something new sometime soon.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Oct 20, 2008
im hearin good things about the krk RP5 or RP8 rokits. If you got a small room though go with the 5's. I got the bx8a's right now and you are on the money with the bass response, its sucks unless your in a treated room. Price is comparable to the m-audio.

Apr 25, 2002
im hearin good things about the krk RP5 or RP8 rokits. If you got a small room though go with the 5's. I got the bx8a's right now and you are on the money with the bass response, its sucks unless your in a treated room. Price is comparable to the m-audio.
I went with the Bx5a Deluxe monitors. Went down to guitar center looking for the RP5's, they didn't have 'em...but I checked 'em in the sound room and I liked the Bx's better. THEN, to my fuckin' surprise, the motherfuckers were on sale for $199 a pair.

Apr 26, 2006
$199? that's very good for a pair.

I might have to get myself some.

My cousin has the KRK Rockit 5's and I do like the way they sound in this room. I haven't heard those Bx5a's though.

Apr 25, 2002
$199? that's very good for a pair.

I might have to get myself some.

My cousin has the KRK Rockit 5's and I do like the way they sound in this room. I haven't heard those Bx5a's though.
Yea, I like both pairs...they both sound nice. Had they had the Rokit 5's in stock, I probably would have copped a pair without stepping foot in the sound room...but since they didn't have 'em, I needed to compare them to other monitors to make sure. I liked the 5a sound, I needed monitors like last week, and the price was really unfuckwitable...lol...so I snatched 'em up. They sound good in the room I use, too.