Pawn Shops

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2009
Today I stopped by a local pawn shop they had some hella deals I played around with a Juno-G that muhfucka was in perfect condition for $599.00 They also have a roland 16 multitrack recorder for $199.00 :eek: I might see if they'll come off em both for about 650.00 700.00 I really dont need the multitrack but shit I can flip it, It has a cd-r burner drive to.. I never really checked pawn shops didnt think they ever really had shit like that Ima have to keep my eyes peel'd

EDIT: that juno-g is a dope lil synth Its not complicated at all nice & simple Ive never fucked with it before & I have some shit going in the pawn shop lol I like that built in arpeggeator (sp) its dope as fuck & that d-beam is cold if you use it right with diff. sounds I deff. wanna try & grab that even though i dont need it cuz the motif & reason, but shit an extra synth cant hurt

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Juno-G are legit, pretty much a fantom without the sampler

pawn shops normally just have shitty stuff around my area

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
Juno-G are legit, pretty much a fantom without the sampler

pawn shops normally just have shitty stuff around my area
and no sequencer. honestly imo save some dough and get a xv 2080 or a roland xp 80 60 or 30. same sounds. i have a xp 30 and i got mine for $500 including tax a year and half ago. I am trying to sell it actually because I don't use it. Great sounds but I'm mainly a sample producer if anyone wants it I am letting it go for $400. Still in excellent shape and it has all of the sounds from the Juno G installed.

Oct 20, 2008
If you go to the right ones you get some crazy good deals on equipment. I got a set of electric drums in NC for $500, brain, cables, pads and the stands. That was about 3-4 years ago so that was a real good deal. Also picked up some good mics at some pawn shops in Indiana. Gotta remember they pay a lot less for the shit they have so talk them down.

Oct 10, 2009
yep it does have a 16 track sequencer

THIS IS THE EXACT ONE I WAS LOOKIN AT

also midi & usb & I read it can be used in most daws plus i might be getting it free, my grandma moved just dipped n got an appartment & said fuck her house so the bank is foreclosing but will settle for 10,000 my pops was going to buy it but she told him if he can sell it he can keep the cash he has a meeting with someone interested for 20,000 he said if he gets that he will give me, my brother, & sister 500 a piece so Ima grab that, cant wait, cuz my other shit Motif,new pc, protools, reason etc. I cant get till i get my lawsuit money so I can have some shit/beats ready for all that & right some tracks to be ready to rec that shit,,,,

DOES IT HAVE DRUM KITS & SHIT ALSO I KNOW IT HAS PIANO,STRINGS HORNS ETC..

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I think you will be able to make dope beats on that... just tweak the presets. If it has a sequencer, it probably has drum kits. I think Roland's have dope synth lead/basses/keys/ep's ...

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
Pawn shops here in Nashville aint got good deals on shit
It depends on when and where you go. The Pawn shops on Gallatin Rd. usually have some decent equipment. It helps to know someone that works there. They can call you to let you know when the good stuff comes in and you may be able to get it before they put it out on the floor.

Oct 10, 2009
I was just checkin out the expansions their high as hell like 250 each.... QUESTION are the expansion boards worth it... I was thinking out grabbing Platnum Trax first but I dont want no loops just one shots & sounds... Also looking at the Ultimate Keys expansion.. Also to install them do I just send my juno-g to the ex. supplier like Sweet Water ??

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I have the Platinum Trax installed in my Fantom-X. There are a lot of useful one shot sounds, not too many loops, and an overall good expansion board. You won't need to send it out to install the card(s) as you can install them yourself by unscrewing the place where the cards go and installing them.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
I pawned hella shit @ the one on 1st & Santa Clara in S.J. - Along w/ all the ones on 6th street in S.F.

Dope fiend times. Funny you kick the shit and forget they exist , Im bout to go BUY something instead of selling.

Dam I was a desperate piece of shit then ! I sold some good fishing poles.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I have the ultimate keys expansion for my roland, I love it for the old school organs... next up is probably either the Dance or Platinum Trax, I heard they're both good - a lot of people lean toward the Platinum Trax being best for rap beats.