Presonus Studio One V2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
^ It isn't built on top of 10+yrs of code like the others you just named, which can be beneficial in the stability department...

also it's the only the one out of those 4 to feature a truly gapless audio engine..

That being said, it lacks some of the extra features that other more mature DAWs have; but being only at the 2nd version, it's catching fast..

Oct 10, 2009
what good about this program vs pro tool, cubase, sonar, logic ect?
I swooped up a interface from presonus & it came with studio one I wasnt sure if i was even going to use it but, I said fuck it & put it on the pc anyway plus it came with 7 packs of sounds, a few vst's, etc. imo its really easy to use, & anything you need help with is right on there website only thing I dont like about it is you cannot playback tracks threw the program without the interface plugged in via usb

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
I've been getting down with V2 for the last couple days... all I can say is WOW.. for mixing this thing is a beast!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
right now sweetwater is selling the full versian of studio one for 319 bucks. I'm thinking about copping, this program looks sick

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I went ahead and took the plunge on this, copping the crossgrade. the tutorials on youtube make it seem like a real sleak, feature packed , and easy to use program that i can use on both os. I cant wait! gotta love tax refunds!

Feb 8, 2003
yeah i been fucking with this ever since v.1 dropped.I like it better then fruity, reasons and pro tools. to me the mix sounds more smooth. One thing i wanted to know though is can you rig a way to record voczals on here and if so how do they sound?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^its a full fledged DAW so I'm sure theeres gotta be some youtube videos out there showing people how to arm recording interfaces to send in audio. It looks real plug and play and drag and drop. I bought it because the feature per dollar ratio and the ease of use the tutorials on it made it appear to be. One would usually spend 500 bucks and up for this much stuff in one package. I was going to get reason 6 but i also wanted plug in support. I let you know how it goes, school just started for me so it might be summer before i get deep into the program.

Feb 8, 2003
^its a full fledged DAW so I'm sure theeres gotta be some youtube videos out there showing people how to arm recording interfaces to send in audio. It looks real plug and play and drag and drop. I bought it because the feature per dollar ratio and the ease of use the tutorials on it made it appear to be. One would usually spend 500 bucks and up for this much stuff in one package. I was going to get reason 6 but i also wanted plug in support. I let you know how it goes, school just started for me so it might be summer before i get deep into the program.

I found the tutorial on hhow to record vocals and accoutic on it. even though the video was for v.1 u can do the same on v.2. imma try it this evening and see if its quality sound vocals.

[video=youtube;bcEKXC4cEOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcEKXC4cEOs[/video]

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I can't wait to mess with it, seems like they took the best out of the competition and put it all in an easy to use format

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
does anyone use maschine with this software? it doesnt see it in the vst menu along with several of my other plugins. i even reinstalled maschine, so far nothing.

So far this program seems to be geared more towards recording audio, the midi sequencing is kind of qwirky. I like software that lets the last midi note hang off the loop and will quantize to the beginning of the loop, I hope there is some adjustment that will do this. So far i do not like how it quantizes midi events, I will highlight something and it quantizes everything in the track. i am also having issues getting the installed 3rd party software to work. I have just been diddling with it at this point trying to get everything to work right. there isnt as many tutorials on this software on the net as opposed to the competition so i have my work cut out for me.

Feb 8, 2003
am also having issues getting the installed 3rd party software to work..

to use 3rd party instruments . look on the side where it says browser and drag the instrument you wnat from the list into the track u want it to be on then you can play the instrument using your midi keyboard and record real time

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
My instruments and effects arent in the browser, just the internal stuff from presonus and the 3rd party stuff that came bundled with the daw lke melodyne and komplete elements. I use analog factory and it shows in there but maschine doesnt. I also have rob papin predator which does show but crashes the software when i try to use it. my effects plugins from izotope work in there.

I can say that it sounds really good and presonus's internal effects are top notch, i just need to work out the bugs and learn the sequencer. otherwise i think in time im going to get alot of use out of this program

i also have a novation control surface ive been trying to get to work in s1 as well

Feb 8, 2003
did you try to refresh your browser or save all the instreuments in that steinberg folder? I cant ask my nigga about it for you bc he set mine up whats all the instruments that your having trouble with showing up?