QUESTION ABOUT PRO T00LS LE...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Da Gu

Sicc OG
Apr 10, 2006
EY WAS GOOD FAMILIA? HAD A QUICK QUESTION 4 YALL. IM CURRENTLY USING A MXL 4000 CONDENSER MIC WIT A TASCAM US122-L INTERFACE WIT MIXCRAFT/COOL EDIT PRO...BUT I'VE BIN WANTING TO UPGRADE TO PRO TOOLS N THE MBOX 2...

ONLY PROBLEM IS I KEEP HEARING IT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO RUN PRO TOOLS LE SOFTWARE IF YOU ARE INSTALLIN IT ON A COMPUTER WIT WINDOWS VISTA(WHICH I HAVE) SO MY QUESTION IS DO ANY OF YOU KNOW IF IT IS PERFECTLY COMPATIBLE WITH VISTA? IT SAYS SO ON THE SPECS REQUIRED BUT YET I STILL FIND SUM REVIEWS SAYIN IT IS NOT VERY COMPATIBLE..

THE COMPUTER I HAVE IS A HP PAVILION WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM

HERES DA LINK 2 DA BUNDLE IM PURCHASING

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-Pro-Tools-Mbox-2-Factory-Package?sku=702527

IF ANY OF YALL COULD HELP I'D APPRECIATE IT. THANKS

Apr 10, 2006
HELL YEAH DATS WAT I WAS HOPIN TO HEAR, WHAT KIND OF VISTA IS IT THO? I'VE HEARD THAT IT'LL WORK ON REGULAR VISTA BUT NOT SURE ABOUT "HOME PREMIUM"

Apr 10, 2006
well hooked it up to my comp n shit works fine, its slow sumtimes but i'll just have 2 upgrade my computer wen da time comes. pro tools le 8 is sick tho. great jump from acoustica mixcraft

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
PT dont suck the lower versions suck and if u just use and mbox your fucked. The digital to audio converter is one thing that makes mbox suck but its a dope program. I just dont think it should be callled the standard these days
Exactly! If you want good protools, you have to go all out and grab an HD system if you can...but the MBox series is absolutely horrible.

I'll stick with Logic and the Apogee Duet.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Apr 25, 2002
This isn't true, and for someone who doesn't own a PT setup or have over 2 years experience using the app everyday, you sure do know a lot about it.

http://www.blacklionaudio.com/Modifications/220-270SP+Signature+Series+for+002R+and+003R
I started working on Pro-Tools LE back in 2003...and I have it in my home studio along with Logic Pro. I was also running an MBox before the Apogee was released...and it sucked.

So, yes, I do have quite a bit of experience. I've used the MBox, Digi001, Digi002, and the HD system. And, in my opinion, they all suck except for the HD system. I won't fuck with Protools anymore unless it's the full system. The software, to me, is just overrated. I like what I have a lot better...

How you gonna tell me my opinion on ProTools systems is incorrect? I've used 'em all.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I started working on Pro-Tools LE back in 2003...and I have it in my home studio along with Logic Pro. I was also running an MBox before the Apogee was released...and it sucked.
You're comparing apples to oranges here.

So, yes, I do have quite a bit of experience. I've used the MBox, Digi001, Digi002, and the HD system. And, in my opinion, they all suck except for the HD system. I won't fuck with Protools anymore unless it's the full system. The software, to me, is just overrated. I like what I have a lot better...
You have every right known to man to not want to deal with it and you are well within your right to have opinions. However, since avid/digidesign have a large market share, I'd wager to bet that the general consensus is the program doesn't suck.

How you gonna tell me my opinion on ProTools systems is incorrect? I've used 'em all.
It's obvious you aren't reading what was typed so let me go over this again. You said:

If you want good protools, you have to go all out and grab an HD system if you can.
What did I do? Tell you that is NOT the case and provided you with a link to a company that has grown significantly within the last three years. How does it relate to PT? Hit the link and find out. You absolutely DON'T have to go all out and get an HD system if you want "good protools".

Apr 25, 2002
^^^
Yea I just went and checked out that link...looks like some good shit.

So let me just rephrase what was incorrect in your eyes. In my opinion, one should go grab the HD system if he/she wants to run with PT. BUT, that other shit you showed me looks like a good pickup too.

Good shit.

Yea Cubase is smooth...I used to run with that program. Now I'm on Logic Pro, which is dope in my opinion.

The thing about protools is, it's only REALLY good if you have racks to spend on it.
I use to run Emagic Logic 5. But my comp(vista) wont work with it. I have all my old files on a external harddrive but cant use em since I cant run Logic any more. Imma have to cop a Apple and get logic pro. Does logic pro run old emagic logic 5 files?

Apr 25, 2002
I use to run Emagic Logic 5. But my comp(vista) wont work with it. I have all my old files on a external harddrive but cant use em since I cant run Logic any more. Imma have to cop a Apple and get logic pro. Does logic pro run old emagic logic 5 files?
That I'm not sure about. I'm not too familiar with Emagic Logic 5. Do you still have the old system that you used to run that program? If so, I would go in and bounce each track individually into WAV files. OR, find somebody with a comp that will support the program, load it up, and then bounce it all.

If you have the cake to cop a Mac with Logic Pro though, I would recommend that...if you plan on doing a lot of different things. Logic is an entire production suite that includes music production, film scoring, mastering, surround mastering, etc. etc.

But I would first find out if what you have is compatible with Logic Pro 8.

That I'm not sure about. I'm not too familiar with Emagic Logic 5. Do you still have the old system that you used to run that program? If so, I would go in and bounce each track individually into WAV files. OR, find somebody with a comp that will support the program, load it up, and then bounce it all.

If you have the cake to cop a Mac with Logic Pro though, I would recommend that...if you plan on doing a lot of different things. Logic is an entire production suite that includes music production, film scoring, mastering, surround mastering, etc. etc.

But I would first find out if what you have is compatible with Logic Pro 8.
aight thanks bro apreciate it

^ Save a blank session or a session with like one sound or something. Upload it for someone to possibly open. I'm sure if you hit HOME-E he'll possibly do it for you. Shit, Sydal can you do it for him?
Yea the thing is I only have my working sessions on a bacc up hard drive. Maybe I could send a session to Syndal or Home-E and see if any of the newer versions support version 5. Syndal?