Stereo Mix on laptop with Vista

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2007
I've always used this feature to record things with Audacity or Wavepad but I know they removed it from Vista because of DRM issues or something related. Does anyone know if there is a way of a program,hack, or something that acts like the stereo mixer feature?

Apr 26, 2006
Go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, Recording tab, right click in empty area of the box and select "Show Disabled Devices."

A "Stereo Mix" option should now pop up, select it, click on Properties and select "Use this device (enabled)" from drop down menu.

Now your set and you can adjust any other options if you like. :cool:

*You can right click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and select "Recording Devices" to skip going through the control panel menus.*

Using stereo mix is cool for sampling shit from the internet.

Mar 13, 2007
Go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, Recording tab, right click in empty area of the box and select "Show Disabled Devices."

A "Stereo Mix" option should now pop up, select it, click on Properties and select "Use this device (enabled)" from drop down menu.

Now your set and you can adjust any other options if you like. :cool:

*You can right click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and select "Recording Devices" to skip going through the control panel menus.*

Using stereo mix is cool for sampling shit from the internet.
I tried that before but no stereo mix option shows up, thanks for the info though. I'll try that second thing you posted.