New MPC Type Hardware

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
It might be a good product but there's nothing about it that excites me or makes me want to try it out. I'm not exactly impressed by selling points such as "Sleek design and styling with customizable “Paintz” and “Grillz”" either.

I'm sure some people will think it's the baddest thing out, and others will look at it as a joke. If it works for you, that's the bottom line.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
their whole advertizing scheme is really corny, spec wise is looks pretty close to an mpc 500 though maybe even a tad better.

You can get paint jobs and skins for MPCs too you know, the custom jobs are pretty expensive though not really worth it IMO. The skins are kinda cool though even if it is just a 75 dollar sticker you wrap around your MP lol. I was thinking about swooping a custom MPC 1000 with a skin loaded up with a HD with loaded samples and a new pad set.

Mar 17, 2006
It might be a good product but there's nothing about it that excites me or makes me want to try it out. I'm not exactly impressed by selling points such as "Sleek design and styling with customizable “Paintz” and “Grillz”" either.

I'm sure some people will think it's the baddest thing out, and others will look at it as a joke. If it works for you, that's the bottom line.

Some BeatKangz company reps are getting into it on HArmony Central over their product. The "Kangz" come off unprofessional to me but in between them engaging in petty war with the regulars at HC, they're dropping a lot more about the featuresand its soudning pretty good. The question is, did it/will it rreally show up at NAMM or is it vaporware?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2206873

In-between all the shittalking with the regulars at HC, they post some good shit, here's some highlights:

xoeo

Posts: 590 Is this a joke??Someone actually named their company beat kangz???

xoeo
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by xoeo

01-11-2009, 02:18 AM #8
BEATKANGZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will soon see this is no Joke.....

Yes we are the Beat Kangz and no this is no DR 880. It will have 4 times the memory of an MPC 5000, more preset sounds than a roland Fantom. More drum kits or preset beats than any drum machine in history. Yeah only midi in and out but umm..... USB IN AND OUT used in some interesting ways. Yes only 16 tracks but each kit has 8 banks and you dont have to separate your drums on separate tracks anymore since you will be able to mute and solo pads..... so really each pad in a bank is a track so whats 13pads x 8banks per kit x 16 tracks? 1664 i think

2 headphone jacks...

built in Battery for mobile use...

No need for allot of outputs. USB 2.0 is pretty powerful these days and can carry allot of audio....

No more loading your samples into Ram. Everything on the SD's is availible in realtime..... So are all your kits and patterns. Upto 16gigs in each slot and as soon as the new 32gig cards and drivers come out we'll ad support for that too. So that would be 64gigs on SD cards

Tempo sync Delay, Mastering, Reverb, Filters and tons of other weird FX
Also we plan to open our FX section to 3rd party developers so sky is the limit. Can you say VST

Perfect integration with mac or PC.

Custom Paint. Any Color LED's, Custom Grillz

Did i mention that each pad can have 16 layers with independent pitch, cut off res, pan, velocity, vol and a single pad can be spread across a whole keyboard with Loop points so you can sample synths strings or anything and turn it into multi layered patches.

Tons more feautures that will make you piss your pants but i'll tell ya later.

Has Akai been very responsive to your requests for features and updates?

We plan to be open to your ideas...... We are not a huge corporate venture we just have a really good team.

Not trying to be cocky but you dont even know the hell we went through to make this happen. Try to make a beat machine from scratch.... It aint easy and the industry is filled with crooks and thieves who thrive off the ideas of young inventors.

I digress

Our Machine will be Working at Namm so come check it out close to the roland booth.

And if you got a problem with tha KANGZ "xoeo" come down to tha south and let us put you up on Thangz
www.beatkangz.com

A.J.A
prez of tha KANGZ makers of them Thangz

------------------------

BEATKANGZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beat Thang Specs: You wanted more info here ya go

2 SD Card Slots that will hold 32Gig each with no load times

USB Connects to any Hard drive, USB keys can also be read and write to

256 MB Ram Stock!

512 Flash for user content on board. Higher if its a custom order

Stereo Mic Line input with Phantom Power

Midi In and Out

USB in and out

Stereo output (Export your tracks to .Wav ) outs can be resampled

Foot Switch

Long Life Rechargeable Battery

16bit 44.1

Sampling, and Resampling of outputs

70mins onboard Tons if you have SD cards

Sequencer:

More notes than we can count at 96PPQ

1000 sequences
500 songs

Individual Bar Length which can be changed in real time even while recording.

Quantize and Swing can be changed in real-time to.

All your Songs, Sequences, Beats, Kits, Patches, Samples and settings that are on your SD cards are always there and show up just like the presets.

13 Pads with Velocity
8 Pad banks per track
16 Tracks

Pad and Track mute and Solo

Mixer with level control FX send, Pan, Pitch Automation, Filter and EQ Automation per Track including (Low Pass, Band Pass, Hi pass, Low Shelf, High Shelf and Notch, Automated Q control to)

Dynamic Kit and Patch creator which is easy and to use. Samples can all have categories (Kicks, Snares Hats etc) App for converting your own samples into the categories and the ability to create your own.

16 Layers per PAD with velocity, pan, pitch ,cut off, res and volume control

Can create multilayerd patches that span a keyboard from one pad or multiple. Each bank can have a different patch (keys and bass or drums and synth )

FX: REVERB, Tempo Sync Delay, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Rec noise and lo fi, Reverse record, Chopped and Screw'd tube emulation and more. Will be open to 3rd parties

Mastering with 4 band eq and brick wall limiting with gain control

Preset Sounds.....

Grimy dirty stuff and hi res nice clean samples. We recorded strings in
bad ass studios and there are tons of new string chops, Horns and Brass, a ton of Flutes,

Hundreds of new Electric and acoustic guitar patches and chops from WestBound and Motown guitarist LEROY EMMANUEL lmtconnection dot com

Hundreds of New hits and stabs, Crazy sweeps and twisted FX. More Kicks snares and hats than you can count in all genres and different qualities, Vox

REAL BEAT BOX by Chesney Snow

Bass by NADIR distortedsoul

Every Sound a Tabla can make with accurate traditional names
Extensive Latin and African Percussion
Keys ,synths, Old detuned pianos and electric pianos,
Vibes, and organs,

2 Screw holes so it Swangz from a chain

Custom Paint jobs and can custom LED colors

Every Key Lights so you can work in the DARK.

Tons more but im tired of typing.

Ok ok one more lil thing there will be a crazy computer APP too.... Details on that later (Yes it will have a kit builder with drag and drop)

Sound to good to be True well come see us at Namm. For those who cant make it we'll film it.

We value your feedback and the MP killa talk is Squashed.... For NOW

We just wanted to get your attention.... And it worked

We plan to hire our users to help run the company as we grow and will promote people by talent and drive. We will host Battles and offer cash prizes that will be huge..... We will sign talent and help you get your companies and dreams going if we can help.

Whether you want or need a new machine we are all in this together so Help us make this Thang Bang and keep Beat Machine music alive....... Like we said we are doing this for you.

The price will be reasonable considering we threw everything in and the kitchen sink. Less than a mp2500

I know Corporate Bloggers when i meet them. Beware what you read on any blogs the Enemy lurks everywhere. These companies have bloggers on staff who will say anything to keep the stat quo and freeze out competition.

Thank you for the thousands of emails in a few days with support and positive feedback....

We are gonna make you a great product and always support you in more ways than just with the tech side. We listen to and make more than hip hop our machine can be used for classical if you like because the strings are gonna be great. But Hip Hop is our first Love and deserves some attention and dedication from the MI world considering its the number one music in the world, the voice of a generation and merly an after thought the the Big MI Corporations. Hip Hop came from the gutter and the ghetto and made something out of nothing and met harsh critisisim from the stat quo musician "not real music" and "just a fad" dont sleep on that 14 and 15 year old armed with a ghetto machine with more new sounds and power than yours..... I know 15 year olds that will merk most established producers in the game.
The next Generation is Coming and we gett'n some Thangz ready for them....

The proof will be in the pudding and we plan to be Bill Cosby up in this mug!

Rage against the Machine.... Stay yourself in the face of a hurricane of hate and you will make it.

Peace in Gaza

KANGZ

-----------------

The whole thread is actually pretty funny

What are you guys hyped on from NAMM?

STRATEGY

Apr 25, 2002
You will soon see this is no Joke.....
Yes only 16 tracks but each kit has 8 banks and you dont have to separate your drums on separate tracks anymore since you will be able to mute and solo pads..... so really each pad in a bank is a track so whats 13pads x 8banks per kit x 16 tracks? 1664 i think
The point of tracking out all your instruments, including drums/percussions/etc, is to have total control and mix over each one individually... Not simply to (un)mute them throughout your song.

I don't understand why in this day & age of technology you would still design hardware that suffers from things like limited tracks to work with. I'm guessing the use of SDHC cards is a means to help make this a 'mobile' unit that runs off the internal battery since they have very low power consumption. But, using an internal harddrive they could have easily included twice as much GB space at half the cost.

Actually, I won't bother pointing out all the flaws I think the unit has or what I would've done differently. I congratulate them on getting this far and wish them success with whoever their target market is, at whatever price point they're at. I just hope they don't show up at NAMM talking any of the stupid shit I've seen so far unless they have thick skin.

May 1, 2003
From his forum post

Did i mention that each pad can have 16 layers with independent pitch, cut off res, pan, velocity, vol and a single pad can be spread across a whole keyboard with Loop points so you can sample synths strings or anything and turn it into multi layered patches.

From the website
Create your own custom Kits with up to 8 layers per pad (each layer can have its own pitch ,pan, Volume, cutoff and res).
Which is it? Either way. That sounds like a good idea. Although loading up your own preset banks is just as good. I don't know. I wouldn't mess with it. It all sounds good on paper but even the best of the hardware makers ship shit with buggy ass operating systems which require fixes/updates etc. That takes a lot of money , know how, and a system in place to deal with repairs...warranty...etc. You don't see the Open Lab people woofin. They let the Miko speak for itself.

Apr 26, 2006
Funny how people ALWAYS gotta hate. I say let them do their THANG. Competition is great.

I don't like the name or corny hiphop marketing scheme, but so be it. If the machine is good, it's good.

A lot of people dislike "Fruity Loops" because of it's name, but I don't.

I say you just gotta give shit a try and see if it works for you.

May 1, 2003
no hate here. I just don't think a startup company should be tossin out names like MPC or Fantom because people are going to hold them to that standard. I wish them the best but they should have put some of that time and effort into effective marketing and website design so that perspective customers and their competitors will take them serious. If it pops up at Guitar Center I'll take it for a spin.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Funny how people ALWAYS gotta hate. I say let them do their THANG. Competition is great.

I don't like the name or corny hiphop marketing scheme, but so be it. If the machine is good, it's good.

A lot of people dislike "Fruity Loops" because of it's name, but I don't.

I say you just gotta give shit a try and see if it works for you.
Fruity loops is for Bustaz..ON EVERYTHING!!