Reason 5 and Record 1.5

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^agreed recycle should be a just ingrained into reason/record and not be a stand alone program, at the very least they aughta upgrade recycle so you can record directly into it. I'm definatly fucking with reason 5 and record is looking ore and more appealing, add plug in support and it would be an easy sale

That Kong looks off the hook, the neptune looks dope in record. I like the block concept in a way thats how i've already been doing things anyways

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
the live sampling will be super useful, any word on the official release date?

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I think it's towards the end of the year, I signed up for the beta a bit late, I wanted to fuck with the kong

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
now if they allowed plugin support and more midi capabilities I'd pick up record as well. That neptune vocal manipulator looks like a fun tool to play with

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
now if they allowed plugin support and more midi capabilities I'd pick up record as well. That neptune vocal manipulator looks like a fun tool to play with
If you paid for Reason and buy Record right now until the end of the summer you get both the upgrade to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 for free. The 2 for 1 is enough for me to buy Record. But don't excpet to get plug in support. Theres no real need for it anyway if you know how to work the fx

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^True nothing wrong with the FX in reason, I never use reason it in rewire mode anyways because the slight latency i experience bugs the shit out of me still getting the hang out of using it that way. Not too big on the quirkyness of logics sequencer to be honest when using aux tracks. I dont have a ton of VSTs the main things i use are reason and Maschine both in standalone mode. Record for reason owners is only 150 bucks I wouldn't mind having that virtual SSL board on top of these new features. If Record accepts the drag and drop audio features and Midi out of Maschine I would be set in record. I just got a control surface and that shit would be hella fun to use with all those knobs and faders in record!

I heard alot of claims that Record is a dream to use as opposed to some of the other mainstream DAWs and it sounds great. I've been wanting to fuck with it

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
The only reason I've never fucked with Reason (no pun intended) is the lack of plugin support...I mean whats their logic behind this? They could have the producers wet dream if they just made that happen

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
^True nothing wrong with the FX in reason, I never use reason it in rewire mode anyways because the slight latency i experience bugs the shit out of me still getting the hang out of using it that way. Not too big on the quirkyness of logics sequencer to be honest when using aux tracks. I dont have a ton of VSTs the main things i use are reason and Maschine both in standalone mode. Record for reason owners is only 150 bucks I wouldn't mind having that virtual SSL board on top of these new features. If Record accepts the drag and drop audio features and Midi out of Maschine I would be set in record. I just got a control surface and that shit would be hella fun to use with all those knobs and faders in record!

I heard alot of claims that Record is a dream to use as opposed to some of the other mainstream DAWs and it sounds great. I've been wanting to fuck with it
download the demo and check it out its free

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
The only reason I've never fucked with Reason (no pun intended) is the lack of plugin support...I mean whats their logic behind this? They could have the producers wet dream if they just made that happen
stability first and foremost. Reason is the most stable music program on the market because it doesn't have to worry about how other companies code their shit. And really its not like plug ins are a must have. If you know how to use fx you can do the job in just Reason and be good. I've made a lot of sounds that are similar to those in vsts directly in Reason its just knowing how to make them.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
I'd rather just rewire and add effects in Nuendo, but I gotta get my Reason game sharp. Been usin modules for so long, I been sleepin heavy on it

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
rewire is too finicky lol, i don't know how to describe it. In every daw i used, if you move the position marker to a different place in the song, the position marker starts doing some weird glitchy stuff. I dunno, that's my only gripe with rewire. Also having a synchronized precount is tricky too.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i love working in reason, I could make that fake mackie mixer inside sound pretty clean. I wanna see if they hit the head on the SSL sound emulation on that record mixer