questions for beat makers about snare in this instrumental

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRVMFdRToE4

any of yall have a clue exactly how to make this hard snare if i need a mixer or any kind of racks and keyboard-- i own a yamaha motif es 6 but of course that is mainly for new age music im fucking with that old school sound for a few albums coming out but i cant seem 2 get this particular snare its hard ass fuck any ideas? and no its not a lil rob beat who ever put up the tracklisting is a dumbass--by the way i posted this in the beat shop already i just posted it here 2 cuz hela muthafuckas look at the open forum thanks................

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
why don't you just sample that snare?

its probably a combo of like a clap with altered pitch and reverb, and just doubled up with a more live like snare... my analog drum machine can make those type of claps.

It is not uncommon to hear a drum part you like, edit it out, and use it as your own in your beats.

yea that snare sounds like dated southern cali rap though...

Mar 13, 2007
I got about 4 variations of that same snare;they all sound almost exactly as that snare. and I think Cricket(SD) made that beat for Royal-T.

Mar 22, 2004
its almost like the old school battlecat clap snare, I think it came from an old roland board, but like someone else said, you can just stack a snare and a clap and play with the tuning on both and you should be able to make it, or sample it

Apr 26, 2006
Yup, layer a snare and clap together. It can be more than just one clap and snare, experiment. Add some compression too for that added SLAP and so they glue nicely together. :cool: Also experiment with pitching your claps and snares, sometimes you have to lower or higher them. That oldschool sound is kinda of a lower pitched hit.