rewire into logic 8 questions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Im really trying to break the logic learning curve over here. I finally figured out the rewireing to an extent but its causing latency issues. i fiddled with the midi settings in logic and it really didnt seem to change much, any tips buffer settings maybe?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
anybody? I'm sure the same concept would apply to protools anyone have any issues getting started rewiring in other daws?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i got it to work but theres latency, maybe because I layed down a bunch of tracks using logics sounds before setting it up maybe. I just want to be able to have drums separated into separate tracks and havn't figured out how to do it using logics drum programmer.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I'm not sure what could be causing your issues...I rewire with no issues all the time.

So you are running Reason into Logic because you haven't figured out Ultrabeat yet? Ultrabeat is dope once you get the hang of it. Here are some nice little tutorials on Ultrabeat for you if you want to learn how to use it. It's powerful...beats the shit out of Reason, IMO!

THE THIRD VIDEO HAS SOME NICE LITTLE TIPS!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
right on sydal, not knowing the ultrabeat but i also like all of my reason sounds and the main reason i got logic was to be able to use all of my stuff in one envrionment.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
right on sydal, not knowing the ultrabeat but i also like all of my reason sounds and the main reason i got logic was to be able to use all of my stuff in one envrionment.
Yea I hear ya. I still fuck with Reason, too...but it's nice to have all options available. I really like Ultrabeat because it let's you manipulate the shit out of your sounds. I still don't have it down completely myself, but it's a good tool to have...especially once you start getting the hang of it.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^i didn't se that edit , thanks. I havn't used logic for recording audio, i've only done midi stuff with it so far. I have a pretty new imac with 2 gigs of ram do i need to jump to 4?

Oct 20, 2008
I would recommend 4. Most music pc's will be pushing 4 gigs of ram. That might help with the problem but there are some latency settings in there somewhere that should fix it up.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^i didn't se that edit , thanks. I havn't used logic for recording audio, i've only done midi stuff with it so far. I have a pretty new imac with 2 gigs of ram do i need to jump to 4?
NO, this isn't a ram problem, this is a problem with your software configuration. I have 2 gigs of ram in my pc, no hang ups or nothing like that even when I'm running Pro Tools and a gang of plugs. With the midi stuff are you recording midi or just monitoring the signal? From what I understand your interface has zero latency monitoring, so if you're getting stuck notes, late notes, etc while actually playing it's definately a software config problem.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I think i need to re setup in a new logic project from scratch rather than do stuff mid project, alot of the preferences in logic are disabled once in rewire mode