Pro Tools 9

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
The Pro Tools You've Been Asking for Is Here!
You asked, Avid listened! The world's most respected DAW is now packed with exciting features that users like you have been calling for. In fact, it's more powerful and flexible than ever before! Now you can work like the industry's leading professionals by expanding your track count up to an impressive 96 stereo tracks. Plus, thanks to Automatic Delay Compensation in Pro Tools 9 — previously an HD-only feature — you can stack up instances of your favorite plug-ins without ever needing to nudge tracks to get things in sync. What's more, with open support for any audio interface as well as enhanced importing/exporting features, Pro Tools 9 makes it easy for you to collaborate with musicians and engineers in studios all over the globe!

Check Out These Exciting
Pro Tools 9 Features:

Automatic Delay Compensation!
Stack up instances of your favorite plug-ins without ever needing to nudge tracks for perfect phase alignment — it's an absolute time saver!
More Tracks — Up to 96 Audio Tracks!
Take advantage of even more tracks to fill out your sound. Pro Tools 9 supports up to 96 simultaneous audio tracks, so you can put together massive pro sessions!
Works with Any Audio Interface — or Standalone!
You can now use the world's most popular DAW software more flexibly. Pair it with your favorite audio interface or mix on the go using no interface at all!
Multitrack Beat Detective — Now Standard!
Now you can easily analyze, fix, and tighten grooves, so your tracks will sound more polished than ever — something previously only possible through add-on options!
EuCon Support for Euphonix Control Surfaces!
Pair the elegant, time-saving features of the Euphonix Artist Series controllers with the globally respected audio mixing and editing features in Pro Tools! (Find out more about Euphonix control surfaces here.)
And More!
This completely re-architected version of Pro Tools features enhanced video support, helpful features for easy DAW collaboration, MP3 export, and more!

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/pt9/

I may get it just because I can use it now without having to buy another interface, auto delay compensation sounds awesome!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
PT is a hell of alot easier to use in logic but at least i know i won't have to deal with any new bugs if i stick with logic. I heard drag and drop audio in maschine was in issue with pro tools 8

Jun 23, 2004
I bought it and dont like it as much as pro tools 8. The main problem is the Ilok neccesary to validate the program. Is Pro tools in general just unable to play VSTs? I know it uses RTA's, but is it that they just cant do it. or that they choose not to make it capable? Always wondered this.

Jun 23, 2004
Being not able to do it and choosing not able to do it is the same thing. However, you can use vst's in pro tools.

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=15
Damn thanks I spaced out on this program, Vst to RTas. They also make Vst to DX plugins to anybody whos still running old shit. What I meant to say was is the capability of the pro tools "system" in general unable to play unconverted VST's, Or do they not because of financial reasons or something. Anyway I dont care anymore since u reminded me of fxpansions program, thanks man

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Damn thanks I spaced out on this program, Vst to RTas. They also make Vst to DX plugins to anybody whos still running old shit. What I meant to say was is the capability of the pro tools "system" in general unable to play unconverted VST's, Or do they not because of financial reasons or something. Anyway I dont care anymore since u reminded me of fxpansions program, thanks man
It's a choice designed to lock people out and force the use of their products.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I've been playing with Pro-Tools a lot more lately to see if I can understand the hype surrounding it, and so far I just don't understand....I never have. IMO, Logic murders PT...it's just a more user-friendly program. The plug-ins are solid, editing is easy, simple quick-swipe comping frees up a bunch of time, sampling is simple. I've used PT plenty of times, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
I've been playing with Pro-Tools a lot more lately to see if I can understand the hype surrounding it, and so far I just don't understand....I never have. IMO, Logic murders PT...it's just a more user-friendly program. The plug-ins are solid, editing is easy, simple quick-swipe comping frees up a bunch of time, sampling is simple. I've used PT plenty of times, but it just doesn't do it for me.
I "grew up" using Pro Tools and don't really know anything else besides Pro Tools. I don't use any of the built in plug-ins (very rarely). Im sure logic shits on pt in that respect. Its the industry standard and for the most part "most" people record on it. This makes my job of mixing tracks easier when there brought or sent to me so Im glad I use it.

As far as PT9, I see now difference from the jump from 7.3 I made except having unlimited tracks which is really nice. No more compromising track counts or importing a mixed down "beat" on to a session with just vocal tracks. I do think the program responds faster as well and mixed down files sound a little "warmer" to me. I did just get a new brand new mac, jbl moniotrs, and some new plugins though so thats prolly whats accounting for the performance improvements.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Its the industry standard and for the most part "most" people record on it. This makes my job of mixing tracks easier when there brought or sent to me so Im glad I use it.
Yea, the one thing that does suck is having to bounce shit to take it to another studio. The good thing is, I can just import everything into PT prior to an appointment so I don't waste anybody's time. When people bring me a PT session, I usually put all the files into Logic and mix the song there.

I know a lot of folks who love PT...and I'm starting to hear of more folks running both. Hopefully that number will increase in the future.