recording/signal problem helppp

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2005
windows 7
8 gigs ram

focusrite saffire pro 24 firewire

not really sure whats going on... the mic is picking up audio. but alot of static/distortion even with the gain all the way down. mayby its the chain of connection or a driver issue. i dont know. any help would be great.

May 4, 2005
thanks hersey. switching the buffers in the daw got rid of that distortion i was hearing.

so im running head phones out of the interface.. so while recording the playback is only in the right channel? is there a way to fix that?

May 4, 2005
i just noticed its not only in 1 channel but the playback sounds panned 80-90 to the right. mayby its the headphone adapter.

when i switch back to my monitor speakers its back to the middle. ive got alot of reading to do probably. right now im messing with reaper... leanin towards picking up studio one or mayby cubase and going from there.

thanks for helping me wit the distortion/latency problem.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
It could be the headphone adapter. I know with my sony earphones, if I use the wrong adapter/jack, it sums to the middle and is no longer in stereo. Try a different jack but also make sure your routing in your daw is configured properly. Also, the saffire has its own routing matrix/configuration screen (seperate from the daw) so make sure you check it and make corrections if need be.

No problem on helping you out, fam.